Fraser's

MZurf

Frasers gets the thumbs up from me. The pretentious lamb pita pockets were delicious.

The amount of moving & shaking I'll be doing there however may require a name change from Frasers to Parkinsons.

Unfortunately, I am starting to believe that the lamb pitas are the only thing worth getting. The hamburger did not impress and

the fishburger was not fully cooked.

It's really annoying and a little strange that many restaurants have no consistency. Oh well, it's still not a bad place for a beer but for dining

I think it may be no better than the competition down the road, at least on average.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I visited Frasers for breakfast out of curiosity. I didn't have high expectations in the context of being a sports pub like Shenanigans and Ogaras. There are 5 big screen tvs and a smaller one in each dining cubicle. The interior is basic and unpretentious unlike some of the competition. My breakfast (#2), 165 baht, was very good although I do prefer roast or country potatoes over the hash brown toaster patties. Free refills on tea or coffee. The ac and Wifi worked well. The Village People blaring away, Macho Man and YMCA, was a distraction. Overall a good experience and value.

post-9935-0-47562000-1401948404_thumb.jp

Edited by ThaiBob

Tried it out, but won't go back.

It's average, but I was really put off by a staff, one very bossy girl and tries/believes to be something she is not, looked like she is the boss there.

You can't go wrong during happy hour 4 to 8 pm . Pint of Heineken only 99 baht I like the atmosphere so its nice for a couple of beers. Not sure about the food but will try it out soon.

Edited by balo

Menu looks reasonable, prices reasonable. I am more of a shaker now than a mover, being up a tad in the years. I'll give them a try. Anyone try the pizza, and do they know how much the Thursday special "all you can eat" runs?

I tried the burger deal on Tuesday , 150 baht burger and fries. This is probably the best burger I had for a while, They were tasty , medium to well done as I like them. The fries were nothing special but overall good value for the money.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

Menu looks reasonable, prices reasonable. I am more of a shaker now than a mover, being up a tad in the years. I'll give them a try. Anyone try the pizza, and do they know how much the Thursday special "all you can eat" runs?

I tried Frasers for breakfast and the 165 baht medium was very good. Also impressed that you get free coffee refills (good coffee as well).

I think the Thursday ayce pizza is 250 baht. But you can get a whole pizza for 200-220 baht anyway so unless you have a big appetite not sure you need to wait until Thursday.

• 1 month later...

While I write this, Fraser's is still having a noisy party despite of complaints.

The morlam style "music" is blaring out at such levels that it can be heard inside condos that are 200m away (doors and windows shut).

Thank you Fraser's, you are distubing the whole neighborhood.

We definitely don't need bar music or morlam here, I'll certainly complain to the building owner.

While I write this, Fraser's is still having a noisy party despite of complaints.

The morlam style "music" is blaring out at such levels that it can be heard inside condos that are 200m away (doors and windows shut).

We definitely don't need bar music or morlam here, I'll certainly complain to the building owner.

karma (see post 33)

Let us know how the owner responds.

I'd like to try this place but won't support noise polluters.

• 5 months later...

I ate there last night and it was excellent. Calamari in bread crumb batter as a starter and the cod pie. The staff was polite and responsive. Prices were in my budget. What more can one expect? I'm going for breakfast this morning.

Nice strip of restaurants near each other and near my condo as well

For the uninitiated - who, what, where etc please

Above the News Cafe on Thappraya Road. Next door to Indian by Nature.

Seems to be a fairly boring and overpriced place in the style of the other nearby establishments. Should suit the pretentious "movers and shakers" brigade perfectly. When walking past yesterday I noticed another clone has popped up a door or two from there. Cant remember the name of that one.

KANDY

I have not been but I am a mover and shaker and want to mingle with a bunch of pretentious <deleted>, which night is best to meet them? I am a VIP and will need magazine photographers in attendance.

7 months, 44 posts and no JT review... facepalm.gif

British style pub food doesn't interest me much these days. I will probably visit when there one of their Wednesday specials catches my eye. I did go in there once ... I didn't really like the vibe but I can see why many would.

I only eat stuff I want to eat, unlike actual reviewers who eat stuff they don't want to eat just to tell people about it.

I used to comment a lot on different Fish and Chips places in town but I haven't had fried fish or chips for years now ... (health reasons).

Edited by Jingthing

7 months, 44 posts and no JT review... facepalm.gif

British style pub food doesn't interest me much these days. I will probably visit when there one of their Wednesday specials catches my eye. I did go in there once ... I didn't really like the vibe but I can see why many would.

