Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gen P. Is going to pass new laws to get rid of this red shirt scum once and for all. Celebrate!

Yes, let's also get rid of the dark skinned people, and the disabled, and the dwarfs, and the muslims, and the farangs, Anyone who does not agree with us, look like us, think like us...lets kick them out…!

If any of the above are Reds. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

Yep. Defending it 100%. As are my Thai hill country family. As is the guy in the local shop. As is the woman who sells the coffee. As is the policeman I occasionally cycle with. As is a schoolboy, so of poor farmers. As is .... many people

• Like 1

The Thai news is reporting that the Senate was disbanded because Thaksin had bribed and bought some Senator

I heard Thaksin also bribed and bought some military officers, maybe Gen Prayut should disband...

No, I guess that's not going to happen.

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

I was a defender, and I don't mind admitting that this latest development has taken me aback. From the way he has been handling things so far, I will not condemn him yet...he's obviously got plans a,b, c, and d, e, f...a smart cookie. So I'll wait and see.

• Like 1

Gen P. Is going to pass new laws to get rid of this red shirt scum once and for all. Celebrate!

Yes, let's also get rid of the dark skinned people, and the disabled, and the dwarfs, and the muslims, and the farangs, Anyone who does not agree with us, look like us, think like us...lets kick them out…!

If any of the above are Reds. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must have had a sad life mate. Or a red-shirted gigolo has taken your girl?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BREAKING:

General Prayuth replaces police chief, DSI chief, and defence permanent secretary, dissolves the Senate and takes over parliamentary authority.

Can I file a lawsuit with Charter Court to remove General Prayuth for unfair replacement? Nevermind. There are no laws in Thailand now. General Prayuth's words are the laws. LOL

Edited by stickyrice2000
  • Like 1

The Thai news is reporting that the Senate was disbanded because Thaksin had bribed and bought some Senator

I heard Thaksin also bribed and bought some military officers, maybe Gen Prayut should disband...

No, I guess that's not going to happen.

They are too smart to hitch their wagon to a falling star. If there was a bribe they just pocketed it.

• Like 1

Yet, under the Shins, corruption has soared to unprecidented heights.

Only seems that way because he published the price list....... The elites prefer an MSRP without a published price list tongue.png

I don't like corruption but the Shins did take it to far even for the Thai people. Some Thais even telling me that corruption is a part of "Thai culture"!

As some of my closest Thai friends said when YL was removed as PM:

Before the Shins a normal kick-back was 10-20% and under the Shins it has gone to 50% or MORE!

• Like 2

As a Coup, he is executing the moves perfectly - text book stuff. He is taking no chances on leaving pockets of dissent and really cleaning the house out in an even handed manner. Perfect army style, knock the cockiness out of people and then he will rebuild.

• Like 1

This is not surprising given the insanity of the last few years.

Especially after all the talk of dividing Thailand and Civil War.

I can still remember how good it was in Thailand before Thaksin.

The General really needs to rid Thailand of any thing related to Thaksin and the UDD.

Sure, it was a real paradise in Thailand before Thaksin and the "30 baht health scheme." I remember asking a doctor what the Thais did without medical insurance. His reply ... "They die."

You do realize that it was the democrates that pushed that legislation through. Right?

It was Thaksin that took credit when it kicked in under his watch, even though he had nothing to do with it.

Thai Rak Thai policy from late 2000. See http://tdri.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/t5s2006.pdf

any idea what this means?

RT@tulsathit: A major detention is said to have taken place.

in the breaking news section...

That you're living up to the description located atop your TVF avatar?

Max Max, please try harder next time. We're wasting time here.. wink.png

My good, pertinent (well ... maybe impertinent) ones have been deleted, sorry. I still want to see General Chan-ocha's service record - interested in any psychiatric evaluations, medical problems, etc. After all, if one is going to "run" (a euphemism in this case) a country one should be in good health.

Soldiers have just arrested Thaksin's son !!!

Yee haa !!!!

Soon they will have the whole family except for the run aways.

I was going to speculate this was the major detention, there has been talk on the Thai side that he is behind the anti-coup protests today.

