Israel is using a sledgehammer to crack nuts

Lite Beer

What does Israel expect ?  They invaded the country, and enslaved the resident population..

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  whistling.gif

And the land was promised to the Israelis by  god, what was promised to the Palestinians? 

Nothing,

is it the Israelis fault the Palestinians don't have a good god? 

I think the Palestinians should stop all this crap and get a better god. or  suffer graciously.   

I think it's easier to just get better writers (or editors- if you listen to today's historians).

• Like 1

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facing the difficult question of what to do with the remaining Jewish population in Europe, the Western and Eastern countries, upon hearing that they would like to return to their homeland of aprox 2000 years ago, responded ...

You do not seem to have a much of a grasp on history. The Balfour Declaration was signed in 1917 - well before WW2 - promising the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people. That was not too long before the time that Arabs massacred Jewish families in Hebron and demanded that Jews that had been there for thousands of years leave. The Jews started fighting back, won numerous wars that the Arabs were responsible for, and the rest is history.

The Balfour Declaration was addressed to Rothschild, an athiest, this is nothing to do with Judaism, and as DNA has proved, these Eastern Europeans have no connection to Palestine/Israel.

Walter Rothschild an athiest? where did you get this info?

Zionism and the Balfour Declaration
As an active Zionist and close friend of Chaim Weizmann, he worked to formulate the draft declaration for a Jewish homeland in Palestine. On 2 November 1917 he received a letter from the British foreign secretary, Arthur Balfour, addressed to his London home at 148 Piccadilly. In this letter the British government declared its support for the establishment in Palestine of "a national home for the Jewish people". This letter became known as the Balfour Declaration.[2]

• Like 1

Please provide evidence to support your version of history

Let's make it easy on you.  Just provide the genealogy of Netanyahu and let's discuss his links to King David and the ancient kingdom of Israel.

This is ridiculous. This isn't the eugenics forum. It is well established the different ethnicities of modern Jews have genetic links to each other, and also other groups such as Palestinians and ITALIANS. The Jewish people have an identity and the connection of Jews to the land of Israel is without question. One can argue against the policies of Israel, but to suggest there is no connection of Jews to Israel is beyond the pale. 

Going back in history, yes the Jews could have sought a national homeland in a land with no connection to Jews, like Arizona, but they didn't, they picked the most obvious choice based on historical ties -- Israel. 

The closest genetic link to Jews would be other Semites , unfortunately the land the Jews chose for a homeland was already populated by other Semites who have happen to have converted to a different religion.  

What does Israel expect ?  They invaded the country, and enslaved the resident population..

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  whistling.gif

And the land was promised to the Israelis by  god

Actually, the Land was promised to Israel by Great Britain and the UN and it is protected by one of the world's best armies.

The closest genetic link to Jews would be other Semites , unfortunately the land the Jews chose for a homeland was already populated by other Semites who have happen to have converted to a different religion.

Sounds convincing.  Actually, "Semites" have nothing to do with "genetic links". It is people that speak similar languages. cheesy.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Only Israel does not occupy Gaza, so how Palis feel in Gaza, they would want to take up with Hamas, their chosen government.

The economy of the Hamas administered Gaza Strip is severely hampered by Israel's almost total blockade, high population density, limited land access, strict internal and external security controls, the effects of Israeli military operations, and restrictions on labor and trade access across the border.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip

They may not occupy it, but they sure do make life miserable for the folks living there.

So it's Israel's fault Hamas uses all Iranian money and taxes on making, smuggling and buying rockets?
  • Like 1

And the land was promised to the Israelis by  god, what was promised to the Palestinians? 
Nothing,
is it the Israelis fault the Palestinians don't have a good god? 
I think the Palestinians should stop all this crap and get a better god. or  suffer graciously.   

I think it's easier to just get better writers (or editors- if you listen to today's historians).

Nah, it's best to invent history to suit your believes

"I can only imagine the reaction if Cambodia was lobbing rockets into Thailand.

