Central |Through Way Mess?

RawaiPlaBoyz

Photos as of this afternoon from the pedestrian overpass, one looking north towards Tesco, the other looking south.

Preparation for roadworks underway...

attachicon.gifCentral Roadworks - North.jpg

attachicon.gifCentral Roadworks - South.jpg

Pic looking North clearly showing all the drains that many posters were trying to say were 'lacking' in the project earlier in the construction...also see but not so clearly in other pic...

Drains that drain the water to where? It's now the lowest point of land.

There must be pumps. Same question. Where is the water pumped to?

Just a guess, but I think the newly constructed small building on the NW corner is a power/pump house. Where the water is going?……I have no idea.

Edited by Shot

I think it would be only reasonable that an engineer from the project posts on this forum to discuss their plans for water removal from the tunnel. Accompanying drawings would most helpful.

After all, it was the posters here who initially brought attention to this serious oversight by the constructors.

• Like 1

I think it would be only reasonable that an engineer from the project posts on this forum to discuss their plans for water removal from the tunnel. Accompanying drawings would most helpful.

After all, it was the posters here who initially brought attention to this serious oversight by the constructors.

What, pray tell is the ''serious oversight'' brought to the attention by posters on TV?..wai.gif

• Like 1

I hope it wasn't the proper pump but a short time ago water was being pumped onto the road on the southeast side. They wouldn't do this after completion, would they?

I have seen water being pumped out of there a few times through a blue hose so surely what you are seeing is temporary to enable work to continue. Permanent pumps will not have been installed yet along with all other electrical fittings. The concrete work is not even finished yet & whatever drains are in place are most likely filled with construction debris which seems to be a common factor on every construction site here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hope that the pumps have backup power for the inevitable power failures.

Wow, didn't expect to be proven correct so soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazing. Geniuses never thought about having generators for power outages.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-blackout-leaves-underpass-underwater/33690#ad-image-0

• Like 1

Amazing. Geniuses never thought about having generators for power outages.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-blackout-leaves-underpass-underwater/33690#ad-image-0

Not really amazing. I never expected any back-up power supply, and anyway I doubt the pumps will be tested in the long dry season. First rain and I don't expect the pumps to run through lack of maintenance.

• Like 1

You're right LIK, amazing was tongue in cheek, but there definitely should be some back up power as Phuket isn't known to have the most stable electric supply, especially when storming. I thought this ItalThai or whatever the company is was supposed to be on top of their game.

• Like 1

You're right LIK, amazing was tongue in cheek, but there definitely should be some back up power as Phuket isn't known to have the most stable electric supply, especially when storming. I thought this ItalThai or whatever the company is was supposed to be on top of their game.

LOL! They were the company that built Suvarnabhumi Airport! Great job, eh?