Weapons Found At Deserted Chiang Rai Hotel, Army Says

Lite Beer

Weapons Found At Deserted Chiang Rai Hotel, Army Says

14015285981401528652l.jpg

By Khaosod Eng.

CHIANG RAI — The army says it uncovered a stash of military-grade weapons and ammunition at a deserted hotel in Chiang Rai province last night.

The Royal Thai army displayed the weapons in a press conference today.

Maj.Gen. Pattana Martmongkol said local authorities received reports of a potential arms stash in a deserted hotel in Phan district, and the army dispatched troops to inspect the area last night.

The soldiers noticed a collapsed ceiling in Room 13, and an extensive search in the attic above turned up numerous military-grade weapons and ammunition, Maj.Gen. Pattana said.

According to the military, the confiscated weapons include an M16 rifle, AK47 rifle, ammunition for an M60 machine gun, a grenade launcher, grenades, smoke bombs, and TNT devices.

Although the weapons appear to be "at least 15 years old,” all of the items are in good condition and could be used in combat, Maj.Gen. Pattana told reporters. He suggested that the owner of the weapons may have stashed them for a long time and decided to abandon the illegal items out of fear of a crackdown by the armed force following a coup d'etat on 22 May.

The military have made a number of raids over the past week uncovering weapons that allegedly belong to underground militant groups allied to the previous government.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1401528598&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-31

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The soldiers noticed a collapsed ceiling in Room 13, and an extensive search in the attic above turned up numerous military-grade weapons and ammunition, Maj.Gen. Pattana said.

Well, that was lucky. Could it be they're receiving tips?

• Like 1

I think interrogations of previous arrest will be turning up plenty of juicy stuff.

You know how much the Thais like to blabber.

• Like 2

on that subject - anyone know the whereabouts of our dear Charlerm, I may have missed his release from custody but don't remember seeing it

I read some were that he and his suns are still under arrest, sorry that I don´t remember were.

Wheres the photos of the guns?, just looks like photo of

bits scrap metal.

regards Worgeordie

why not call and ask them - you are seeing exactly the same as everyone else here unless you think you are being selectively excluded

• Like 2

on that subject - anyone know the whereabouts of our dear Charlerm, I may have missed his release from custody but don't remember seeing it

Maybe he is trying to sober up after loosing his money drinking and gambling while in detention.

• Like 1

I have been thinking the very same for days now.

He has gone over his 7 days detention now, and not a word has been uttered by anyone.

I have a feeling that he is in a grave situation. He is/was a very bad apple and I think most of the country were holding their breath for his fall.

Maybe Suthep beat him to death in custody smile.png

Or maybe ha has a lt to tell on Thaksin and his Clan, bet he regrets he didn´t beheaded him self.

• Like 1

I am surprised this one made it to TVF, but the weapons and 22 suspects caught in a hotel in Khon Kaen ( 100 meters from my house) the other day don't rate a mention yet that one had an org chart with the "dear leader" at the top of it.

This find however would no doubt be a red shirt 3rd hand cache being Chaing Rai which is a red shirt 3rd hand stronghold.

Good to see less weapons in UDD supporters hands. The majority want reconciliation. A fringe minority don't.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

He has gone over his 7 days detention now, and not a word has been uttered by anyone.

I have a feeling that he is in a grave situation. He is/was a very bad apple and I think most of the country were holding their breath for his fall.

Or maybe ha has a lt to tell on Thaksin and his Clan, bet he regrets he didn´t beheaded him self.

most of us thais are regretting it..

• Like 2

most of us thais are regretting it..

I know GTG, he and his sons is a bad breed can´t wait for them to end up in jail, hopfully for a long time.

I am surprised this one made it to TVF, but the weapons and 22 suspects caught in a hotel in Khon Kaen ( 100 meters from my house) the other day don't rate a mention yet that one had an org chart with the "dear leader" at the top of it.

This find however would no doubt be a red shirt 3rd hand cache being Chaing Rai which is a red shirt 3rd hand stronghold.

Good to see less weapons in UDD supporters hands. The majority want reconciliation. A fringe minority don't.

Ah-HAAA! I knew it. There is the North Korean connection right there!

And THAT is why there is no mention of it in the news yet....Far too sensitive.

Edited by Seastallion

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Tip offs are coming in from everywhere.coffee1.gif

I read some were that he and his suns are still under arrest, sorry that I don´t remember were.
Maybe he is in detox and his sons are helping him

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Those reds better start putting up Prayuth's poster. The hunting continues.

As in the red shirt cache and 22 arrested in Khon Kaen, it is not putting up posters. It is the majority "dobing in" the minority.

Like I said I live 100 metres from the hotel in question (it is on one of the two Khon Kaen lakes) and everyone knew what was going on in the hotel. Rest assured those people told the army.

The General wants reconciliation. The red shirt fanatical leaders have denounced division in the plea for reconciliation. 75% of the country support the coup and reconciliation.

Give up. Release your bitter view point and toxic thoughts that got the country into it's current predicament. Time to move on and forward or you will be left behind.

I give him credit for trying with the reconciliation. The scar is buried in their heart. Mark my words for it that it will be back to square one. Also, Thai economy will get worst.

75% of the country support coup? Seriously? It's probably the 1000 people Bangkok poll. Yes, you will get 75% all right.

Edited by stickyrice2000

Those reds better start putting up Prayuth's poster. The hunting continues.

As in the red shirt cache and 22 arrested in Khon Kaen, it is not putting up posters. It is the majority "dobing in" the minority.

Like I said I live 100 metres from the hotel in question (it is on one of the two Khon Kaen lakes) and everyone knew what was going on in the hotel. Rest assured those people told the army.

The General wants reconciliation. The red shirt fanatical leaders have denounced division in the plea for reconciliation. 75% of the country support the coup and reconciliation.

Give up. Release your bitter view point and toxic thoughts that got the country into it's current predicament. Time to move on and forward or you will be left behind.

BP tells about the 22 arrested in Khon Kaen, they have been to military court today.

Oh my, me and my husband stayed near there when we first came to Thailand and before we permanently settled in Phuket.

I am so glad we chose to settle in Phuket.

You can actually hire the yachts with an operator on that lake. Very relaxing and fun. Highly recommended.

Take care up there.

Edited by Rooo
Edited removed quotes & posts
  • Like 2