success stories on thaifriendly.com

HD and Soutpeel, What country do you 2 live in? It certainly must not be Thailand. MK is a great place to meet for a first date, and its not that expensive if things dont work out. Back home, most people meet for first dates at Starbucks or at a bar, does that mean that they are all cheapskates? Any Thai woman I ask would be more than happy to go to MK as a first meeting.

FYI, the woman that asked for a first date at an expensive restaurant, the bill would have been more than 5,000 baht when i looked the place up online. I guess HD and Sout have unlimited money and can just wine and dine any woman at the most expensive place in town for a first meeting. Thats not "economical" to me and if the woman balks, thats a sign to find another.

MK is a great place to meet for a first date

No it´s not it´s noisy the food is not good and you have to make it yourself. If I wanted I would not go to MK.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what you order, but for me and any Thai lady I have ever taken there, its a great place. I always order the duck and then the suki..

The women like it because they can eat alot and Thai women like to eat. It also lets me see if they have a good hand at cooking and sharing.

Is it the only place I have ever taken a lady for a first meeting? NO! Some ladies just want to meet for the first time at a mall and look around, others I took to a park and walked a while. Instead of posting things like, "MK sucks for a first meeting" why dont people suggest where to meet? Maybe something like, "MK is not the most romantic place for a first date, but I took my GF to (insetrt restaurant name here) and it was great."

Since this is a "Success stories on Thaifriendly" thread, and some haters have posted who have no online dating experience whatsoever, it would be nice to hear from some more of you online daters who have success stories to share, and maybe even where you met your online lady for the first time. Ok maybe MK is not the ideal place to meet for the first time, but tell me where you did meet her for the first time, and how things have gone since then. Did you have experience in spending big money on the first date only to find out there was no chemistry? Did you have a low budget first meeting and now have a relationship thats enduring?

The bottom line is that Thaifriendly worked for me and my GF and it, and other online dating sites, might work for others.

HD and Soutpeel, What country do you 2 live in? It certainly must not be Thailand. MK is a great place to meet for a first date, and its not that expensive if things dont work out. Back home, most people meet for first dates at Starbucks or at a bar, does that mean that they are all cheapskates? Any Thai woman I ask would be more than happy to go to MK as a first meeting.

FYI, the woman that asked for a first date at an expensive restaurant, the bill would have been more than 5,000 baht when i looked the place up online. I guess HD and Sout have unlimited money and can just wine and dine any woman at the most expensive place in town for a first meeting. Thats not "economical" to me and if the woman balks, thats a sign to find another.

No it´s not it´s noisy the food is not good and you have to make it yourself. If I wanted I would not go to MK.

You don't need to make it yourself? Any decent Thai girl willd o it for you.

Whats your idea of a classy place to meet an internet date for the first time and how much should you spend? Lets say you have never met her before, and you are currently playing the field with a few different women, and you dont have a steady GF yet. And lets also say in the process of finding your Ms. Right, you like to date 3 times a week, not for sex, just to meet women for the first time. Dating can get expensive if your first dates are always going to be 1000 baht first dates. Ot maybe I am just a cheapskate not wanting to spend 1000 baht on a first date.

Sitting in a drive through car wash with a bag of peanuts would be a classier first date than an MK restaurant.

and here we go again...fixated on the cost of date, I can see a pattern developing here...maybe this is why Southerndrawl is not having much success...

I have never dated anyone from the internet, but if I did, as a gentleman, I would enquire as where the young lady would like eat, if she didn't know, I would suggest a few possible locations based on her culinary preferences (not MK,McD's/KFC BTW) and we would have dinner at the selected location with the intent of having and enjoyable evening, if at the end of the evening, I have had an enjoyable time, I couldn't really care if I have spent THB 1k, THB 5k, 10k...

