How far is china boarder away from buriram?

Sandman77

Interesting.

I don't know how far FM can transmit, but in Australia we have a station 105.5 JJJ. Triple J transmits all over Australia, a distance much greater than China to Buriram anyway.

Not sure how it all works in if they use towers or whatever in seperate cities, they must, but this could explain how you are picking up a Chinese station. Maybe a nearby tower is receiving a signal.

So in the space of 30 minutes we've had from the OP the following threads.

ET comes to Issan lands in a garden in Surin.

How many visa exemptions can you have in one year.

And now this piffle.

You really need to get out more.

This is normal drivel for sadman77, he's skilled in the art of , um, re not sure what to call it without getting another suspension...

So in the space of 30 minutes we've had from the OP the following threads.

ET comes to Issan lands in a garden in Surin.

How many visa exemptions can you have in one year.

And now this piffle.

You really need to get out more.

This is normal drivel for sadman77, he's skilled in the art of , um, re not sure what to call it without getting another suspension...

Maybe someone could introduce "Sandman" to the concept of a map, ruler and scales....or even direct him to google earth...thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You received this Chinese station due to unusual propagation conditions that can cause VHF radio signals to be reflected off one of the layers in the atmosphere, enabling the signal to be received much further away than intended.

The hobby of receiving radio stations (either radio hams or broadcast stations) from a long distance is called 'DXing'.

If you have an old VHF TV, you can regularly receive TV channels from China, Vietnam etc.

• Like 2

Did the Chinese boarder go wandering off from Buriram and now OP is trying to find this person? Did the boarder not pay his lodging bill?

Can't believe it took 8 posts before someone bagged him about the spelling and made a joke about it. On a side note my pit bull really is different...... wish I could say the same about my bargirlwhistling.gif

Yes Iam realy interested in many thinks!

This whyy variety of questions is very high! The thaivisa board has done thing special!

That other expat boards not have, no matter what I ask, somewhere someone waiting that know the aswer no matter what it is!

And this make tv unique!

Nice book is the world radio and tv hand book!

How far the distance now?

Signal was only hear have hour then it disappears , like a fast train it goes away!

Interesting.

I don't know how far FM can transmit, but in Australia we have a station 105.5 JJJ. Triple J transmits all over Australia, a distance much greater than China to Buriram anyway.

Not sure how it all works in if they use towers or whatever in seperate cities, they must, but this could explain how you are picking up a Chinese station. Maybe a nearby tower is receiving a signal.

Of course they use different stations. FM is only good for 50-100 kms. Try going outside any populated area in Australia and see if you get any FM stations. Always wondered why less populated areas like WA and FN Queensland don't use the AM standard. Probably has to do with local ads in their programmes. But then again, Triple J doesn't have any ads. blink.png

Edited by wump

Are you sure it wasn't a Chinese Military signal? Maybe they are amassing forces forces close to Buriram searching for their boarder.

P.S. Civilian FM has a range of about 70 kms because Bangkok stations don't work in Pattaya and Pattaya stations don't work in Bangkok. Military doesn't use FM.

Edited by ATF

Did the Chinese boarder go wandering off from Buriram and now OP is trying to find this person? Did the boarder not pay his lodging bill?

The Chinese boarder was staying in Bangkok perhaps?

I listen long time done Chinese station are Khmer radios

But not all sometime also English

But the talk around the hot soup nothing , I don't know allready!

Some fm stations proberbly that one

In Australia also using same freqency nationwide with a big signal tower network !

Same it Italy fm signals are very strong

You have clear stereo reception

In a car of 130 km speed with a simple Walkman headphone cable

After around 20 km signal getting weaker but not long time!

You look out the window then you

See a signal tower near the road

And the same freqency come back with full power for the next 20 km!

Sending a signal fm over a distance of 500 km need signal power 2000 watt !

Would be a health risk , for people

Living near such kind of this monster power station!

You received this Chinese station due to unusual propagation conditions that can cause VHF radio signals to be reflected off one of the layers in the atmosphere, enabling the signal to be received much further away than intended.

The hobby of receiving radio stations (either radio hams or broadcast stations) from a long distance is called 'DXing'.

If you have an old VHF TV, you can regularly receive TV channels from China, Vietnam etc.

Just noticed this post. Are you the Simon that had a guest house in Phuket? If so, glad to see you made the move up here; or are you still in Little Russia!!??

This whyy variety of questions is very high! The thaivisa board has done thing special!

That other expat boards not have, no matter what I ask, somewhere someone waiting that know the aswer no matter what it is!

And this make tv unique!

Signal was only hear have hour then it disappears , like a fast train it goes away!

Hope you could shower again after one month and they stopped burning you to death. I Googled it and please feel free to enjoy TVF members kindness.

Would you please explain, where the missing 30 % of your relationship with your wife went to ? Might be worth to make a new thread, as many TVF members seem to be addicted to your stories now.

Please see map, the distance from Buri Ram to Yunnan is 1119.82 km, or 695.83 miles. I'm afraid you can't make the trip on your moped.

P.S. You'll have to type Buri Ram to....wherever you want in China and you'll see it.....

http://www.distancefromto.net/distance-from/Thailand/to/China

Edited by sirchai

And this make tv unique!

Hope you could shower again after one month and they stopped burning you to death. I Googled it and please feel free to enjoy TVF members kindness.

Would you please explain, where the missing 30 % of your relationship with your wife went to ? Might be worth to make a new thread, as many TVF members seem to be addicted to your stories now.

Please see map, the distance from Buri Ram to Yunnan is 1119.82 km, or 695.83 miles. I'm afraid you can't make the trip on your moped.

P.S. You'll have to type Buri Ram to....wherever you want in China and you'll see it.....

http://www.distancefromto.net/distance-from/Thailand/to/China

Sirchai. Your auto-complete function on you new keyboard has replaced the word "bored" with "addicted"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app