cost of living in Lopburi

Hello.
Could anyone advise me on the cost of living in lopburi nowadays please.

I lived in Thailand for many years before and seriously thinking about returning but I know that the prices have gone up since leaving.

I'm looking at;

Rent of a 2 bed bungalow
Electric-monthly
Decent Internet, well as best as I can get!
Average cost of Thai meal
Average cost of Falang meal

Cost of Schooling of child in Thai school monthly. Seriously thinking about homeschool but looking at various options at the moment..
Thank you

I know there's a lot more that this but Im just looking at basic package at the moment.
Thank you

Going in a North-wards direction from Bangkok, it varies somewhat on location but as usual, the learning kerb is always as you go.

From my own experience and from people I have known or know now in their situation.

Rent of a 2 bed bungalow or 3 bed house.....Can get for...3000 - 5000 per month
Electric-monthly on 15/45 amp supply say 2 people.... I air-con, fridge, fans etc. 800 - 1600 cost depending on time of year.
Decent Internet, well as best as I can get!....3BB is the best I can get .....631 per month.
Average cost of Thai meal....depends on what you eat .....25 - 100
Average cost of Falang meal... 60 - 450 +

Don't really want to comment on schools apart from the fact there are some very good Government village schools, which poor people and alike send their kids to.

As I see it the things that has gone up the most over the years is fuel, building materials & labour costs.

Hope that some guidance.smile.png

Going in a North-wards direction from Bangkok, it varies somewhat on location but as usual, the learning kerb is always as you go.

From my own experience and from people I have known or know now in their situation.

Electric-monthly on 15/45 amp supply say 2 people.... I air-con, fridge, fans etc. 800 - 1600 cost depending on time of year.

Decent Internet, well as best as I can get!....3BB is the best I can get .....631 per month.

Don't really want to comment on schools apart from the fact there are some very good Government village schools, which poor people and alike send their kids to.

As I see it the things that has gone up the most over the years is fuel, building materials & labour costs.

Agree with most except you might like to up the cost of electric a bit 8 months of the year.

My one for two aircons: used to work out approximately 2.5/3th a month but the last two months it's been around 4.5th it's called hot at the moment. Also the cost per unit has just gone up as well.

Re school's yes there are government one's but I have found that they are at best a bit poor.

A private one will cost around 30th a year + a few extras. Far superior with good teachers, much better if you can afford it.

Agree with most except you might like to up the cost of electric a bit 8 months of the year.

My one for two aircons: used to work out approximately 2.5/3th a month but the last two months it's been around 4.5th it's called hot at the moment. Also the cost per unit has just gone up as well.

Re school's yes there are government one's but I have found that they are at best a bit poor.

A private one will cost around 30th a year + a few extras. Far superior with good teachers, much better if you can afford it.

Electric costs yes but I guess it depending what time of the year and how acclimatized you are.biggrin.png

As I said didn't really want to comment on schools but having worked in schools the ones that people think are better are mostly and nothing more than a con to get money, sorry, that said it is always the individual that will succeed in progressing.

Without the OP coming back it is difficult to access his financial situation.

I'm ok here Thailand I am sure you are too. regards K.

Just had a look at google for a school in Lopburi, try Winitsusa a secondary school in the town center,fee paying,as Kwa said a con, all the kids come out the another end all the same,pooly educated,but from the private schools you get the certificate saying that you have been thay,look's beter on the cv than a govenment school , I am afraid to say, and Thai's like that sort of thing.

I helped with an english camp at Winitusa many years ago, I thought the standerded of english no better than our local govenment scool.

Could contact them ,will give you some ider of school costs in general, and what to expect. they use to have farang english teatchers, if that means any thing.

KS

• Like 1

I think it's where you are you can be lucky if you pick a good government school.

My daughter used to go to one and everyone (Thai) said it was the best one by far in K.P.Phet.

I on the other hand thought it was rubbish, the wife had a poke around and in the end we settled for a private one, my daughter has been there for just over 6 months has she improved, by leaps and bounds she is now learning Chinese as well as English. But it does cost 30th a year, I think well worth it.

Unlike England it does matter in Thailand where you go an who you know snob value go's a long way. Sorry to say you have to pay if you want the so called best. Whether it is or not that's up to the individual to make their up their own mind.

• 11 months later...