US denounces Thai coup, warns on relations

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US certainly has its own problems, no doubt, all of which they don't seem to be at all ashamed of. Why should Thailand be ashamed of theirs?

If Thailand takes money from the US, they have to put up with listening a little. If they don't want money/aid, they can do what we all know they want to do and tell the US to shove it. It is that simple.

One last things I will note is that Thailand is the way it is simply because they don't have their <deleted> together. I don't think the comparisons between the freedoms in the US vs Thailand are fair, because if Thailand had the infrastructure to enforce penalties (tax evaders, unjustified searches), they certainly would. You can't really give a country credit just because it can't effectively govern itself. In short, I do feel more free here in a way, but I know I am not so naive to think this is a result of a magnanimous Thai government.

Those are my only convoluted points, for now.

Thai soldiers I salute you

America gives you small money and are not the leaders of Thailand

Thailand is a brave modern nation

RESPECT

If America doesn't like it then it proves it must be right!!

John Kerry - you have just lost one of your biggest admirers BTW. Can't the US get anything right??

• Like 1

I wish US would end their relationship with Thailand and stop the support. US does not have much benefits fromThailand. Then increase the tariffs on their Thai export products.

I assume you have already written your representative in Congress. I vote from Thailand via absentee ballot, I feel certain you do as well.

The US certainly has its own problems, no doubt, all of which they don't seem to be at all ashamed of. Why should Thailand be ashamed of theirs?

If Thailand takes money from the US, they have to put up with listening a little. If they don't want money/aid, they can do what we all know they want to do and tell the US to shove it. It is that simple.

One last things I will note is that Thailand is the way it is simply because they don't have their <deleted> together. I don't think the comparisons between the freedoms in the US vs Thailand are fair, because if Thailand had the infrastructure to enforce penalties (tax evaders, unjustified searches), they certainly would. You can't really give a country credit just because it can't effectively govern itself. In short, I do feel more free here in a way, but I know I am not so naive to think this is a result of a magnanimous Thai government.

Those are my only convoluted points, for now.

They should indeed tell the US where to stick their money and mind it's own business on something which is nothing to do with them!!!!

They should also cut the crap about this stupid 'democratic election' garbage they keep repeating. They don't understand the situation here and have gotten the wrong end of the stick whereas Prayuth (who 100% understands the damage the Shins have done to Thailand over the years) has got it spot on, unsurprisingly.

Three cheers for Prayuth and a mammoth raspberry for the US!!!!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very easy to understand why the US would come out against this, they know this could happen to them so they are worried. Just as happened here we have massive looting going on by the govt in the US.

This photo and article on Zerohedge that was just posted explains it nicely!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-22/us-government-explained-one-chart

Thanks for the Zerohedge article...the rich keep getting richer...poor...poorer...somethings gotta give...middle class evaporating...national debt out of control...fiat money laundering...Fed and gov't working together...dismal future for Americans...

At least they did not try to convert to the Euro. Talk about disaster....look there.

Neither did us clever Brits!!!

I think the problem in the coop lies in the fact that the democratic process is not working properly in Thailand. Don't get me wrong America is not perfect but that's doesn't stop everyone in the world from wanting to live here. I would not trade my middle class life here for a poor Thai persons life.

Edited by mrowe1973

Thailand is not invading other countries and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians..... This is an internal matter and the US should shut up. Hypocrites.

And by the way, did the US already find all the WMD in Iraq?

• Like 1

I guess the anti government and coup supporters are beginning to realise the rest of the world doesnt share their view of "democracy" and they dont like it. But true to form, they hurl and profanities at those who voice reason. wai.gif

Who is hurling profanities? Give me an example please do!!!

~Even if they are its preferable to hurling M79 grenades like YOUR rancid side!!

$15 million.

Chump change!

ok... so how much aid does your great nation pass over to Thailand?

