What animals have appeared unannounced in your car?

backstairs

So there I was, driving at sunset to Nai Thon to look at the waves. When I felt a presence. No one in the back. Then I saw it. The face of a gecko staring at me from one of the air-con grills on the dashboard. We pulled over because a smell had arrived too. My companion got a leaf and stick. She extracted the dead gecko with some precision. It was a chilling experience. What creatures big or small have arrived while you were driving?

Not me, but a neighbour yesterday left a door open when on a building site and spotted a small snake disappearing into the car.

Left it with the doors open for quite awhile, but the thing never exited, so drove home very gingerly.

Thai wife liberally gassed the car with some sort of insect spray until a very groggy snake came out only to be despatched without compunction.

I didn't see it, but from the description it sounded like the unfortunate reptile was just a harmless tree snake.

Not a car, but once on my Honda Click. You know those little pigeon holes you can stuff a bottle or sunglasses in? One day, I was riding along, looked down and saw a large brown spider looking up at me. I calmly slowed down, and just as I was about to pull-over he/she leaped out at me.

• Like 1

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

A great thread. We were on our way from Sisaket to Ubon, when we heard something behind the driver's seat. Good that my wife had our camera in her handbag and we could shoot a photograph of that animal

It must have crawled, or flew in at a gas station in Kantharalom. Has anybody seen such an animal before? You can visit it at the Sisaket zoo now. They said that it usually lives in the forest near the Cambodian border.

They pronounced it similar to "wolpertinger", or so.

post-108180-0-22003000-1402907405_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

A great thread. We were on our way from Sisaket to Ubon, when we heard something behind the driver's seat. Good that my wife had our camera in her handbag and we could shoot a photograph of that animal

It must have crawled, or flew in at a gas station in Kantharalom. Has anybody seen such an animal before? You can visit it at the Sisaket zoo now. They sad it usually lives in the forest near the Cambodian border.

Hey sirchai,

You must have been dreaming........

Bavarian folklore tells of the wolpertinger (also called wolperdinger, poontinger or woiperdinger), a mythological hybrid animal allegedly inhabiting the alpine forests of Bavaria in Germany.

• Like 1

It must have crawled, or flew in at a gas station in Kantharalom. Has anybody seen such an animal before? You can visit it at the Sisaket zoo now. They sad it usually lives in the forest near the Cambodian border.

Hey sirchai,

You must have been dreaming........

Bavarian folklore tells of the wolpertinger (also called wolperdinger, poontinger or woiperdinger), a mythological hybrid animal allegedly inhabiting the alpine forests of Bavaria in Germany.

Does that mean that these animals can fly about 10,000 km,? Heard about Hybrid cars, but had no idea that animals also developed such phenomenal techniques.

Thanks for letting me know where that thing actually comes from.

• Like 1

I got in my Dmax one morning, started it up and the smell from the air con was terrible. Turned out there were two dead mice somewhere in the system, so the dealer had to flush the whole lot out. In the end it cost me 2000฿ to have it sorted.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

These regularly appear in your car in Australia. Scare the hell out of you when you flip down the sun visor and they land in your lap. Otherwise reasonably harmless

Huntsman spider, in rural areas they like to hunt for prey inside the house at night

a bit of a shock when one runs over your face when you are in bed

These regularly appear in your car in Australia. Scare the hell out of you when you flip down the sun visor and they land in your lap. Otherwise reasonably harmless

harmless.... i would shit myself if that happen.

constant visitors in my car are moskitos and ants after the missus had some fruits

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Huntsman spider, in rural areas they like to hunt for prey inside the house at night

a bit of a shock when one runs over your face when you are in bed

In city areas as well, although when we were living in Sydney I had to convince my Thai wife not to beat them to death with a broom on sight. They do like to eat the mozzies.

Not a car, but once on my Honda Click. You know those little pigeon holes you can stuff a bottle or sunglasses in? One day, I was riding along, looked down and saw a large brown spider looking up at me. I calmly slowed down, and just as I was about to pull-over he/she leaped out at me.

I can only hope that your death was quick and painless.

• Like 1

It must have crawled, or flew in at a gas station in Kantharalom. Has anybody seen such an animal before? You can visit it at the Sisaket zoo now. They said that it usually lives in the forest near the Cambodian border.

Nice try.......

Yeah, called a Huntsman spider sometimes fall from the ceiling onto your bed. I Throw them outside, there worth having around to eat other crawlies you don't like in your house.

Announced or unannounced, my dog chewed off the front wing and radiator of my car to get at what was most probably a snake or rat. My severe face losing experience was when I tried to capture a large spider while driving and finished up hitting a lamppost. The worst animal I had in my car was the P**s artist from my local pub!!!w00t.gif

Not me, but a neighbour yesterday left a door open when on a building site and spotted a small snake disappearing into the car.

Left it with the doors open for quite awhile, but the thing never exited, so drove home very gingerly.

Thai wife liberally gassed the car with some sort of insect spray until a very groggy snake came out only to be despatched without compunction.

I didn't see it, but from the description it sounded like the unfortunate reptile was just a harmless tree snake.

We had a rat get into our car, it took eight mechanics almost all day to strip everything out of the car as the rat got into the door frame. It also had five young ones, these fell out from under the dash and landed on my wife's feet, fortunately I was driving. We now have a car with every vent covered by expamet grills. Brilliant job done by Toyota.