Looking for chess players

kaizoku

Hello,

Every Friday the board games club meets at coworking space on chayapruek.

Some of the regular players are really interested in playing chess.

So I would like to invite any chess players to join us. We meet every friday from 7p.m until late, of course this is free to play.

Good luck with that...most Pattaya expats aren't interested unless it's Connect Four, which befuddles them, with an Issan farm-girl and a Singha. I think chess would blow their minds!

Utter rubbish, if you don't mind me saying so. Plenty of expats used to play on the beach promenade. Not so many now since the redevelopment but at Central on the beach on the lowest level outside opposite McDonalds you will find expats playing chess. And Thais too.

I actually get a lot pleasure from correspondance chess, which can be played online.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Used to be fun playing with friends by post card in the good/bad old days. Plenty time to think and actually a cheap way to keep in touch with old friends all over.

Now it's "instantaneous" thanks to IT.

Chess was incredibly popular in India when I lived there - all ages playing.Really disappointed that no one around where I lived here plays.

The meeting is tonight from 7pm is some of you are interested.

Anchor Coworking space is located on Chayapruek just in front of Seven Seas Condo.

Used to be fun playing with friends by post card in the good/bad old days. Plenty time to think and actually a cheap way to keep in touch with old friends all over.

Wow, this is really cool ! I'm not old enough to miss the good old days, but according to the very poor quality of communication in the digital era sometimes we would win to going back the time you are talking.

The meeting is tonight from 7pm is some of you are interested.

Anchor Coworking space is located on Chayapruek just in front of Seven Seas Condo.

Wow, this is really cool ! I'm not old enough to miss the good old days, but according to the very poor quality of communication in the digital era sometimes we would win to going back the time you are talking.

Let us know how it went last night? Did many people show up?

For the chess was only the same player that come everyweek and who is looking for player partnair.
About the board games we played Puerto Rico.

About buying the game I don't known I'll ask where he bought his board.

Also one of the usual players bought a game of mahjong, we never played and don't know the rule so we will give it a try next week.

I actually get a lot pleasure from correspondance chess, which can be played online.

Now it's "instantaneous" thanks to IT.

Chess was incredibly popular in India when I lived there - all ages playing.Really disappointed that no one around where I lived here plays.

There are some sites that allow up to 7 days per move.

I just looked on google this morning with the question of what's the best way to play online.

I want to play with an acquaintance in Denmark while I'm in TH.

Do you have any personal suggestions?

• 10 months later...

Any updates on Pattaya chess? I looked in at the Tues eve club on second road but saw only one game in progress, and the place is super noisy.

If anyone's interested in an afternoon game just send me a message. Any level between beginner and grandmaster is okay.

• 9 months later...

Anyone in Jomtien / Pratumnak area looking for a regular game?

I've played a few times at Central Festival, but prefer to play more locally.

I have seen players with chess boards along the beach road in Jomtien. Might be worth a stroll down and look see for candidates