Or if Ireland was doing the same to the UK"

Of course the Irish did just that but I don't recall any British retaliatory airstrikes on civilians. The OP was about proportionality remember and Israel will never succeed with these tactics.

"Clearly the "Jewish vote" is not as critical as say the HIspanic vote".

When it comes to US foreign policy the "Jewish Vote" is way more influential, largely as a result of the huge amounts of money they can mobilize. Just check out the influence Sheldon Adelson has and he is only one man.

'They did not invade the country and they certainly have not enslaved a population"

Really? Been to the West Bank lately?

Please provide your information source documenting the Irish government firing rockets from their territory into the UK. 

The IRA bombed civilian targets in the UK; that is totally different from firing rockets from Ireland. The Irish would not have allowed it, but if they had, the British would have responded in kind. Any nation would.

The US often disagrees with Israel's policy decisions. If Israel was truly that influential in Washington, why would America try to broker peace between Israel and it's neighbors? Why not simply persuade the US to help it (Israel) to destroy Hamas?

Edited by Lancelot
  • Like 1

Actually, the Land was promised to Israel by Great Britain and the UN and it is protected by one of the world's best armies.

Yes, the good oll USA, but I seem to remember something about them being the chosen people, and I don't think it was the western armies that were doing the choosing.

any way after you comment I don't want to be any where near you during a thunderstorm

Me I stick with god, if  he can stop the sun from revolving around the earth as he did when they were fighting the Canaans he can certainly be more help than the US or British army .

PS: you would think that having made the sun and the earth, god would know that the sun did not revolve around the earth, but heck who am I to argue with god, he is probably so busy with all the other suns he probably forgot.

I feel sorry for  Israel, they do need to show their strength otherwise these attacks will never end.

For how long do they need to flex their muscles?  They've been doing it for 0ver 60 years and it hasn't worked yet.

Of course it has worked. They are still there despite all their enemies and Israel is thriving.

It is the Palestinian policy of obstinacy that has hot worked out so well. They are the ones with no country of their own, while being ruled by corrupt fanatics who could care less about them. 

• Like 1

But you posted earlier that UN were "lying hypocrites".

laugh.png laugh.png clap2.gif clap2.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Still chuckling over your comment, 

Wish I could give you more than one like

If laughter is the greatest gift, my birthday came early this year. 

[/quote]

I seem to recall that after WW2 that the Jewish people, responding to a call from their religion, returned to what they believed was their "Promised Land", evicted the residents, and started to build a country called Israel.

With the connivance of the Western world, to the detriment of the resident population.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I advise you to learn some history:
Jews after the declaration of Herzl at the Jewish congress in Basel August 29 to August 31, 1897 stating: "Zionism seeks to establish a home for the Jewish people in Palestine secured under public law."
During WW1, the British and French were seeking Arab and Jew support against the Ottoman Empire, to whom Palestine was a part of.
The Arabs were promised in the Balfour declaration a home in Trans-Jordan and what is now Iraq, the Jews a home in Cis-Jordan, what was then called Palestine.
After WW1 all promises were broken by the Allies.

However since the 1880's Jews were migrating into Palestine already, bought as much as land they could get, developing the desert, drying the swamps in Gallilee, and developing other areas.
During Nazi-holocaust, more fled to what they believed could be their home land. Only a small group of Arabs, under the leadership of the Great-Mufti of Jerusalem, started terrorist attacks on the Jewish settlements.
During WW2 the great-Mufti even supported Hitler to recruit Muslim fighters from what is now Bosnia, with the aim to wipe out the Jewish race.
When Rommel would have won in El-Alamein, there would be no Jews anymore in Palestine: all massacred.

The restraint Israel shows under constant provocation is incredible especially amid all the propaganda that abounds about a Palestinian homeland etc. Maybe a history lesson is in order- not that you will view ANYTHING that speaks of this in mainstream media.

Excellent FACTUAL video. Thanks for sharing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDW88CBo-8

• Like 1

The IRA bombed civilian targets in the UK; that is totally different from firing rockets from Ireland. The Irish would not have allowed it, but if they had, the British would have responded in kind. Any nation would.

