All free TV stations, except TPBS, to resume normal broadcast this evening

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are you all surprised? They said the 'free Thai TV Channels would be restored - no others.

Posted 35 minutes ago on Thai Visa on another thread.

RT@Saksith: There you go, people! RT @bangkokpastor: @Saksith all TrueVisions channels jus came back including news and sports.

Why are you all surprised? They said the 'free Thai TV Channels would be restored - no others.

Posted 35 minutes ago on Thai Visa on another thread.

RT@Saksith: There you go, people! RT @bangkokpastor: @Saksith all TrueVisions channels jus came back including news and sports.

Mine came back for a short period of time - I expect they had to turn ALL back on and then turn off the ones they were not allowed to broadcast. I admit it is a real pain in the ass.

• Like 1

Oh, well. I can live with the situation. Truth be told, I mainly have True for the NFL, NHL, and baseball. Most other things I watch are downloaded. Can't say that my life is empty without Anderson Cooper and Amanpour and that ridiculous Richard Quest. Most of the time CNN just makes me irritated--even more so than BBC. Do miss TCM and MGM classics, however. But this, too, shall pass. And probably all will be back on air in a day or two. Or I will be disconnecting from True.

On Happy Home Cable in BKK right now, all the regular over-the-air Thai channels seem to be back. But the cable system is broadcasting Army Channel 5 on most of the other channels except for a few international entertainment channels like Universal, SyFy, Animax, etc. that have been restored.

All of the news channels they'd normally air -- BBC, Fox, Channel News Asia -- are still off-air.

However, I did see that Thai PBS HD is back on our cable system -- despite the comments earlier in the thread with the NBTC saying they'd be delayed in being allowed to return because of their YouTube episode last night.

On Happy Home Cable in BKK right now, all the regular over-the-air Thai channels seem to be back. But the cable system is broadcasting Army Channel 5 on most of the other channels except for a few international entertainment channels like Universal, SyFy, Animax, etc. that have been restored.

All of the news channels they'd normally air -- BBC, Fox, Channel News Asia -- are still off-air.

However, I did see that Thai PBS HD is back on our cable system -- despite the comments earlier in the thread with the NBTC saying they'd be delayed in being allowed to return because of their YouTube episode last night.

Really wish I could get Syfy on True.

• Like 2

A good move I think. I can't understand why they did it in the first place. Although I disagree with blocking BBC and CNN I can maybe see why they might want to but stopping normal programmes just makes them seem more authoritarian for no purpose that I can see. It just angers people for no reason. In future may be they should have sound effects.

I think it was a move to show the stations who is in control and holds the ability to bring their income to a crashing standstill - to ensure they play ball. Bit like the old move The Day the Earth Stood Still when the alien took out power (except hospitals and panes in flight) for a single day - just to show they could.

• Like 1

what about true vision TV ??????????????

Exactly, what about True TV?

too much Truth in it? i.e. BBC, CNN...

Really? I guess so if you enjoy Western propaganda. Actually, if it wasn't for my wife, there wouldn't be a TV in the house. But she is addicted to those Thai Soaps and the Evening Weather Forecast.

You could turn off "The Boob Tube", walk away for a year, and when you get back you'd find that little of importance had changed.

Anyway, wife's happy! That's all that counts.

Edited by connda

True is still broadcasting BBC World Service radio on Channel 726 if you want to know what's not happening in Ukraine. That broadcast was never interrupted. Don't forget to hit the Radio button on the top l/h side of the TrueVisions remote (or listen on the net).

I reckon what happened is that all the operators got delivered a written order to shut down for 24 hours yesterday, this wouldhave been hand delivered. As it expired at 6.15 they started broadcasting again but soon received another order, so you wont

see it until 6.15 tomorrow at the earliest. On a personal note listening to the announcement that the two lackeys read out

about some new document that's come out I once again, to my chagrin, realised how poor my Thai is after many years I didn't

understand much of it all. And to the two tame farangs interviewed around Khao San Rd GF

On True vision satellite now you can get the official Channel 5 news and a ghost story lakorn on every channel - but one by one each channel seems to be shutting down? Over the past few minutes half the channels are switched to the blue screen with Army badges - which preferable to the lakorn at least.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is insane to shut down all of TrueVisions entertainment and movie channels. As if Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo-Boo and Dance Moms were going to ferment revolution. It's bad enough that many businesses are closed and the rest shoo us out by 9 pm so their staff can be home by curfew. I guess we're suppose to go home and watch the 5th season of Breaking Bad on USB for the third time. (well, actually that is better programming than anything currently on Truevisions except maybe for the 4th season of Breaking Bad currently playing on the Sundance Channel ... but I digress).

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

Evidently in our household normality is not happening Mrs Poohy is displeasedsad.png ..... god knows how many channels, one with an ancient movie about a gentleman who shall remain nameless .... and the rest the multi badge screenfacepalm.gif

DLTV 14 channel 60 on True has been on since the beginning. It has been showing the history of the King on video.

Tonight he was in the US meeting Eisenhower, playing the Saxophone with Benny Goodman, touring the Country

it is pretty interesting... something to watch anyhow.

Edited by tpiety2
  • Like 1

The Coup leaders dare not air the Satellite channels (via True, GMM etc), 'cos those companies also carry international news channels (BBC, CNN, etc).

In order not to lose face and be accused of being afraid of international news channels, the Coup leaders have decided to ban ALL satellite channels - as it would be obvious if they only banned the news ones.

Now it seems that the Coup leaders are allowing 2 or 3 Thai channels to air the Soaps, to appease the populace.

Pathetic.

• Like 2

This article is wrong. Thai PBS was running when I watched it between the hours of around 8 to 9pm tonight - there was a very interesting documentary about corruption in Thai society and the Thai workplace. Then it abruptly stopped again.

Of the few channels that I could watch in the 24hour period when Thai TV stations were being blocked included Channel News Asia (Singapore), Al Jazeera English (Qatar), all 5 Lao stations, most Myanmar stations (the last 3 generally only work from time to time anyway), Malaysian and Chinese CCTV channels (CCTV 4 Chinese International or Zhongguo guoji 中国国际) and CCTV 9 documentary (English). So basically, Channel News Asia was the news source to follow to find out what happened as a result of the coup, in fact, the majority of Channel News Asia's programming was related to the coup and it's aftermath, economic impacts etc. I believe the reason BBC and CNN (as well as Australia Network) were taken off the air is because of their biased reporting on such matters. Singapore's reporting is hardly biased - they relayed the facts, talked about the economic implications, Singapore government travel warnings but there was no condemnation by the Singaporean government.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

DLTV 14 channel 60 on True has been on since the beginning. It has been showing the history of the King on video.

Tonight he was in the US meeting Eisenhower, playing the Saxophone with Benny Goodman, touring the Country

it is pretty interesting... something to watch anyhow.

Aha that's the one then, sadly its not overly popular with my Mrs despite being the only thing to watch! as for me...Dads Army is in full swing!