I have had a goodnight out, now here is the clever bit, if both parties are not "clicking" one suspects the evening will be cheaper, simply because one or both parties want to get out of the place as quickly as possible... thumbsup.gif

Whats wrong with being aware of the cost of a date! I said aware, not fixated,

If I was an old ugly fart trying to pickup 20s year old normal and bar girls, yes I would expect to be seen as a walking ATM, why else would would they even look at me!

I apply the same rules in Thailand as I would back home

if the girl suggests a really expensive place, then either she is paying for it, or im not going,

however, if ive been showing off my wealth then thats your problem and you deserve to get taken for a financial ride

My first date is at a cafe/bar , or a restaurant that is average or medium,

If I am going to get judged on where I suggest for a first date, as long as its not a street side stall or Burger King, then I dont care how hot she is, there wont be a second date

Maybe cos Im not too old (30s) that you guys in your 50s-70s are more old fashioned (with no disrespect) and are more used to paying for absolutely everything as this was the norm,

when im seriously dating a girl, I expect her to chip in, whether it be, paying for every 2nd or 3rd date, or if she borrowed my car, to fill it up with fuel ,

oh and the idea of giving someone pocket money/allowance is just bizzare and a foreign concept to me

last year I went on thailovelinks and chatted to a few before I visited,

chatted to this early 30s girl, 2 kids to a thai man, living in bkk, very sensual looking, very very attractive to me, and many others

I had 2 freinds with me, we decided to meet at my hotel lobby and go to RCA or khao san rd, when I heard Khao san road, I immediately assumed she was a freelancer for rich farangs

she picked us up in her 4wd/suv, drove us to the club, we paid for our individual entry fees,

she proceeded to buy a 1700 baht bottle of vodka for all of us, left a 1300 tip,

second bottle, she also tried to pay for , I paid,

had an awesome night!

unfortunately, saw her a few days later but one of her friends got sick and she had to go really early, and I never saw her again even though I tried to organise another meeting, I was disappointed

unfortunately, saw her a few days later but one of her friends got sick and she had to go really early, and I never saw her again even though I tried to organise another meeting, I was disappointed

laugh.png ...or she concluded she had more money than you, so you were not a worthwhile prospect, read the sub-text in what you have written...

"friend got sick" "leave early" couldn't contact her afterwards.

I agree 100% especially if its a first meeting.

<<<Whats wrong with being aware of the cost of a date! I said aware, not fixated,

if the girl suggests a really expensive place, then either she is paying for it, or im not going,

My first date is at a cafe/bar , or a restaurant that is average or medium>>>

If youre still single, you should try to contact her again if you were interested. That happened to me a few years ago, I met a girl from online one time, went to a movie and dinner, and got along great but never got together again despite my attempts. 1 year later I saw her online again and got together with her again and stayed with her for a while until I went back home. Turns out she was on the outs with her BF when I met her the first time, but she decided to get together with him again. The second time I met her she was truly single and available.

last year I went on thailovelinks and chatted to a few before I visited,

chatted to this early 30s girl, 2 kids to a thai man, living in bkk, very sensual looking, very very attractive to me, and many others

I had 2 freinds with me, we decided to meet at my hotel lobby and go to RCA or khao san rd, when I heard Khao san road, I immediately assumed she was a freelancer for rich farangs

she picked us up in her 4wd/suv, drove us to the club, we paid for our individual entry fees,

she proceeded to buy a 1700 baht bottle of vodka for all of us, left a 1300 tip,

second bottle, she also tried to pay for , I paid,

had an awesome night!

Mate, you may not realize how inappropriate that video is.....laugh.png

you do know he is in court currently accused of being a pedo...rolleyes.gif

The woman, now 52, claims he then put his arm around her and moved his hand up and down her back, before squeezing her bottom.

