Thai lecturer accused of trading grades for 7-Eleven stamps

webfact

The "moral" is, don't get a video posted on social network. Management loses face. Otherwise, biz as usual.

The foolish kids that posted it now have to have their grades re-evaluated.

I simply don't understand peoples' fascination with social media.

My generation used to love their privacy and now its just the opposite--people want to post to perfect strangers what kind of bowel movement they had last night.

• Like 1

ClutchClark post # 32.

The foolish kids that posted it now have to have their grades re-evaluated.

I simply don't understand peoples' fascination with social media.

My generation used to love their privacy and now its just the opposite--people want to post to perfect strangers what kind of bowel movement they had last night.

The fact that they published the clip on a social network proves to many that these students were not very happy concerning the matter.

Corruption however small must be and it seems it was exposed.

That is one good reason for modern soclaL media.

My generation brand of ''social media (hatched out circa 1945) was called ''gossip.''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obq1JOIOYkA

amse post # 34

7-11 stamps, YIPES, sounds like someone has a stamp addiction.

Allthose young girls flocking ( I think thats the word) to his office probably started a stamp fetish

7-11 stamps, YIPES, sounds like someone has a stamp fetish.

Looks like he's cumming to a sticky end though.whistling.gif

I need full contact details for this person, immediately. I constantly move between UK, Thailand, China. I constantly have to clear apartments and houses. This person is my Thai solution - dozens of water sets available, not to mention anything else you care to mention!

a wild guess would be: the student were to poor or not enough cute to be asked for money or sex.

The student were too much stupid to get better grade by themself.

The teacher want to perpetuate corruption, he didnt want to give good grade for free, so he asked anything... even stamps!

So, if convicted, or proved he did something wrong, the students 7-11 stamps should be returned to them, and their A level grades should be adjusted to the original levels.

Not so sure the students would agree with this.

A bit like, we hate the corrupt police, but happy to pay them off when we break the law our self.

4 or 5 years ago, when my 2 year old child went to do the entrance test in Assumption College Sriracha they stressed how important it was we donated enough money. For every 10000B we donated we would get 10 points.

There was a total of 100 points to collect. 50 point by the parents, 50 points by the child. The score of the parents was related to the amount of donated money.

Too bad they didn't accept 7-11 stamps.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

fact # 1 - it is a man not a woman as it said "his students".

fact # 2 - this is nothing to what has been going on for years in ALL schools.

fact # 3 - students were told to go and protest for more points.

this is something that is and always will be untill the education system gets its act together.

4 or 5 years ago, when my 2 year old child went to do the entrance test in Assumption College Sriracha they stressed how important it was we donated enough money. For every 10000B we donated we would get 10 points.

There was a total of 100 points to collect. 50 point by the parents, 50 points by the child. The score of the parents was related to the amount of donated money.

My son's school also asked me for a "donation" told them to go stuff themselves. They have stopped asking me after that.

And how utterly ridicules is it that a year old has to pass an entrance test, the stupidity of which is only exceeded by parents playing the game and paying money - guess there is a few suckers born every day.

Edited by Artisi

To be honest this is pretty lame and childish stuff. I remember when teaching up country ( I won't mention where) a few years ago it didn't happen everyday but it was still common knowledge to put a wrapped bottle of Johnnny's best on the teacher's table with the students name in a card and that student would get top grades.

fact # 1 - it is a man not a woman as it said "his students".

fact # 2 - this is nothing to what has been going on for years in ALL schools.

fact # 3 - students were told to go and protest for more points.

this is something that is and always will be untill the education system gets its act together.

I was wondering about the household items being traded for grades and not sexual favours, as sometimes comes up in Thai news stories with a male lecturer. However, the clip was on the Thai news and it's actually a female lecturer, not a male lecturer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zU_7cCjY1c

I am not sure that this was not just a poor joke by the lectrurer in the same way as many Australian Lecturers will say they need a case of beer stapled to the cover sheet of an assignment to give a good grade. In the Australian case it is only a joke and taken that way, though I have had many a beer with my lecturers and my students.