Quickest cheapest way to get airport

2008bangkok

Does anybody know the quickest way to get to the main airport . I know the bus from air con terminal goes but do the mini vans go also of so what time does it take.

Worst case scenario I'll take a taxi at 1200 but if i can save myself 1000 baht and only a extra 30 mins or so ill do that.

Thanks

Any form of shared transport is going to take a lot more time, buses run to fixed time tables which are not normally convenient, also getting to the bus station in plenty of time, you can be half way to the airport before the bus starts to move.

Oh come on! This topic, with good replies, has been posted many times. Do a bit of searching on ThaiVisa mate.

Jeez man by the time you wrote that you could of just answers and them we would have a more relevant post rather than the only one I candid from 2008

But it wouldn't have been half as much fun as rubbishing your post...........................coffee1.gif

Answer-------------

MR T

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/624840-mr-t-taxi/

Edited by sanuk711

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh come on! This topic, with good replies, has been posted many times. Do a bit of searching on ThaiVisa mate.

It is QUITE ridiculous the number of post that are repeated almost everyday on this site....I am in total agreement with you. I have no idea why the site "re-post" the same topics over and over again. It certainly takes away integrity and "freshness" to the site....but that how some bureaucracies like it. Oh the shame.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is QUITE ridiculous the number of post that are repeated almost everyday on this site....I am in total agreement with you. I have no idea why the site "re-post" the same topics over and over again. It certainly takes away integrity and "freshness" to the site....but that how some bureaucracies like it. Oh the shame.

OK Josh, but... why don't you just click to the next post ? It would take less time than writing this rant of yours, and I must say.... It is QUITE ridiculous the number of useless rants that are repeated almost everyday on this site

• Like 2

Quickest cheapest way to get airport

The words "cheap and quick" cannot go hand in hand when applied to transport. However, in Pattaya they can be applied to the ladies on Beach road.

If you want quick....cough up the cash and get a taxi.

Wrong, taxi's is the worst transport in Thailand, it's no place in the trunk for more than a small bag. The driver will try to ripp you off and if you not accept his price be ready to get insulted before he leave. A limousine on the other hand is the best way to the airport. I have used the bus from Jomtien a few times and it's fast and comfortable.

The Cheapest and the best and the most scenic but not the fastest ( but nobody is in a rush ) is the Train from BKK's Hua Lampong station to Pattaya ( Monday to Friday ) departs at around 07.00 at a reasonable cost of only 31 Baht.If it was me i would catch the shuttle bus to Don Muang airport and catch the train straight into Hua Lampong for about 12 baht.so total cost will be 43 baht.

Don't use the roads as there are now so many accidents and are dangerous! for only 43 Baht you can sit back open the window and get " The Wind In Your Hair " - " fabulous!!!!!

farang jaidee x

• Like 2

Jeez man by the time you wrote that you could of just answers and them we would have a more relevant post rather than the only one I candid from 2008

Don't take any notice man. There are lots of good (sometimes even brilliant) posts on this forum, but it is also plagued by a lot of nasty grumpy fools who are interested in nothing but ranting, scolding others, and revelling in the nectar of anonymity.

The best is for you to get to Jomtien, opposite Pan Pan restaurant, where Roonreuang coaches have a little terminal. Their coaches go directly to Suwarnabumi airport every hour on the hour, it takes 1h30' approximately and costs 134 baht. If you have a plane to catch it's advisable (and possible) to buy your ticket one day in advance, but at the moment the coaches are not full.

Bon voyage.

1h30' is definitely NOT enough, 2h is the minimum for the bus. 1:30 is for a taxi doing 110km/h average, bus will never do that. AND with the bus, you need to get to the bus station first, using 1-2 Baht busses with your bags (which will make the people like you) which adds to the cost... and on weekends and in evenings, the bus will be stuck another 30min on either pattaya 2nd or on Suk...

Belltravel would be an option to Roonreuang, they are more expensive but pick you up at your hotel, if it is within their service range.

But for me... ONLY taxi and as mentioned above, Mr. T is very reliable, but you hotel might have other options for you. I rather go safe, fast, hassle free and door-to-door and pay for that, cheap is not my option for going to the airport (or coming from there).

Bell Travel Service is OK. Pick you up in a van and transfer you to a bus direct to Swampy. About B250. You can book without payment on their website. I think they go every couple of hours. Google it.