Whats wrong with being aware of the cost of a date! I said aware, not fixated,

If I was an old ugly fart trying to pickup 20s year old normal and bar girls, yes I would expect to be seen as a walking ATM, why else would would they even look at me!

however, if ive been showing off my wealth then thats your problem and you deserve to get taken for a financial ride

My first date is at a cafe/bar , or a restaurant that is average or medium,

If I am going to get judged on where I suggest for a first date, as long as its not a street side stall or Burger King, then I dont care how hot she is, there wont be a second date

Maybe cos Im not too old (30s) that you guys in your 50s-70s are more old fashioned (with no disrespect) and are more used to paying for absolutely everything as this was the norm,

when im seriously dating a girl, I expect her to chip in, whether it be, paying for every 2nd or 3rd date, or if she borrowed my car, to fill it up with fuel ,

oh and the idea of giving someone pocket money/allowance is just bizzare and a foreign concept to me

Forgive me for going back and looking at your other posts. You are a middle aged guy who has never had a wife or steady girlfriend and you describe yourself as a 6 out of 10. I think it is time to re think what you consider bizzare.

I would highly recommend using dating sites. I believe most of those knocking these types of services never tried or can not read, write, use modern technology or are just unsuccessful with ladies no matter what they do. As everywhere, there are scammers, cheats and just down right dishonest people but there are many decent people looking for the same thing you are. I have met and dated girls on a few different sites and most were really nice. You have to be careful and if you have any negative feeling towards a girl just block or move on. I would normally chat with a few at a time and have hundreds as friends. Don't be in too much of a hurry and video chat prior to going out. Too easy !!!

No wonder some of these losers do online dating. Firts dstes in Starbucks or MK, jesus people clearly have a lack of social skills and creativity, or are they just plain cheap?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mate, you may not realize how inappropriate that video is.....laugh.png

you do know he is in court currently accused of being a pedo...rolleyes.gif

The woman, now 52, claims he then put his arm around her and moved his hand up and down her back, before squeezing her bottom.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rolf-harris-trial-recap-updates-3625022

Off topic,

Accused of bum squeezing a teen in the 70s, lock him up for the rest of his life and ban all his records and shows.

Seems the British police and courts have nothing better to do.

No evidence either, his word Vs her word from memories 40 years old, surprised if he would even remember her or the event if real.

Since so many millions of us losers used and are using online dating with great success, perhaps you would like to share your opulent way of meeting a lady for the first time. I mean, aside from under the bridge which is probably where you usually take them.

No wonder some of these losers do online dating. Firts dstes in Starbucks or MK, jesus people clearly have a lack of social skills and creativity, or are they just plain cheap?

Since so many millions of us losers used and are using online dating with great success, perhaps you would like to share your opulent way of meeting a lady for the first time. I mean, aside from under the bridge which is probably where you usually take them.

Starbucks and MK, give me a break.

Must of hit a raw nerve.

I would never go to Starbucks, way too expensive, and that's just for me.

I love coffee bars, if they charge more that 50bht a drink (prefer 30-40bht) I won't go there.

Many foreigners seem foolish with money, why pay more for a franchise, when the coffee often isn't that good.

Meet a respectable Thai lady for the first time, meet at a temple, costs nothing and the girls love it.

I would never go to Starbucks, way too expensive, and that's just for me.

I love coffee bars, if they charge more that 50bht a drink (prefer 30-40bht) I won't go there.

Many foreigners seem foolish with money, why pay more for a franchise, when the coffee often isn't that good.

Oh agree that there are some great coffee shops around, thankfully there are no Starbucks or MK where I live. I cant think why anyone would go to Starbucks on a first date? And its nothing to do with the money.

In Thailand it is the sworn obligation of every woman to fix up any Farang they meet with a date/wife/significant other.

There is no getting around it. It's just a fact of life. Thai women are convinced a Farang should and could not ever live alone.

Actually Mr Toad lives in the grand Toad hall, and one expects he does share his opulent way of life with the ladies when meeting them for the first time, and most certainly would never dream of entertaining a real lady at an establishment so tacky and crass as MK/ Starbucks or god forbid McDonalds or KFC.

