Head scratcher

dave_boo

So...the trusty old Airblade came back from an overhaul. New carb and plastics mostly. However it is very hard to start. It also idles low leading me to think perhaps the low idle circuit needs adjustment. Cracking the throttle helps some times when starting.

The interesting thing is that putting it up on the centre stand and kick starting it has it purr to life. And the idle seems to be good then. And it's super easy, 6 year old daughter can kick start it first time.

So it makes me wonder if it's actually the battery. If anyone has any idea before I try to change that out I would like to hear them.

Batteries can go on almost no notice, for 400ish I would exchange it for a new one after your kinda use

I have been scammed by kawasaki into buying new batteries at 1900 per time but I can't tell you the details because it would be illegal to criticise their biz under Thai law

Pit it this way, I sent a bike in a brand new battery to get fixed fairing from a collision

When collect it it can't start, only solution! 1900 for a new

This happened twice

After that I said those Xxxxxxxxxx will never touch my bike again and I will Emsil Japan to let them know how they are being represented in thailand ymmv

Batteries can go on almost no notice, for 400ish I would exchange it for a new one after your kinda use

I have been scammed by kawasaki into buying new batteries at 1900 per time but I can't tell you the details because it would be illegal to criticise their biz under Thai law

Pit it this way, I sent a bike in a brand new battery to get fixed fairing from a collision

When collect it it can't start, only solution! 1900 for a new

This happened twice

After that I said those Xxxxxxxxxx will never touch my bike again and I will Emsil Japan to let them know how they are being represented in thailand ymmv

Hear, hear.

Gas getting syphoned off and good parts swapped for bad parts... Sorry it's happened to you, too!