The provos often launched mortar attacks from across the border and scarpered into the dark like the vermin they were.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I feel sorry for  Israel, they do need to show their strength otherwise these attacks will never end.

For how long do they need to flex their muscles?  They've been doing it for 0ver 60 years and it hasn't worked yet.

Of course it has worked. They are still there despite all their enemies and Israel is thriving.

It is the Palestinian policy of obstinacy that has hot worked out so well. They are the ones with no country of their own, while being ruled by corrupt fanatics who could care less about them. 

Thriving?

It could not survive without outside help, economic or military.

I hardly call that thriving.

A post referencing the IRA situation has been removed.   There have been a number of such posts which have been allowed to remain.  

Please stick to the topic of this thread.   

Still chuckling over your comment

Someone is very easily amused. How does the fact that the UN are "hypocrites" change anything or make his argument any stronger? cheesy.gif

Yeaa. well you know what they say about simple minds? "simple minds are easily amused" and non is simpler than mine.

that's why I am with you on this.

The Jews fought very hard to establish a homeland in the middle east, and I am sure you being fair minded you would expect nothing less from the Palestinians.

I wonder how Israel would react if around 150 of their innocent citizens had been killed by warplanes and missiles?

They have created the biggest gulag or concentration camp modern mankind has ever know and it is Gaza.

They have nuclear weapons but unlike Iran have never signed up to international agreements or weapons inspections.

The West Bank has been invaded by so called settlers from abroad who have developed an apartheid system with their own roads etc.

The only solution is the UN and civilised countries should ban all imports of Israeli goods and trade subject it's citizens to travel bans.

Look at what Christian Aid says about settlements.

"Christian Aid believes that Israeli settlements will continue to expand unless action is taken to stop them from being profitable.

For too long now the international community has condemned settlements as illegal, without taking concrete action to prevent them growing (both economically and in numbers).

Against this, the UK government describes them as the greatest obstacle to peace between Israel and the Palestinians."

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/whatwedo/middle-east/take-action-to-ban-israeli-settlement-produce.aspx Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

Thriving?

Thriving. Israel ranks 16th among 187 world nations on the UN's Human Development Index, which puts it in the category of "Very Highly Developed" and Israel's economy ranks 17th among the world's most economically developed nations.

With fewer people than the state of New Jersey, Israel has more companies on the tech-oriented NASDAQ than any country outside the United States -- more than all of Europe, Japan, Korea, India, and China combined. Israel also attracts more of the global pool of venture capital investments per capita than any other country -- 2.5 times America's, 30 times Europe's, 80 times China's, and 300 times India's.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/OPINION/11/09/israel.startup.nation/index.html?iref=24hours

• Like 1

The Jews fought very hard to establish a homeland in the middle east, and I am sure you being fair minded you would expect nothing less from the Palestinians.

I have no problem with the Palestinians having their own country other than frustration with the fact that they keep refusing any chance they get to actually establish one as real entity.
  • Like 1

I have no problem with the Palestinians having their own country other than frustration with the fact that they keep refusing any chance they get to actually establish one as real entity.

any chance to capitulate?

Facing the difficult question of what to do with the remaining Jewish population in Europe, the Western and Eastern countries, upon hearing that they would like to return to their homeland of aprox 2000 years ago, responded ...

You do not seem to have a much of a grasp on history. The Balfour Declaration was signed in 1917 - well before WW2 - promising the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people. That was not too long before the time that Arabs massacred Jewish families in Hebron and demanded that Jews that had been there for thousands of years leave. The Jews started fighting back, won numerous wars that the Arabs were responsible for, and the rest is history.

The Balfour Declaration was addressed to Rothschild, an athiest, this is nothing to do with Judaism, and as DNA has proved, these Eastern Europeans have no connection to Palestine/Israel.

Lol, reading too much "Above Top Secret."
  • Like 1

Israel is occupying thier land  and all this terror would stop if they gave up their  illegal occupation as demanded by the UN.

• Like 1