'MacGyver' meets his match: Burst water pipe forces Qantas plane to turn back to LA

webfact

If it ain't a Boeing, I ain't going.... :-)

But in all fairness, I think Boeing also sources aircraft components from China

Chinese companies named sole supplier for some Boeing 787 parts 15:07, September 06, 2010 icon_41.gificon_42.gif icon_43.gif Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum icon_44.gif

As the backbone of China's aviation manufacturing industry, Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC), AVIC Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Group and Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation (HAMC) now have become the sole suppliers of certain parts of the Boeing 787 project. This is the first time Boeing has chosen Chinese partners as the sole supplier.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90778/90860/7131058.html

The entire concept of flying a large passenger aircraft with a Nintendo stick, does it for me.

I like two hands holding onto the controls as the passengers and crew scream alike wink.png

Nearly all new large planes both Boeing and Airbus are "fly-by-wire', so whether Joystick (Airbus) or Stick (Boeing) is completely irrelevant as there is no difference between the two....both have zero physical connections between the controls and flight surfaces.

Agree, but in the case of the AF 447 Rio-Paris flight the junior co-pilot wrongly kept pulling on the joy stick after the more senior co-pilot took over and was pushing on his joy stick with no effects. A conventional Boeing stick would have shown the junior co-pilot mistake and may-be avoid the crash. Airbus has made modifications since to avoid this to happen again.

If it ain't a Boeing, I ain't going.... :-)

But in all fairness, I think Boeing also sources aircraft components from China

Chinese companies named sole supplier for some Boeing 787 parts 15:07, September 06, 2010 icon_41.gificon_42.gif icon_43.gif Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum icon_44.gif

As the backbone of China's aviation manufacturing industry, Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC), AVIC Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Group and Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation (HAMC) now have become the sole suppliers of certain parts of the Boeing 787 project. This is the first time Boeing has chosen Chinese partners as the sole supplier.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90778/90860/7131058.html

The entire concept of flying a large passenger aircraft with a Nintendo stick, does it for me.

I like two hands holding onto the controls as the passengers and crew scream alike wink.png

Nearly all new large planes both Boeing and Airbus are "fly-by-wire', so whether Joystick (Airbus) or Stick (Boeing) is completely irrelevant as there is no difference between the two....both have zero physical connections between the controls and flight surfaces.

Thanks for the flying lesson Captain. Now please go back and read what I said. I simply said that I like to hang on with both hands. Many moons ago, I was actually a glorified bus driver and we use to fly them ourselves. These days there is an over reliance on automation and thats not a good thing imo.

Anyhow, the first time I get myself into the seat of an Airbus I will send you a PM and you can give me instructions then, if you tell me now, Im bound to forget.

Edited by neverdie

Thanks for the flying lesson Captain. Now please go back and read what I said. I simply said that I like to hang on with both hands. Many moons ago, I was actually a glorified bus driver and we use to fly them ourselves. These days there is an over reliance on automation and thats not a good thing imo.

Anyhow, the first time I get myself into the seat of an Airbus I will send you a PM and you can give me instructions then, if you tell me now, Im bound to forget.

Admit it neverdie....if you got in a DCH1 Chipmunk you wouldn't know which hand to use.

Admit it neverdie....if you got in a DCH1 Chipmunk you wouldn't know which hand to use.

Oooo, an oldie but a goodie. Its funny you should mention one of those Harry, I was talking to an old guy the other day athat learnt to fly in one of those, we were talking about his old airforce days, interesting man.

I love old aircrafts and at least back in the good old days the boys use to know how to pedal them, none of this Ohh my god! the auto pilots out and we're all gonna die stuff......it was airmanship, airmanship, airmanship & a cold beeer at the end of the day, or three ;)

You must remember some classics Harry, you probably even remember the maiden flight by the wright bros. Didnt have to worry about the showers leaking back in those days. 55555

• Like 1

Oooo, an oldie but a goodie. Its funny you should mention one of those Harry, I was talking to an old guy the other day athat learnt to fly in one of those, we were talking about his old airforce days, interesting man.

I love old aircrafts and at least back in the good old days the boys use to know how to pedal them, none of this Ohh my god! the auto pilots out and we're all gonna die stuff......it was airmanship, airmanship, airmanship & a cold beeer at the end of the day, or three wink.png

You must remember some classics Harry, you probably even remember the maiden flight by the wright bros. Didnt have to worry about the showers leaking back in those days. 55555

First plane I flew was a Chippie.

In the days of the Wright brothers we just took soap with us and hoped the sky would open up.

Maybe you would prefer the Victa AirTourer....it had a stick in the middle so two could share.

Maybe you would prefer the Victa AirTourer....it had a stick in the middle so two could share.

First powered aircraft I flew....the plastic parrot given its livery then (RAAF CT-4)..

Nice...looks a lot like the Victa which was a dream for aerobatics.The Victa gad only one control stick.post-64834-0-65838500-1404464394_thumb.j

Edited by harrry