Almost every girl on that site writes and speaks English, which makes it easier for someone like me who doesnt speak or write Thai. Some people find it easy to meet girls on the street, such as Thailiketoo, who can simply meet a coffee girl and start a conversation. Im on the shy side, and I dont speak Thai, so a dating site with girls who write and speak English was a good choice for me. I found that some girls write their profiles in Thai, and I didnt respond to any of them because if they cant even write their profile in English, they probably cant speak English either.

The chances of meeting a normal Thai lady who speaks English and is prepared to sleep with a bald, fat, foreign dullard 20 years her senior is very close to zero.

On the other hand, Thai sex workers that fulfil that criteria are plentiful.

Yes, but the bald, fat, foreign dullard 20 years her senior, may have a fat wallet, and build her a house etc. Is sleeping with her then very close to zero? I don't think so, unless that normal Thai lady who speaks English has a house, car, good job etc.

Almost every girl on that site writes and speaks English, which makes it easier for someone like me who doesnt speak or write Thai. Some people find it easy to meet girls on the street, such as Thailiketoo, who can simply meet a coffee girl and start a conversation. Im on the shy side, and I dont speak Thai, so a dating site with girls who write and speak English was a good choice for me. I found that some girls write their profiles in Thai, and I didnt respond to any of them because if they cant even write their profile in English, they probably cant speak English either.

The chances of meeting a normal Thai lady who speaks English and is prepared to sleep with a bald, fat, foreign dullard 20 years her senior is very close to zero.

On the other hand, Thai sex workers that fulfil that criteria are plentiful.

Yes, but the bald, fat, foreign dullard 20 years her senior, may have a fat wallet, and build her a house etc. Is sleeping with her then very close to zero? I don't think so, unless that normal Thai lady who speaks English has a house, car, good job etc.

You've missed the point, sleeping with a guy for money isn't considered normal by many foreigners.

Yes his diet must mainly consist of flies that he can lasso with his tongue. Surely far and above the meager, cheap and tasteless food of Starbucks or MK. wink wink

Im ashamed that I have allowed myself to digress into the filth ridden swamp postings of members such as Mr Toad.

Its all in good fun.

Actually Mr Toad lives in the grand Toad hall, and one expects he does share his opulent way of life with the ladies when meeting them for the first time, and most certainly would never dream of entertaining a real lady at an establishment so tacky and crass as MK/ Starbucks or god forbid McDonalds or KFC.

had an awesome night!

You got rejected. It happens..

Is Starbucks or MK a suitable place for a first date? Or should i open up a new thread?

How about a poll ?

"Is a farang who takes a young Thai lady to Starbucks or MK on their first date a Cheap Charlie ?"

Wouldnt be a bad idea at that. That might allow you to get your jollies bashing Starbucks and MK in another thread, and leave this thread to people who are reading to learn about online dating.

Just a thought.

Is Starbucks or MK a suitable place for a first date? Or should i open up a new thread?

How about a poll ?

"Is a farang who takes a young Thai lady to Starbucks or MK on their first date a Cheap Charlie ?"

I would just think he was dull.

(I consider Starbucks and MK as expensive places to go)

Although to be fair, I have some pals who use thaifriendly to get hookers, and they say you need to meet somewhere you can do a runner if the girl turns out to be a monster. Starbucks and MK fit the bill for that escape planning (especially if you can sit outside and watch the meeting place to see who turns up).

There are a few posts here from people who have met their GF on Thaifriendly and have success stories. I am happy for them, and I am happy as well with my GF.

Are you happy with the fact she hung herself out in cyberspace for all takers rather like a gogo girl in a bar?

She could just as easily be with any bloke with an internet connection than with you.

My first date with my missus was the old SOAS bar but once I'd broke away from my mates I took her up to Upper Street in Islington where I was playing that night.

Archived