Pussy cat bar

terminatorchiangmai

June is indeed a quiet month, but lately the young tourists have arrived , making the old city a bit busier, especially during World Cup games. The night bazaar is also getting busier so things are slowly returning to normal. Loi Kroh is still quiet, but I don't think it's ever that busy, even in the high season.

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The entertainment business in CM has been badly hit in both Thai and foreigner sectors.

I have a friend from Oz that has a regular "gf" who worked in Cherry Bar LK, she has returned to her farm in CR due to lack of customers in CM, but returns for a few days to see "regulars"

BeLive night club in MeaJo burnt down earlier this week, no customers.

The MaeJo bar complex for Thai students (behind RuamChok market), last year 10 bars, they have all closed over the last year, most have been knocked down and replaced by a Burmese migrant worker camp. Most of the shophouse business in the same area have also closed.

Normal Thais just don't have money to spend on entertainment any more, the venues are all closing.

LK is a ghost town compared to it's glory days.

Only the Niman area seems immune to the economic downturn.

Nimmanhamin is indeed lively, with many attractive young women. However if any of them are pro's (I'm sure a few are) they are discreet about it, and whether you're looking for a pro or a 'good girl', on Nimmanhamin you need to be able to speak Thai. If there are any farang-friendly take-away bars on Nimmanhamin they are well kept secrets.

Of course if you just want to have a meal and drinks while looking at nice eye-candy, Nimmanhamin is a good place for it..

• Like 2

The entertainment business in CM has been badly hit in both Thai and foreigner sectors.

I have a friend from Oz that has a regular "gf" who worked in Cherry Bar LK, she has returned to her farm in CR due to lack of customers in CM, but returns for a few days to see "regulars"

BeLive night club in MeaJo burnt down earlier this week, no customers.

The MaeJo bar complex for Thai students (behind RuamChok market), last year 10 bars, they have all closed over the last year, most have been knocked down and replaced by a Burmese migrant worker camp. Most of the shophouse business in the same area have also closed.

Normal Thais just don't have money to spend on entertainment any more, the venues are all closing.

LK is a ghost town compared to it's glory days.

Only the Niman area seems immune to the economic downturn.

Yeah sure they don't. That's why there's still a million bars around town and most of them are full every night.

The original thread focused on running a bar rather than on the bar itself. It is common knowledge that nearly all these bars operate in a similar manner with free lance consultants and no employees. The other day there was some great cage fighting in the boxing ring there. The bar seems to be doing well.

Are you the owner of pussycat bar? I'm sure you made a post in the "deleted" thread that sounded like you'd meant to use the sponsor's logon id. Apologies if you're not.

TBH IDGAF about bars on LK, not been down that area in 14 years. I gotta life wife wink.png

• Like 1

The original thread focused on running a bar rather than on the bar itself. It is common knowledge that nearly all these bars operate in a similar manner with free lance consultants and no employees. The other day there was some great cage fighting in the boxing ring there. The bar seems to be doing well.

Are you the owner of pussycat bar? I'm sure you made a post in the "deleted" thread that sounded like you'd meant to use the sponsor's logon id. Apologies if you're not.

TBH IDGAF about bars on LK, not been down that area in 14 years. I gotta life wife wink.png

I do like the occasional drink down the bars, but I do not own a bar; I thought one needs to be able to speak Thai for that? My friend Stewart has to dart out of the bar when the other half calls - good for a laugh. If the wife is jealous, I can understand it would be difficult to sneak out.

Any foreigner trying to buy and run a new bar anywhere in CM (let alone LK) with the current economic situation would need a sanity test.

This guy, couldn't have done any market research, costing analysis or business plan at all.

How long did it last 3 weeks? a month?

Normally a new business should expect to run 6 months before any idea of profit/loss.

Sounds like the guy didn't have enough money to start a business, or broke up with the gf and walked out.

Amazing Thailand.

