Thai military council reconfirms election next year

webfact

I don't know what everybody's worried about. Generals have a fine history of success as democratic leaders in Idi Amin, Assad, Tito, Galtieri.. even Saddam Hussein achieved Lieutenant General. Another great leader who follows the principles of democracy is Robert Mugabe who gets re-elected every year. What can possibly go wrong?

clap2.gif They were not Thai also they had no plans to turn the country into a true democracy. They intended it to remain a dictatorship and would occasionally throw a fixed election to fool people like you. You also for got Eisenhower and George Washington. How convenient.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm not clear on your point here. Dwight Eisenhower was a popular military figure elected to the presidency as a civilian. And George Washington resigned his military commission at the end of the war. No less than 6 years before being elected president.

Neither of them came to, or maintained power, by extraordinary means.

Just adding to the list of military men who became president and not a dictator. Not hard to figure out. Forgot John F Kennedy. I think Hitler was a corporal in the German army. Let us not forget Napoleon or Julius Caesar. The list is endless and nothing to do with the fantastic Government we are getting under military rule here in Thailand.

But it does amuse some people who know nothing about what has been happening in Thailand but about history in other countries. Keeps the kids off the street so to speak.wai.gif

• Like 1

I don't know what everybody's worried about. Generals have a fine history of success as democratic leaders in Idi Amin, Assad, Tito, Galtieri.. even Saddam Hussein achieved Lieutenant General. Another great leader who follows the principles of democracy is Robert Mugabe who gets re-elected every year. What can possibly go wrong?

clap2.gif They were not Thai also they had no plans to turn the country into a true democracy. They intended it to remain a dictatorship and would occasionally throw a fixed election to fool people like you. You also for got Eisenhower and George Washington. How convenient.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And you think the good General Prayuth does not intend to remain in power ( = dictator)?

• Like 1