Do you hang out in your local 7/11?

coconutbar

The Thais that work in the 7/11 near my house in silom area are the most chilled out Thais I've ever met .

I find myself drinking coffee , cracking jokes and chatting to the staff most mornings they really make me laugh how unserious they are......

Any TV members befriended the local 7/11 staff?

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CocoNUTbar,

You think too mutt.

learn to spell: u tink too mutt

Ahhhh, Sorry Tony. 5555555

I'm surprise you wasted your first post on TVF to me......or should I be honoured, Sir Tony budgiesmuggler?

Welcome to TVF, or should I say, welcome back lol

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

I'm in 7/11 practically every single day... They know me... there is one chick who is so freakin' slow for whatever reason though... She is VERY LAID BACK... a bit too laid back when I have somewhere to go and she takes forever lol

There used to be a very odd American bloke who'd hang around our local Family Mart.

The staff seemed to tolerate him but would up calling the coppers on him when he began to get pervy at them.

He spoke an abysmal hybrid of phrasebook Thai and Bar Girl Thinglish at them. He tried to speak this odd mix to my missus one evening but she gave him a right rant.

OP if it's kipper tha needs head to the bars like what normal people do.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm known as the Jacob's Creek guy at my 7-11. Nobody else ever buys it.

There is a good reason nobody buys it....

Jacob's Creek is a nice workable wine. No problem with it at all, except it is overpriced.

• Like 2

i've only been to the 7-11 at beach rd, pattaya and the one near nana BTS, bangkok, equally good service. i even gave way to other thai people and let them queue in front of me 1st, one of the girl winked at me.

• Like 1

I don't get it. It's a convenience store - the whole point is that you don't have to spend more than a minimal amount of time in there. Why would you want to hang around? Surely the staff would think it was a bit weird if you were to do so?

15 baht coffee might be one of the reasons

• Like 2

7-11's are a godsend in Thailand. Can be found on every corner and every 200 metres orso. It's wonderful when I'm walking the long main sois and feeling hot and dehydrated, the nearest 7-11 is not far and just hop in to cool down and drink some icy beverage. Sometimes I bump into some cute ladies in there, that's just a plus.

• Like 2

There are three 7/11's within two hundred metres of my place. My favourite is the one with the pair of rotund twins who always seem to be on the same shift and chant the 'sawasdee kha chern kha' greeting in stereo.

• Like 2

Any TV members befriended the local 7/11 staff?

Broadmoor is full of people like you, coconutbar. The 7-Eleven staff are likely scared shitless but a only a nutjob is unable to read the signs.

The staff are only scared when I show them my special forces tattoo .

Oh and how do you know about the people in broadmoor??

• Like 1