I only eat stuff I want to eat, unlike actual reviewers who eat stuff they don't want to eat just to tell people about it.

I used to comment a lot on different Fish and Chips places in town but I haven't had fried fish or chips for years now ... (health reasons).

I would not describe Frasers as typical British pub food (it's Aussie). The menu has expanded since they first opened.

http://www.fraserspattaya.com/restaurant.html

OK, fine. To me Aussie pub food and British pub food are similar. I actually think their menu seems quite good. My personal lack of interest in most of what they offer is that most of it doesn't appear very healthy, as in worth the calories to me. Not only don't I want chips, I really don't want mashed potatoes either. No of course I don't only eat "healthy" food but when I don't I just prefer other types of food such as Indian. Enough about me! Back to Fraser's. Yes I will go someday. I also check their lunch specials there on Facebook but so far no bites.

Edited by Jingthing

Driving past Frasers a while back on a Wednesday and the daily special was Lamb Shank, so we pulled in for lunch. Don't miss it if it's available again, it was superb!. The steak special on Fridays is good too, we really enjoy the food there and it's one of the few places in town my Missus always orders Farang food. They also do home deliver locally.

I went there for breakfast this morning (jan 13) and watch my alma mater lose to Ohio State in championship game. Eventually they got the game on, on the patio (too cold inside for my taste). Comfortable seating, plenty of room. Said they don't serve til 9, fyi. Got the brekky, 125 baht.... I think don't give free coffee refills. Plus side give two hash brown wedges. Bacon and eggs done just fine, coffee good: no complaints on food.

Does not feel pretentious or any of that (I hate those places). Will be my choice for Super Bowl.... does not have that franchise vinyl feel like Shennanigans does. Thumbs up for good value for the money category, nice but not too nice surroundings.

I went there for breakfast this morning (jan 13) and watch my alma mater lose to Ohio State in championship game. Eventually they got the game on, on the patio (too cold inside for my taste). Comfortable seating, plenty of room. Said they don't serve til 9, fyi. Got the brekky, 125 baht.... I think don't give free coffee refills. Plus side give two hash brown wedges. Bacon and eggs done just fine, coffee good: no complaints on food.

Does not feel pretentious or any of that (I hate those places). Will be my choice for Super Bowl.... does not have that franchise vinyl feel like Shennanigans does. Thumbs up for good value for the money category, nice but not too nice surroundings.

The refills ended with the new menu awhile back. Best value for me is Sunday BBQ.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell us more about the Sunday BBQ please. How does it work, do you chose your meat and they cook it while you fix yourself up at a salad bar sort of thing?. What meats do they have. etc

Yes, there is buffet style cole slaw (usually excellent but last time ruined with onions), fresh bread, potato salad, green salad etc. Choise of meat include 2 beef steak cuts, chicken, beef patty, sausage, skewers including shrimp, pork chops and ribs & more. Very well done and full value for baht charged.

Place was pretty much full for Super Bowl this morning. Had the staff running from 6am to keep up.

Fraser's is my new favorite sport's bar now. The waitresses actually wait on you for the most part, the food is good and they have 2 for 1 drinks specials all day long.

Shenanigans was my last favorite but their food quality has gone downhill. The steak is no longer tender, it's chewy now and the wait staff stays away after serving you once for the most part now days, disappointing as I really like that place.

Fraser's has a steak special on Friday and it's excellent imho. Funny, I tried emailing Stewart @ Shenanigan's about their food quality issues and it came back as a bad email addy. Then I noticed Fraser's has a Stewart working there, wonder if there's a coincidence there?

Thursday all you can eat pizza rocks also.

Btw, I enjoyed the superbowl at Fraser's today and the placed rocked, breakfast buffet for 160 baht, free coffee, great service.

If sports bars and the associated food that goes with it isn't your thing then be forewarned, but this place is my go to place when looking for a good time with good food now.

. Funny, I tried emailing Stewart @ Shenanigan's about their food quality issues and it came back as a bad email addy. Then I noticed Fraser's has a Stewart working there, wonder if there's a coincidence there?

One in the same............that was his old email address his new one is [email protected] if memory serves me right......................

. Funny, I tried emailing Stewart @ Shenanigan's about their food quality issues and it came back as a bad email addy. Then I noticed Fraser's has a Stewart working there, wonder if there's a coincidence there?

One in the same............that was his old email address his new one is [email protected] if memory serves me right......................

[email protected] what i wrote above,,,,,,,,,,,coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4