Why does True Visions have the same program on all it's channels?

cloghead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I called True. I was quite cordial and asked if they intended on billing me for the services I am not receiving. I was shocked when they told me they will issue credit for the days service is out.

Typical capitalist attitude, the customer always pays, profits must not be affected. If a service you are paying for is not available for whatever reason, then you should not have to pay, but hey TiT.

I called True. I was quite cordial and asked if they intended on billing me for the services I am not receiving. I was shocked when they told me they will issue credit for the days service is out.

Typical capitalist attitude, the customer always pays, profits must not be affected. If a service you are paying for is not available for whatever reason, then you should not have to pay, but hey TiT.

I won't believe that till it actually happens.

Did they give any indication when some/all service might be restored?

Champions League, Monaco F1, NBA playoffs, Roland Garos. I have no issues with them blocking news channels - OK I do, but that's a separate issue - but am unclear as to why the Military Junta feels the need to block sports/movie content.

• Like 1

Again they are not thinking... I could understand blocking news channels during something like this, but by blocking all programming they are giving all the Thais who normally watch TV all the time nothing to do but get into mischief...

Did they give any indication when some/all service might be restored?

Champions League, Monaco F1, NBA playoffs, Roland Garos. I have no issues with them blocking news channels - OK I do, but that's a separate issue - but am unclear as to why the Military Junta feels the need to block sports/movie content.

Because they can?

I think it's either shut the whole network down or leave it open. I don't think they can be selective or really care one iota.

I feel figs for most TV programmes, but please can I get my Rugby back?

If there is a person reading this that is vetting for the council - that is channel 669. Would be most appreciative.

Just remember that TV and sport tend to passify the population. Don't let people get bored! Remember opiate of the people and all.

Currently one army officer, and one girl are repeatable stating details and they appear on all the

true-visions TV channels, when their talks are ended nice sounds of music do occur.

The army no doubt insist that all TV users will have to hear the messages, hence the outline on the entire TV channels.

I'll be even more shocked when they actually issue said credit smile.png

That sounds about right to me. It’s what I would expect to happen. I’m pretty sure that before when there have been service outages True has compensated customers in some way – either by giving free days of viewing, or by giving upgraded packages for a period (e.g. a Gold member gets to watch Platinum channels for free for a few days).
Yes, I’m sure we’ve all read that under martial law there is no requirement to give compensation for damages suffered as a result of the military requisitioning items. Which means that if, for example, your house or car was requisitioned then you would not get compensation for that. And as I understand it the way this would work for True Vision is that True would not get any compensation for any losses it suffers as a result of it’s broadcasts being suspended (e.g loss of viewer subscriptions & advertising revenue). But True still has a contract with it’s customers and if it fails to deliver on that contract it’s liable to its customers. That's my take anyway, for what it's worth.

For the Tru Move Users ; - If you want a bit of background sanity, click the " TV / Radio " button ( top left hand corner of your True Move Remote Control ) and then try Channel 726 for BBC World News Service. At least it's a welcome break from the Thai Patriotic Songs .........and some useful updates. Same old, same old stuff, you will want to blow the TV up after an hour of listening to the same stuff, but at least it's useful and updates for an hour or so !

Sensible Post this !

When are they gonna get rid of this hateful marching muzac from the TV. Pissing me off now

Wanna watch the rugby. Hardly a matter for insurrection is it <deleted> sad.png

Thai generals know nothing about rugby, but to their credit they did a bit of research to see if it would be OK to resume broadcasting "rugby" or not.

Unfortunately, when they discovered that it was a game played by 28 men and only 2 hookers, they decided to continue to ban it, but this time maybe for good.

• Like 1