Four senior judges fired for gross disciplinary violations

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mishandled?????  Is this another euphemism for stealing?  

One has to ask if it is possible to find JUST ONE honest government official in all the kingdom of Thailand!  

It is not.

Yes it is.

The whole of the Immigration satff at Nakhon Sawan for a start. Probably most of the staff at the DLT in Khampaeng Phet for another.

These are places that I use on a regular basis.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There's been so many high profile cases in these courts over the past couple of years.
These dismissals could relate to a whole raft of issues....eventually something will come out about this....but it's an indictment on the judiciary to have 4 seniors bite the dust!

and yet, at the same time, reaffirmation to some degree that the entire system isn't completely broken in that they were removed.

........but removed for reasons that will not be disclosed. facepalm.gif So, perhaps broken, after all?

Now there is the kettle calling the pot black and for your information I don't support either side whether it be PTP,Democrats,Red or yellow. I can take solace in what you have said providing he takes no favourites and does go after politicians from both sides.I say that because of a number of situations that were in the press at the time and then suddenly disappeared off the scene never to be heard of again. One involves another party in the coalition and another is a former finance minister admitting that some democrat party members had bought votes.

Not sure why, but whenever I read a post containing a phrase like - "I don't support either side whether it be PTP,Democrats,Red or yellow" or something similar, it nearly always seems to be written by a "red flavored" poster.

Really don't know why some people even bother with porkies like that, if they support the low-life reds or PTP just say so.

thumbsup.gif

The feigned impartiality claim being much more particular to one side  IS  very noticeable.

There is no feigned impartiality here. If you can't accept that sitting in the middle and pointing out that there are faults on both sides of politics and has been like that from the year dot well what more can I say but please don't suggest that I am not being truthful about what I have stated.

If you haven't feigned impartiality, why post the following?

George O: Just take pleasure in the fact that the good general is blind to any colour and is pursuing one thing, and one thing only, corruption...! That of course means that the former government are all crapping themselves right now...!

Ron19: You mean the democrats and their coalition partners of course.

If that's impartial, the Pope's an atheist.

The Bangkok Post wrote that the judges were fired for granting bail 'improperly' in drugs cases and others from 2005 to 2010. That covers a period when both parties were in power. Speculating on the actual cases doesn't add value.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 2

Now there is the kettle calling the pot black and for your information I don't support either side whether it be PTP,Democrats,Red or yellow. I can take solace in what you have said providing he takes no favourites and does go after politicians from both sides.I say that because of a number of situations that were in the press at the time and then suddenly disappeared off the scene never to be heard of again. One involves another party in the coalition and another is a former finance minister admitting that some democrat party members had bought votes.

Not sure why, but whenever I read a post containing a phrase like - "I don't support either side whether it be PTP,Democrats,Red or yellow" or something similar, it nearly always seems to be written by a "red flavored" poster.

Really don't know why some people even bother with porkies like that, if they support the low-life reds or PTP just say so.

Not possible because I don't support them or anyone else.

thumbsup.gif

The feigned impartiality claim being much more particular to one side  IS  very noticeable.

I have my own opinion on fence sitters, which is that some just want to be on the winning side no matter who wins in the end. And as far as pointing out that there are faults on both sides, some people seem to point more vigorously in one direction.   thumbsup.gif

I  hope that you realise what you have just said. cheesy.gif

For your benefit, Ron -

Indeed, that some people like to cheer for both teams so that at the end of the game they can claim victory, hollow as it is. But some people will secretly lean towards one side but will not admit it, in case that side loses. Is that so hard to understand ?

unless we start getting some transparency under this regime, I have to assume that they are deliberately covering up certain actions because the revelations might be unpopular.

Such transparency would be only for the benefit of TVF members and other farang/aliens. Thais for the most part do NOT want to know why or any other sinister details. It is part of Thai upbringing, part of the Thai psyche or as some here like to say part of Thainess. 