Edited by Baan Buakao

The Cheapest and the best and the most scenic but not the fastest ( but nobody is in a rush ) is the Train from BKK's Hua Lampong station to Pattaya ( Monday to Friday ) departs at around 07.00 at a reasonable cost of only 31 Baht.If it was me i would catch the shuttle bus to Don Muang airport and catch the train straight into Hua Lampong for about 12 baht.so total cost will be 43 baht.

Don't use the roads as there are now so many accidents and are dangerous! for only 43 Baht you can sit back open the window and get " The Wind In Your Hair " - " fabulous!!!!!

farang jaidee x

are you claiming the trains are safe ?????????

• Like 1

farang jaidee x

are you claiming the trains are safe ?????????

Well i only travel by train in Thailand.I find the roads " dangerous and boring " so much more of an adventure by train and the scenery from Bangkok to Pattaya is fab! No the trains are not 100 percent safe but a lot safer than the buses!!!! Oh and much cheaper too!

Does anybody know the quickest way to get to the main airport . I know the bus from air con terminal goes but do the mini vans go also of so what time does it take.

Worst case scenario I'll take a taxi at 1200 but if i can save myself 1000 baht and only a extra 30 mins or so ill do that.

Thanks

The cheapest, safest and most often the quickest way is to take the bus from Jomtien bus station to the airport. It will cost you 134 baht and it goes directly to the airport . Normally you will get there within 2 hours if not too much traffic. The bus leaves Jomtien every hour until 9 pm.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If ur in Pattaya area, Bells Bus, 250 bt includes collect u from nominated hotels takes u to Pattaya nth bus station then on to swampy.., safer than taxi or mini van takes about 1/1/2hrs leaves reguarly during the day starts about 6am every 2 hrs till 7pm ..wai2.gif .

You can go with Bell at a cost of 200 Bahts, they pick you up at you address or there is a bus that leaves from Jomtien for 134 Bahts, takes about 1 1/2 hr, pretty good if you ask me.

biggrin.png The bus (134 bahts) that leaves from Jomtien is the one I was referring to in my first post and I also said it takes 1h30' but our Swiss1960 friend here claims that no no no, it takes 2 hours, lol. Maybe the front and the back of the bus don't run at the same speed ? Or could it be that Swiss people are just a little bit slower, as per their reputation ? whistling.gif

Dunno, but I've been taking that bus ever since it started operating and on 95% of the rides the drive time was 1h30' (often closer to 1h20' actually) with of course, exceptions when the road is very crowded (especially on weekends). At the moment (low season plus political situation) the road is not crowded.

Edited by Yann55

You can go with Bell at a cost of 200 Bahts, they pick you up at you address or there is a bus that leaves from Jomtien for 134 Bahts, takes about 1 1/2 hr, pretty good if you ask me.

biggrin.png The bus (134 bahts) that leaves from Jomtien is the one I was referring to in my first post and I also said it takes 1h30' but our Swiss1960 friend here claims that no no no, it takes 2 hours, lol. Maybe the front and the back of the bus don't run at the same speed ? Or could it be that Swiss people are just a little bit slower, as per their reputation ? whistling.gif

Dunno, but I've been taking that bus ever since it started operating and on 95% of the rides the drive time was 1h30' (often closer to 1h20' actually) with of course, exceptions when the road is very crowded (especially on weekends). At the moment (low season plus political situation) the road is not crowded.

You are right about the time as I have taken it many times, it is only 125km from the bus terminal to the airport. As you said, if it is crowded it takes a little bit longer, but in my case, so far, so good. (1 1/2hrs max)

Don't take any notice man. There are lots of good (sometimes even brilliant) posts on this forum, but it is also plagued by a lot of nasty grumpy fools who are interested in nothing but ranting, scolding others, and revelling in the nectar of anonymity.

The best is for you to get to Jomtien, opposite Pan Pan restaurant, where Roonreuang coaches have a little terminal. Their coaches go directly to Suwarnabumi airport every hour on the hour, it takes 1h30' approximately and costs 134 baht. If you have a plane to catch it's advisable (and possible) to buy your ticket one day in advance, but at the moment the coaches are not full.

Bon voyage.

Or Pattaya Nua Bus Terminal.

Take a minivan from Pattaya Tai.

They run every 1/2 hour, are cheap ( 120 Bht ) , only take about 50 minutes, and have air con.

A major issue you may find with using them, is they may not arrive at the airport, and you may find yourself taking the final flight of your life.