You left out the part where it's our fault....

re

The other day there was some great cage fighting in the boxing ring there

they shut it on one night for that last week but what i saw on the first of july ( pics )

was lets see if we can pat and hug each a few times for three rounds and then run the collection box around :(

pathetic play acting has got nothing on these fellas !

and no i wouldnt like t get in the ring with them

but i dont like someone insulting my and tourists inteligence every night by this .. show :(

dave2

ps .. pussy cat bar is directly behind the actor in the shorts on the left !

cage boxing pic 10 48 pm

deserted loi kroh pic 11 04 pm

post-42592-0-46058700-1404391339_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05235400-1404391519_thumb.j

in the ad for the bar the owner talked about buying lady drinks, said that the girls rely on the generosity of customers as some bar girls arent actually paid a wage

is that true? i thought they had a wage, and any tips or extra services money was theirs?

yes white plate cafe is still running i went their last week although havent seen the owner in awhile

I went to the White Plate for lunch yesterday. They were gone. Another restaurant is there now.

O.K. 2 members in this thread have said it is still there. I was by there yesterday. Did they change the name or something? When I saw something other than White Plate on the sign I just kept going. Didn't even look.

Edited by elektrified

It's clear why the bar had to close: tautological error.

Since all cats are pussies, and vice versa, calling the place "pussy cat" is redundant and hence it was doomed to go under.

Why couldn't they call it "The Cat Bar?"

Perhaps I'm missing something?

T

I do like the occasional drink down the bars, but I do not own a bar;

That's not what you were saying a month ago...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727788-martial-law-in-thailand-more-bad-news-for-embattled-tourism-industry/?p=7857726

Boom....lawyered!

This thread has certainly got a lot of free publicity for the bar, whoever started it.

in the ad for the bar the owner talked about buying lady drinks, said that the girls rely on the generosity of customers as some bar girls arent actually paid a wage

is that true? i thought they had a wage, and any tips or extra services money was theirs?

yes white plate cafe is still running i went their last week although havent seen the owner in awhile

I went to the White Plate for lunch yesterday. They were gone. Another restaurant is there now.

O.K. 2 members in this thread have said it is still there. I was by there yesterday. Did they change the name or something? When I saw something other than White Plate on the sign I just kept going. Didn't even look.

Yeah its still there. Same staff, same food, same prices. Just changed the name i guess.

• Like 1

Perhaps this June 10 post excerpt from the bar's Facebook page gives some flavor of the prior thread and the owner's habits:

Lady drinks are 60 baht on top if you buy one for the hostess. Please be generous; this is how they live. Most girls don’t get a salary and live on your kindness and generosity. In fact, we even have to feed them.

Re

Why couldn't they call it "The Cat Bar?"

Perhaps I'm missing something?

err ummm errr .... coz this kats bar is about 100 feet away maybe ?

dave2

They could call it "The Cat House".

Used to be a place at Nana...The Cat House....AYCD Chang 200 from 4-8 Heineken 300.....the good ole days........No lady drinks as the waitresses were too busy retrieving beers. Saw a Brit show up at 7:30, and still did the AYCD.....LOL.

Perhaps this June 10 post excerpt from the bar's Facebook page gives some flavor of the prior thread and the owner's habits:

Lady drinks are 60 baht on top if you buy one for the hostess. Please be generous; this is how they live. Most girls don’t get a salary and live on your kindness and generosity. In fact, we even have to feed them.

What about their overseas "sponsors" and their extra curricular working activity?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good god! The amazing thing is what TV'ers will spend three pages discussing. This seems like much ado about absolutely nothing!

A little walk about might do some good. I hear its good for the heart, and for ones health generally. Also, it might also help understanding through direct experience. Now that is a thought!

Good god! The amazing thing is what TV'ers will spend three pages discussing. This seems like much ado about absolutely nothing!

A little walk about might do some good. I hear its good for the heart, and for ones health generally. Also, it might also help understanding through direct experience. Now that is a thought!

might not do your finances any good though.
  • Like 1

noendtoit, on 04 Jul 2014 - 05:03, said:

Look on the bright side, it's a break from the food topics. biggrin.png