In my years here, I can't begin to count the number of times that I have tried to probe into the reasons behind some event, only to be told by the Thai ," I don't want to know ". Most Thais simply do not want to know why or how - they are quite content to know who, what and when. Yes, as they say, they are different from us, and that does not mean inferior.

Since Thais would seem to be most happy not to know the details of why these judges were dismissed, why would the junta reveal the reasons, and make them unhappy. After all, the junta promises happiness.

For your benefit, Ron -

Indeed, that some people like to cheer for both teams so that at the end of the game they can claim victory, hollow as it is. But some people will secretly lean towards one side but will not admit it, in case that side loses. Is that so hard to understand ?

Not hard at all and there are no secrets with me and believe me I am backing no one.

For your benefit, Ron -

Not hard at all and there are no secrets with me and believe me I am backing no one.While I am sitting here with my two dogs Suthep by my side and Abhisit at my feet and thinking why can't people see the forest for the trees.(They are my dogs names)

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Mishandled?????  Is this another euphemism for stealing?  
One has to ask if it is possible to find JUST ONE honest government official in all the kingdom of Thailand!

It is not.

Yes it is.

The whole of the Immigration satff at Nakhon Sawan for a start. Probably most of the staff at the DLT in Khampaeng Phet for another.

These are places that I use on a regular basis.

I don't know Khampaeng Phet, but I agree with you about Nakhon Sawan, where I just renewed my visa. I also never observed any wrongdoing at Immigration in Bangkok over many years that I renewed my visa there. Come to think of it, I never heard any of the people I knew in Bangkok speak of any way to get around the regulations, although I do remember hearing about a gang that was improperly renewing visas without actually going to the border.

Secrecy is only required when you know you're doing something wrong.

Garbage. If you're arranging a surprise birthday party for your wife and you don't tell her because it's a surprise that's wrong? If we had told the Germans all of our secrets during WW2 we might well be speaking German now. When all of the schools know the results of exams but don't say anything until the correct date, that's wrong? I could go on but I'm bored now

A post in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

[quote name="khunken" post="8224411" timestamp="1407657399"]

[quote name="Ron19" post="8224154" timestamp="1407652706"]

[quote name="Bland" post="8224094" timestamp="1407651804"]

[quote name="mikemac" post="8223705" timestamp="1407646011"]

[quote]Now there is the kettle calling the pot black and for your information I don't support either side whether it be PTP,Democrats,Red or yellow. I can take solace in what you have said providing he takes no favourites and does go after politicians from both sides.I say that because of a number of situations that were in the press at the time and then suddenly disappeared off the scene never to be heard of again. One involves another party in the coalition and another is a former finance minister admitting that some democrat party members had bought votes.
 [/quote]

[/quote]

thumbsup.gif

[/quote]
There is no feigned impartiality here. If you can't accept that sitting in the middle and pointing out that there are faults on both sides of politics and has been like that from the year dot well what more can I say but please don't suggest that I am not being truthful about what I have stated.
 [/quote]

If you haven't feigned impartiality, why post the following?

George O: Just take pleasure in the fact that the good general is blind to any colour and is pursuing one thing, and one thing only, corruption...! That of course means that the former government are all crapping themselves right now...!

Ron19: You mean the democrats and their coalition partners of course.

If that's impartial, the Pope's an atheist.

The Bangkok Post wrote that the judges were fired for granting bail 'improperly' in drugs cases and others from 2005 to 2010. That covers a period when both parties were in power. Speculating on the actual cases doesn't add value.
 [/quote]

If this is the case then good.

Thailand grants bail for the strangest offences, least of which is convicted murderers

For your benefit, Ron -

Not hard at all and there are no secrets with me and believe me I am backing no one.While I am sitting here with my two dogs Suthep by my side and Abhisit at my feet and thinking why can't people see the forest for the trees.(They are my dogs names)

Well, well Ron,we have something in common. I have two pet rats called Thaksin and Chalerm !   biggrin.png

080124202633-large.jpg

• Like 1