Problems found during inspection of Motorbike Taxi Drivers on Pattaya 2nd Road

Rimmer

Problems found during inspection of Motorbike Taxi Drivers on Pattaya 2nd Road

taxi-11.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday a meeting was held at Pattaya City Hall chaired by the Chief of Banglamung District, to discuss a recent check of Motorbike Taxi Drivers situated along Pattaya Second Road which uncovered many problems.

Khun Sakchai, the District Chief, was joined at the meeting by Army Officials, Pattaya City Hall Officials and Pattaya Police Officers. They were told that there were approximately 55 Motorbike Taxi Drivers working in the area and three major problems were identified.

The first problem related to unlicensed drivers driving motorbikes which featured yellow Taxi license plates which were registered to other people which automatically invalidates all vehicle insurances applying to the Motorbike Taxi.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/136377/problems-found-during-inspection-of-motorbike-taxi-drivers-on-pattaya-2nd-road/#sthash.gRjuT8Ic.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-26

• Like 1

i have yet to see any orange tags or fare boards anywhere. especially in front of pad condo, plenty of mafia.

I have to agree

It seems that in Pattaya all the officials hold meetings and discuss stuff and even offer suggestions as to what needs done, but unfortunately in Pattaya that seems to be as far as it gets, they miss out the important follow through..........implementation and enforcement

It would appear that the officials in Pattaya are trying to create a false impression to the NCPO that they are actually doing something when in reality they are doing absolutely nothing

I would like to see the Army officials in Phuket make their way to Pattaya because they seem to be doers as opposed to talkers

My impression of Pattaya is that there seems to be someone seen as being very powerful running the show and everyone is afraid to go their and remove the "head" from what seems to be a very well organised and funded mafia running the place

"My impression of Pattaya is that there seems to be someone seen as being very powerful running the show and everyone is afraid to go their and remove the "head" from what seems to be a very well organised and funded mafia running the place"

So you're saying Pattaya is like cities in most countries in the "west" that have unfettered gang or organized crime organizations that the police are unable or unwilling to control?

4709074203_6b92a17ca3_z.jpg

4b735c074797912c6d620ffd7f4e215f8e5eb467

Edited by Suradit69

It seems that in Pattaya all the officials hold meetings and discuss stuff and even offer suggestions as to what needs done, but unfortunately in Pattaya that seems to be as far as it gets, they miss out the important follow through..........implementation and enforcement

I don't understand this kind of critics. How can you write such things when you just have to look in the street to see that things are changing ? There were Military every days checking for motorbike stations this week; There are prices board in most main stations already; Most motortaxi have register as asked by City Hall, you see new green dossar everywhere; yellow plaques are arriving too (a bit slow because of second registration at Road office); Military have made suppress many "waiting areas" that taxis had built along streets; Military have suppress many stations already in area where there was one every 50 m!; etc. So sure they do nothing... rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

What, so the minimum fare to ride pillion on a scooter, with a drunk driver, is 30 baht? I can take an air-con public bus for a 10-20 kilo ride "back home" for a little more than 60 baht! What a rip-off!

And can you please tell us in which country a taxi is not more expensive that a public bus ?

Why don't you call rip-off what happen in your own country ?

Signs are another good reason to learn to read Thai. How many signs in home countries are also written in Thai script? I know, I know.... but maybe they think not that many farangs are crazy enough to take motorcycle taxis.

So problems are 1.unlicensed drivers, uninsured drivers (but have 30 days... in meantime, ride at own risk?) 2. parked too close together (that should take less than 30 days) and 3. drivers under age 20 which is not permitted (how many will have 20th birthday in next 30 days?). Why wait on #1 & #3?

Edited by Emster23

Firstly, signs are deliberately "not" in English.

Secondly, Pattaya is a "free-for-all". Thais do what they want, when they want. Why ? Because they know they can get away with it, that is, if their thinking goes that far. All in their culture.

• Like 1

i have yet to see any orange tags or fare boards anywhere. especially in front of pad condo, plenty of mafia.

I have to agree

It would appear that the officials in Pattaya are trying to create a false impression to the NCPO that they are actually doing something when in reality they are doing absolutely nothing

I would like to see the Army officials in Phuket make their way to Pattaya because they seem to be doers as opposed to talkers

My impression of Pattaya is that there seems to be someone seen as being very powerful running the show and everyone is afraid to go their and remove the "head" from what seems to be a very well organised and funded mafia running the place

"My impression of Pattaya is that there seems to be someone seen as being very powerful running the show and everyone is afraid to go their and remove the "head" from what seems to be a very well organised and funded mafia running the place"

So you're saying Pattaya is like cities in most countries in the "west" that have unfettered gang or organized crime organizations that the police are unable or unwilling to control?

possibly but the part you don't get is that every city in the world has it's organised crime but it is not the whole city and there are genuine attempts being made by the authorities to combat it as opposed to being part of it....big difference

and who exactly are you trying to defend - it went right over my head

What, so the minimum fare to ride pillion on a scooter, with a drunk driver, is 30 baht? I can take an air-con public bus for a 10-20 kilo ride "back home" for a little more than 60 baht! What a rip-off!

