Thai campaign to stop violation of non-smoking zones

webfact

What annoys me is the people who sit outside of Starbucks, don't buy a drink, but do smoke and drop their ash on the ground. I'd like to these scum buckets fined 2000 baht. And by the way, they are always foreigners, I've so far not seen one Thai do this.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Can I ask, why this annoys you much.

I fear u might be over reacting a little.

First, I don't like cigarette smoke blowing in my face. Second, I don't like people who sit at tables and chairs belonging to a business without buying a drink. It's just disrespectful. If it was my business I would kick them out. The combination of the two is especially annoying. And if somebody does insist on sitting down for a smoke in a non smoking area without buying a drink then at least have some consideration for other people there.

Read your post. You moaned about ash on the floor..... Not smoke in your face.

Let's make it simple for you....I don't like either....I don't like people flicking ash near me and I also don't like their smoke...if you want to know how much I don't like it then sit next to me and light up and you'll find out when you discover which of your orifices I stuff your cigarette up....and if there are other things I don't like about people who smoke near me in non smoking cafés then you might find out at that time....

Like I said, calm down.

I quit 6 months ago, but smoking in designated areas is OK. If its not designated its not.

I wouldn't sweat cigarette smoke too much if you are sitting in most Thai cities outside a Starbucks. The pollution is shocking.

Since there is a app which you can upload picture of smoking violation, I would suggest that an additional law is passed to fine the estabishment for failing to enforce the smoking ban if picture uploaded was happening inside their estabishment, this would definately make business owner or management more actively enforcing the smoking ban in these area.

And it would make the owner of competing business next door pop up for a fag & selfie every 15 mins biggrin.png

On the positive side, those in the security guard business will have more customer. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

What annoys me is the people who sit outside of Starbucks, don't buy a drink, but do smoke and drop their ash on the ground. I'd like to these scum buckets fined 2000 baht. And by the way, they are always foreigners, I've so far not seen one Thai do this.

Can I ask, why this annoys you much.

I fear u might be over reacting a little.

If you already have an idea about his over reaction, why the hell do you ask? Just want to start an argument, don't you?
You are worried about ash on the floor in a country like Thailand which is literally littered with litter.

Of all the issues around smoking, ash on the floor is a relatively new one on me. As for people not buying a drink, are you a Starbucks franchisee or something?

You have quoted me for what? I don't get it, maybe an error...