What do you think about china phones

myprcfrog

would not a china phone break easy ? would be heavy a lot heavier than a plastic phone.. what would be the advantage ?

My phone [mobile] is a Nokia very light and 410 baht..

Edited by ignis
  • Like 1

would not a china phone break easy ? would be heavy a lot heavier than a plastic phone.. what would be the advantage ?

My phone [mobile] is a Nokia very light and 410 baht..

I don't think he wants to call Jesus on the porcelain telephone.

The new Oppo Find 7 looks a good phone. I'm tempted to get that or the LG G3.

I bought, used and sold over 30 chinese phones. They are much better than chinese tablets in terms of quality and durability. Xiaomi is nice but also check thl and zopo brands. And dont forget lenovo!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the tips above. I'm now checking out those names, but of course there is an array of models for each brand - meaning confusion for a tech-fisted person like myself. So, when looking for a new phone, obviously you sit yourself down and have a good heart-to-heart about just what you need it for and what facilities it should have. I carry an iPad around with me, but I do not have a SIM card installed because I very rarely want to access the net while out. It's useful because of the amount of information I can access at certain times - dictionary, pix (when you want to explain something to a sales assistant, for example), to-do lists and so on. I also carry a standard mobile (pre-paid) which is now falling apart. To upgrade, I am thinking of something a little more advanced and I guess that steers me towards mobiles that are in the smart phone category - that would give me the phone capacity and those features of the iPad (see above) that I find most useful when out and about. But I'm really not interested in net access. So it's kind of like a phone with PDA. I want to stick with pre-paid (I make about one call a month on my mobile) unless there is no choice in the matter.

So, any pointers as to the style or make of phone that would suit? (Under 10k if possible.) I'm making progress in my own search of mobiles, but of course the wise man casts a wide net and seeks advice from everywhere. From other wise men like yourselves, of course.

(Why not buy another simple phone and just keep using the iPad? It's a more visible target for thieves - I've already had one snatch attempt - and sometimes it's cumbersome/bulky with both iPad and phone.)

I poked around a little bit at "geekbuying" and "chinavasion".

For me it seems, that they offer almost only cheap "Mediatek SoC" powered phones (like most I-Mobile phones).

For me a no go, since MTK is well known for NOT providing upgrades to a higher Android Version. (SoC drivers).

With a little bit luck, you may find some custom firmwares at xda-developers, but if not, you will stick with an Android version, which was already outdated at

the time of purchase.
That's the reason, why I would never buy an I-Mobile with MTK chip again.
(IQ1 from end 2012 and still ICS 4.0)

MTK offers OS upgrades, Phone makers don't release new OS roms thats why.

Needrom.com contains lots of custom and official rom updates.

Lenovo S650 / P780 has Android 4.4.2 for example.

For 10K baht, you can buy Xiaomi Mi3 from Aobmobile or directly from china. It is high end model with Snapdragon 800 cpu.

If you want cheaper, Zopo ZP980+ or THL T11 good choice.

If you want big battery, Lenovo P780 is about 200 usd in China (free shipping)

Lenovo S650 / P780 has Android 4.4.2 for example

Lenovo S650 and p780

are sold with Android JB 4.2 (and MTK chipset)

NOT Kitkat.

4.2 has been released Dec. 2012

I don't know, if there are any official Kitkat (not custom) Firmwares available.

But I highly doubt it....

But nothing wrong with that, if you don't care about Updates, the phones will work with 4.2 too wink.png.

I didn't check the other two mentioned phones, but as always in life:

You get what you pay for.

Edited by Turkleton

Lenovo S650 / P780 has Android 4.4.2 for example

Lenovo S650 and p780

are sold with Android JB 4.2 (and MTK chipset)

NOT Kitkat.

4.2 has been released Dec. 2012

I don't know, if there are any official Kitkat (not custom) Firmwares available.

But I highly doubt it....

But nothing wrong with that, if you don't care about Updates, the phones will work with 4.2 too wink.png.

I didn't check the other two mentioned phones, but as always in life:

You get what you pay for.

They are not the newest phones and yes they ship with 4.2 but now 4.4.2 is available, officially.

Check needrom.com

Soon, other mobile phones will receive 4.4.2 update if manufacturer is a known brand. I doubt imobile will bother to release new roms for older devices, they'll keep selling new models.

as if google arent spying on everyone who uses android anyway lol

Utter nonsense in this context...

Do THEY (Google) have criminal intentions?

Do THEY (Google), send Premium SMS's from your phone?

Do THEY (Google), go shopping with your Credit Card data, or sell them to other criminals?

Or do THEY (Google), log every key press when you use your Online-banking app, to hack your banking account?

YES, NO?

But all this is possible with this trojan.

Edited by Turkleton