Edited by rabas

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information and public expression of opinion on the internet. But I guess that would come after the shuttering of the judicial branch of gov't.? I'm afraid our days are numbered.

Our days are numbered? Come on already TV. Enough of the freaking fear mongering.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Good luck to Him. He is the Abe Lincoln of Thailand.

....or Pol Pot. Time will tell.

'The constitution was replaced after 2006 with one intended to curb Thaksin's electoral influence.

"This time, the constitutional changes will be more thorough," Thai politics analyst Paul Chambers said.

He said measures could include "electoral gerrymandering, even more power granted to the judiciary, and finally -- and most ominously -- more power granted to the army." Centnews.com 24.05.14

Got to be one smart constitution next time to curb Mr T?

Maybe there is a lot going on that one is not allowed to discuss?

Thailand is changing but some are trying to hold onto a past.

Mr T could be curbed quite easily by revoking his passport. I'm sure that is possible.

The Thai news is reporting that the Senate was disbanded because Thaksin had bribed and bought some Senators.

Wow, that riveting information, not the news report itself but the ground-breaking news re Thaksin / senators.

So many of you cannot accept whats going on here in Thailand. If you feel it's so bad, why not move back to you home country or to Zimbabwe as someone proposed. I'm a farrang work and live in this Kingdom and I do accept if strong measures are taken to root out corruption and any other issues.

We are guests in this country and not citizens. If some cannot accept that fact, they always have the freedom to leave Thailand and settle down in another "paradise".

I agree with you. We are foreigners in thailand so we can only accept these changes. Ah well. But I still pray for thailand. Thai people are friendly and nice, just that the political system is not mature yet.

Yes agree Thailand has long way to go, but reading post here makes me wonder if they are ex PM's or at least former advisers based on their opinions how things are done here or should be done. Or it's maybe the nature of farrangs here to complain and comment internal business as they still are in their home country, - just wonder

He will make laws according to the demands of pdrc, the dem, the appointed senators and NACC, CC, EC, AC, Ombudsman who are the vehicles of the 'old elite power' to seize power from the democratically people elected government.

• Like 1

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information and public expression of opinion on the internet. But I guess that would come after the shuttering of the judicial branch of gov't.? I'm afraid our days are numbered.

Nonsense. He is just cleaning out the dirt. To bring about reforms so there can be elections in the shortest possible time, he needs to eliminate all obstructions. No half measures, just go for it, do it. It won't be long before the curfew is lifted.

Agree, First cleaning out the dirt . Now they controll und stop the money transfers. The catched already one with 100 Million Baht cash on the run. Assets and tax check of all politicians and all high officials. All who have abused their power only for personal enrichment, into the prison for a long time with assets Confiscation

Yes pay the farmers. Lift the curfew. Normal people like to work. Make reforms. No criminals ever again in parliament. Then Election. Guess thats the plan.

It is up to the Thais to revolt/resist/riseup to a military dictatorship who are a bunch of hooligans removing a democratic constitution. Obviously the government and opposition could not solve their problems but the military has never resolved problems in Thailand ...but only make them worse. Before stupid people ruled Thailand....now awfully stupid rule the country believing they are God. These army generals should all be hanged for treason. Thailand rise up and fight for true democracy.

spoken like a true real man from some here other than thailand...if you are here LEAVE...maybe you could lead the fight eh...w00t.gif

Good luck to Him. He is the Abe Lincoln of Thailand.

....or Pol Pot. Time will tell.

'The constitution was replaced after 2006 with one intended to curb Thaksin's electoral influence.

"This time, the constitutional changes will be more thorough," Thai politics analyst Paul Chambers said.

He said measures could include "electoral gerrymandering, even more power granted to the judiciary, and finally -- and most ominously -- more power granted to the army." Centnews.com 24.05.14

Got to be one smart constitution next time to curb Mr T?

Maybe there is a lot going on that one is not allowed to discuss?

Thailand is changing but some are trying to hold onto a past.

Mr T could be curbed quite easily by revoking his passport. I'm sure that is possible.

Which passport?

• Like 1