Mass reshuffle in Royal Forest Department

Lite Beer

Strange...no reshuffle from Koh Samui....very strange....

Any natural forest environment on Samui you know about? Or is your concern about Koh Pha Ngan, or Marine Park? Or, what wouldn't be strange, at all, with you: again your personal obsession with a certain 'prominent' Suratthani family, maybe? 

• Like 1

These guys blatantly break the law and not only are they not arrested and prosecuted, they aren't even fired. Of course, they do lose face by being transferred (demoted?), which is a big thing in Thailand ... but still not enough punishment. 

• Like 1

Being moved to an inactive should be only the first step. A full investigation of the matter should then be conducted. This investigation should, by necessity, include examination of their (and their families) bank accounts, land, house, car ownership to determine if their assets are significantly above their earnings. If they are then they should be stripped of their assets. Only then will public servants, maybe, reconsider their actions. Removing the ill-gotten gains is a much better deterrent than gaol - though both (f they are guilty as accused) would be nice! 

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Again, stop with all this "moving" to other positions bullshit . . . if they broke the law or did something wrong, sack them and deny them their pensions.

Moving people to "inactive posts" does nothing at all to dissuade people from doing things illegally, it's the equivalent of a very soft slap on the wrist and told you've been a bad boy. Pathetic.

Yes, but then the perpetrator would lose face and the accuser would then lose face for making the perp lose face and around and around it goes....facepalm.gif

A crippling effect on this society. wai2.gif

"removed to positions not directly involve with forest conservation and protection."

Does this mean they have been transferred to inactive positions?

Is this good enough?

No!! It is not.  Sacking & prosecution are in order if the facts are clear enough.  They are still "getting away with it."  They got the bribes at the time of the corruption and still have "a" job in the same organization.  What about looking for the bribes - flash house, Mercedes etc.!

These guys blatantly break the law and not only are they not arrested and prosecuted, they aren't even fired. Of course, they do lose face by being transferred (demoted?), which is a big thing in Thailand ... but still not enough punishment. 

I know the militsry has enormous powers but only a properly constituted court of law should have the power to judge and punish them. It is called "the rule of law". No matter what you think of them due process must be followed.

I would love an inactive post. How do I apply?

Imagine sitting in a vast office filled with hundreds of Thai people playing Grand Theft Auto, flirting online, reading comics or picking their noses. And getting paid. Heaven!

A few months ago a member posted about these inactive posts.  He said it's a huge embarrassment for the official involved.  They are given a bare desk with nothing on it.  They have to show up every day at 8am, take lunch at a designated time, and can't leave until 5pm.  All the while everybody is working around them and watching them.  I'd be bored to death after only 1 day.

No jaunts to the beach for a free lunch.  No early afternoons off to go drinking.  No overnight trips with your mia noi to resorts with costs being paid for by the country.  And worse, no under the table money.  Huge loss of income.

I have seen people who could sit without moving all the day.....bank, post, government in Europe.

Imagine sitting in a vast office filled with hundreds of Thai people playing Grand Theft Auto, flirting online, reading comics or picking their noses. And getting paid. Heaven!

A few months ago a member posted about these inactive posts.  He said it's a huge embarrassment for the official involved.  They are given a bare desk with nothing on it.  They have to show up every day at 8am, take lunch at a designated time, and can't leave until 5pm.  All the while everybody is working around them and watching them.  I'd be bored to death after only 1 day.

No jaunts to the beach for a free lunch.  No early afternoons off to go drinking.  No overnight trips with your mia noi to resorts with costs being paid for by the country.  And worse, no under the table money.  Huge loss of income.

I have seen people who could sit without moving all the day.....bank, post, government in Europe.

OR, like some in the UK government departments, on we call  " gardening leave"   like for long periods (off with a bad back) cheesy.gif   Full pay for 20+ weeks, then after 15 weeks well enough for another 10 weeks, then repeat.

The Ministry of Inactive Posts urgently needs to move to a larger building due to overcrowding. rolleyes.gif

My landlord is director of one of the national parks mentioned in the article. If he ends up in prison, who do I pay my rent to?

I'm not saying that I know anything about your living accommodations, but it would be of some interest to know how the civil servant you mentioned acquired the funds to develop real estate.  

smile.png

Tesco Sticker Books? blink.png

OR, like some in the UK government departments, on we call  " gardening leave"   like for long periods (off with a bad back) cheesy.gif   Full pay for 20+ weeks, then after 15 weeks well enough for another 10 weeks, then repeat.
This is actually what British people call 'Gardening leave' and it has nothing to do with sick leave of the false kind: (nounBRITISH)
an employee's suspension from work on full pay for the duration of a notice period, typically to prevent them from having any further influence on the organization or from accessing confidential information.