Residency Visas for other countries

Anyone know if a brit passport holder living in thailand with the renewable thai one yr retirement visa/permit can apply AT EMBASSIES HERE IN THAILAND for a residency visa in other countries cos I hear new regulations require applicants now to apply PERSONALLY through their citizenship country which in my case is uk. I am still officially a uk resident not living there, but have right to live in thailand too. Does the thai one yr retirement visa qualify me to apply here in Thailand?. No opinions pls cos I hear there are new global regulations since may 2014 ; only actual experience will help. If , based just on living here with a thai rertirement visa , you have successfully applied to an embassy in Thailand for a residency visa for another country ide welcome your advice. Ive made numerous phone and email enquiries to several embassies ( anon here to avoid offence) etc but get no certain clarity and its a big job to get all the papers together and journey 300 kms to bkk to queue at embassy and then be told I have to go to UK. P.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app