Buying/selling motorbike

Hi All,

A mate of mine is offering to sell me his honda click for cheap (9000bhat) as he wants a quick sale if I bag it tomorrow, I don't need it really as I have a car but just wondering what I need to buy and sell it?

I was wondering what paper work should I be asking off him? also if I wanted to could I sell it what paper should I be giving the buyer?

Cheers all

I think you can go to a local motorbike dealer and pay them some small baht and they will do the paperwork to switch names/registration for you...that is what I did several years ago in Chiang Rai and it worked out just fine....maybe different where you are or now. Take motorcy owners book and passports.....also much easier if you speak or have a thai speaker with you to explain what is the goal.

From what I remember needed the green book and a copy of the Thai I'd that the owner has signed. Since it is a foreigner with no Thai is I think you need passport. Take bike to local land transport office for inspection pay fees and transfer. A local bike shop can take care of it for you if you wish

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I would suggest searching this forum, there are many threads on this.

Why is this subject not already pinned as a sticky?

I imagine hundreds of people have to research this every year.

Edited by ttakata

If farang buyer/seller you will need a residence certificate or work permit.................you need this for buying and selling

Also copies of passports

If thai buyer/seller all you need is copy of ID Card

Plus signed forms for the transfer

If you don't really need the bike but want to help your friend out. Just lend him the money and take possession of the bike and book and get him to fill in a loan agreement. You can get one from most Thai stationary shops. It has agreed monthly payments, interest payments and what happens if he defaults. Get a signed copy of his passport too.

Otherwise go to the Department of Land Transport on Monday with your passport and proof of address/residence and transfer the bike.

Edited by ATF