And can you please tell us in which country a taxi is not more expensive that a public bus ?

I think he made his point very well actually

in saying that - as I have stated before I always give my regular MB taxi guys 40 baht and even if the 25 baht fair was imposed I would still be doing the same

what concerns me most is as stated above - the lip service that continues in Pattaya without them actually doing anything, it has been going on for years - these crowds of wasters get together and have talks round a table about what they are going to do and nothing happens - either they are afraid to take action or they are part of the problem - they are taking no shit in Phuket - time they put someone in charge here to do same

I think he made his point very well actually

in saying that - as I have stated before I always give my regular MB taxi guys 40 baht and even if the 25 baht fair was imposed I would still be doing the same

what concerns me most is as stated above - the lip service that continues in Pattaya without them actually doing anything, it has been going on for years - these crowds of wasters get together and have talks round a table about what they are going to do and nothing happens - either they are afraid to take action or they are part of the problem - they are taking no shit in Phuket - time they put someone in charge here to do same

I believe the taxi/transportation 'problem' in Pattaya was never that... it is a place where you can travel 5km for 10 baht, jump on-jump off! In Phuket you couldn't do it for under 200 baht. So perhaps when Phuket gets it's problems reduced to a level of the hardly existent ones in Pattaya, we can consider if there is room for improvement. So far we have not had drivers have the cxap beaten out of them for picking up and transporting their own hotel guests.

• Like 2

I have to agree

His Father was the Godfather of Chon Buri, Yes lots of meeting always smoke and mirrors like for the Jet-Ski which they held nearly a dozen and nothing was done just swept under the rug. They could have save lots of time and money and just ask people because this was not just going on yesterday.

Hey, we need a translator to english so we can understand the signs. Please ask your thai wife. Would be nice to know the correct fares in Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I believe the first sign above is probably posted at or close to the large fresh food market by Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai close to 2nd road.

The first destination is the "mouth" or "opening" of Pattaya Tai. I assume that means from Wat Chai to the Sukhumwit / Pattaya Tai intersection is 30 baht. From Wat Chai to Soi 7 or almost Pattaya Klang and 2nd road is also 30 baht.

From Wat Chai to the Sukhumwit / Pattaya Klang intersection is 40 baht.

From Wat Chai to Big "C" Pattaya North is 50 baht.

The last one just says "Pattaya City" 50 baht. I guess I can assume this means anywhere in Pattaya City is 50 baht if it falls in a range equal to the distance from Wat Chai to Big "C" Pattaya North give or take. The rest of the ranges you can guess given the distance from Wat Chai to Soi 7 or Wat Chai to Sukhumwit and Pattaya Klang.

So nowhere in Pattaya City should be more than 50 baht. However, there is no guidance for when you cross over Sukhumwit into the darkside and the taxi driver would want more than 50 baht if going well past Big "C" north Pattaya, such as up Pattaya Nakluea.

• Like 1

204.jpg

- What the board says:

Wat Chai market station (South Road along Wat Chaimongkron)

Fares :

- Entrance South Road (Sukhumvit) : 30 B

- Big C North Pattaya : 50 B

- Soi 7 : 30 B

- Sukhumvit Central Road : 40 B

- North Rd (City Hall) : 50 B

25 B min up to 2 km, then 5 B/km.

From 5 km, agree with a price before.

- What the board should says :

(A quick check on Google Maps for Wat Chai South Road station)

Sukhumvit South Road : 30 B : ~2.3 km, 30 B ok

Big C North Pattaya : 50 B : ~3.0 km, should be 30 B or 35 B (!)

Soi 7 : 30 B : ~2.0 km, should be 25 or 30 B

Sukhumvit Central Road : 40 B : ~3.4 km, should be 35 B

City Hall Pattaya : 50 B : ~4.1 km, should be 35-40 B

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 2

Firstly, signs are deliberately "not" in English.

Secondly, Pattaya is a "free-for-all". Thais do what they want, when they want. Why ? Because they know they can get away with it, that is, if their thinking goes that far. All in their culture.

Although I don't know every Thai, I tend to agree on certain points. Material gain, regardless of how achieved, is a cancer of the society, as it is back home. The hypocrisy of believes versus practical application in life is also hard to understand.

I accept this "free-for-all" atmosphere with the knowledge that I am not in charge and live my life while letting others live theirs. Most of the "free-wheeling" in Pattaya really doesn't affect me and I usually find the cultural differences entertaining and educational.

When it becomes too much, I go home and read a good book.