pattaya information

patrick12

Hi folks,

I am moving to teach at a small school in NongPrue, Banglamung, North east of Pattaya with my wife. I would greatly appreciate

any information with regards to renting a one-bedroom apartment or a small house near the Mab Prachan Reservoir(lake). I have

a budget between 8,000 baht - 12,000 baht.

Thanks,

Patrick

There is masses of rental property available in Pattaya and the surrounding area.

Dont assume that asking prices bear any relation at all to what the place is really worth and dont be afraid to make a very low offer. Agents may inflate the price hugely so try driving around to see what you can find on your own.

Dont pay too much up-front. Try and make sure that the person who says he is the landlord does actually own the place.

Always get a proper receipt and a contract. Dont be afraid to rewrite the contract to suit yourself rather than to suit the landlord, notably in relation to responsibility for breakages etc.

Make sure that everything is as you want it in the house before you move in or pay over any money at all. Don't believe anyone who says "I'll fix it next week". Dont believe anyone generally, in fact.

Make sure you are paying government rates for electricity, preferably direct to the PEA or at a 7/11. Dont overpay for water either. Check the meters before you move in.

• Like 1

Kitty's advice is all very good. At that price range, you won't be using an agent as they mostly deal in higher end rentals. There should be no problem finding a place around the lake; the best strategy is to find an area you like and just drive around. You will see many places with signs advertising for sale or rent. Even the for sales you should contact if you like the house as they may rent it as well. At that price range, even way out there, you're going to be looking at something pretty small and basic but should be doable. If you don't mind a small condo a little bit away, the new CC Condos on SSCC road just opposite the Wannisan Farm area is brand new, located in an area of shops, local market, and restos and units should be renting in the price range you're looking for.

• Like 1

Seen a few adverts yesterday on the notice board at big c extra on pattaya klang

in the area you are looking prices. 6000 - 12000 some nice looking places

the notice board outside foodland also on pattya klang will have them as well.