England are out, who are you hoping to win World Cup 2014

Kan Win

Since I had a bet on Chile (not in Thailand of course as this is a Buddhist country and they don't gamble) I'd rather like to collect on that.

Otherwise I want to see the team that plays the best football win, which doesn't often happen.

Edited by bigbamboo

Since I had a bet on Chile (not in Thailand of course as this is a Buddhist country and they don't gamble) I'd rather like to collect on that.

Otherwise I want to see the team that plays the best football win, which doesn't often happen.

before I read the post above, I was also going to mention Chile.

There's no standout team to be honest. All of them are very flawed, mostly dodgy defences (e.g.Germany) and strange tactics (e.g.Argentina). The most complete team are probably Brazil but they leave me cold, they are a joyless bunch.

If they qualify from their group I'd like Ghana to win. Mainly to be put right the injustice of four years ago in SA and also they play a good attractive brand of football.

• Like 1

I was going for Netherlands, and still will, but Costa Rica, as no-hopers at the start, have captured my attention. Of course, being a Scot, I'm always for the underdog! Fingers crossed they beat England! cheesy.gif

I was going for Netherlands, and still will, but Costa Rica, as no-hopers at the start, have captured my attention. Of course, being a Scot, I'm always for the underdog! Fingers crossed they beat England! cheesy.gif

I thought you said you are always for the underdog!

I thought you said you are always for the underdog!

There are limitations to every rule smile.png

I'd love Greece to win it after the fantastic gesture by samaras and the Greek team in offering this wee kid with Down's syndrome the chance to come to Brazil and watch their next game see below link (if I can post it)

But being realistic I think the winners will come from Germany, Netherlands or possibly Colombia

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A new winner - Holland or Costa Rica or Mexico.

Amusing that all the hype over many world cups about 'emerging nations' and what we are seeing are 'traditional nations' who are getting very close to being the best.

Remember that France and Spain had a long tradition of football before they actually won the world cup.