In that case... How much aid do all the other great countries represented here in all the US bashing pass over?... COMBINED

Another funny image for you whingin' bitches!! LOL

post-154502-0-68201500-1400819110_thumb.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai soldiers I salute you

America gives you small money and are not the leaders of Thailand

Thailand is a brave modern nation

RESPECT

America does give small money and they most certainly are not the leaders of Thailand that much is true, of course if you want to look back 50 years you will see that it was America that built most of the modern infrastructure in Thailand and brought Thailand out of the third world wink.png As for Thailand being a brave modern nation, they are actually looking kind of foolish and childish at the moment, and that modern nation status you speak of could be removed rather quickly finding Thailand back in near third world status in the blink of an eyesad.png

• Like 1

I think the problem in the coop lies in the fact that the democratic process is not working properly in Thailand. Don't get me wrong America is not perfect but that's doesn't stop everyone in the world from wanting to live here. I would not trade my middle class life here for a poor Thai persons life.

I wouldn't have a holiday there if someone gave me free tickets!!

And you lie when the truth works

Well you would not be able to come over here on holiday and drink from

sun up till sun down. Pay for cheap women and have everyone pretend your somebody important for a few bucks. I believe it!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am always wondering, why US considers itself having a right to interfere on other countries internal affairs?

Why doesn't America mind its own business?

and that modern nation status you speak of could be removed rather quickly finding Thailand back in near third world status in the blink of an eyesad.png

And who is going to remove this status? Barak Obama?

Edited by Jeffreyake
  • Like 2

Posters here seem very selective in their criticism of the US foreign policy.

When it comes to foreign ownership of Thai houses & businesses, we complain to our embassies.

If the coup (or a different coup in the future) were to start expelling foreigners and nationalising foreign assets, would we quietly allow the Thais to do so?

Just because this coup has not affected us much, we should not condone a coup.

And I don't hear a lot of complaints when the US denounce North Korea (and, in the past, South Africa) - so we are fine with some types of interference?

Thailand need the US more than the US need Thailand.

While I'm no fan of American foreign policy, I agree with you.

At a time like this every foreign national living here needs the US, UK and other major influences in their court.

Without a constitution and some nutters at the helm, anything could happen. One day in the future all foreign nationals without work permits could be asked to temporarily leave, or those doing visa runs simply not allowed back in. Suddenly that 800k retirement money in a Thai bank isn't there anymore when you are allowed back in.

I love living here, don't get me wrong, but don't for one minute think that Thailand will protect our interests. We are guests here, and I doubt any of the top generals give a rat's ass about our rights.

And if you think the American embassy cares much at all about its expats in Thailand, think again. You're almost entirely on your own, here. In fact, the US govt. would probably prefer that we weren't here at all, so as to there being absolutely zero complications in the Big Power intimidation and international corporate connivance.

If the US must stop its military links and co-operation I wonder when the people here I believe at Udon and a couple of other places will leave.

If tthey get too snarky I guess Cobra Gold will become Dragon Gold and the US will wonder why.

"Thailand is the oldest US ally in Asia and offered crucial support to the United States on conflicts including the Korean and Vietnam wars. The United States provides $11.4 million in aid to Thailand each year, including $3.7 million in military assistance"

Pea Nuts...

​Military aid = castoffs/hand me downs/obsolete/cost too mush to maintain/junk

"Thailand is the oldest US ally in Asia and offered crucial support to the United States on conflicts including the Korean and Vietnam wars. The United States provides $11.4 million in aid to Thailand each year, including $3.7 million in military assistance"

Pea Nuts...

​Military aid = castoffs/hand me downs/obsolete/cost too mush to maintain/junk

$11.4 million in cash is peanuts. And by the time it filtered down past greedy fingers, it would be 11.4 million baht of actual benefits. Heck, the fleet spends more on a week in Phuket.

Cruising the neighborhood in one of these is priceless. You can't get better protection even if you could afford it. Which, BTW, you can't. Sadly, neither can we- but that's another thread.

And we don't even send a bill... You're welcome.

800px-Abraham-Lincoln-battlegroup.jpg

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

I thought they said there was no coup.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

??? Read the news. Started out as Military taking over Security.

2 days later, they took over the goverment. Sad day in Thailand.

Mlitary had the chance to end the cycle of Coups..but chose to follow the money... the Dems/minority

I thought they said there was no coup.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

That joke is about 14 hours old get with the program things move fast in Thailand. Here you can use this one I came up with it last night. You hear the new story about 7-11 in Thailand? They are renaming 5-10 because of the coup! *snare drum*