visa office won't return passport

what they are doing is illegal and punishable by law,the passport is the property of the Crown ie H M THE QUEEN and can not be held or kept I suggest you contact the British Embassy in Bangkok as what they are doing is tantamount to Treason by keeping a crown possession

Uh, let's see, treason, "the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/treason). or "the crime of betraying one’s country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government:" (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/treason)

Please explain how a Thai, or the Thai government, can be guilty of treason by holding your UK passport.

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what they are doing is illegal and punishable by law,the passport is the property of the Crown ie H M THE QUEEN and can not be held or kept I suggest you contact the British Embassy in Bangkok as what they are doing is tantamount to Treason by keeping a crown possession

Lighten up Victoria

So The Queen owns all the passports from every country the world does she?
Have I got news for you!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Lighten up Victoria...

Jeez Alan, You make Yanks look pale!

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that the OP has vanished.

....arrested?

He could have been hit by a van. Remember this is a dangerous country when it comes to fatal traffic accidents.....

The OP sought help in the forum "Ask a lawyer" and was advised to report the matter to the police.

I may be wrong but I have the impression that the OP was getting fake stamps in his passport from this "visa agent" and that this company is now perhaps under investigation for alleged criminal activity and refuses to give the passport back or destroyed it because it is evidence of the crime.
  • Like 1

The OP sought help in the forum "Ask a lawyer" and was advised to report the matter to the police.

I may be wrong but I have the impression that the OP was getting fake stamps in his passport from this "visa agent" and that this company is now perhaps under investigation for alleged criminal activity and refuses to give the passport back or destroyed it because it is evidence of the crime.

I think thats a safe bet

Tell them that in Saudi Arabia. They hold your Passport all the time you are their. Other countries as well. I am also sure your government knows about this as it is no secret. Anyone who has worked their knows about it to.   

How do you know it's a British passport? 

Doesn't matter..  ALL passports are property of HM Queen !!!  RULE BRITANNIA!

totster smile.png

Nah, those days are long gone. Scotland will get rid of her too next month, then my passport will be the property of Sean Connery, Ewan McGregor Billy Connolly or whoever becomes our king.

As a fellow Scot and a yes voter, let's hope that it's none of the above.

I would be worried that my passport was being used by someone and comes back with more out/in stamps on it than it had when I last saw it.  IF you get it back, I suggest checking each stamp thoroughly.

Time to involve your embassy.

I would be worried that my passport was being used by someone and comes back with more out/in stamps on it than it had when I last saw it.  IF you get it back, I suggest checking each stamp thoroughly.

Time to involve your embassy.

Maybe that is fine with the OP. People in a contingency doesn't leave their passport to a visa shop to be returned without any new stamp.

if you involve your Embassy you are likely to get into more trouble. If British you have to have an interview to ascertain why you gave your passport to someone other than the Legal immigration office to get a visa or extension.

Seems to be a different OP from the one on this thread. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/746708-visa-lawyer-will-not-return-passports/

I think thats a safe bet

In which case he's probably in a "Catch-22" situation as regards obtaining a replacement passport if a police report is first required by his country's embassy or passport office.

Edited by OJAS

....arrested?

He could have been hit by a van. Remember this is a dangerous country when it comes to fatal traffic accidents.....

I agree with apetley, he was probably arrested for not having a passport.

....arrested?

I agree with apetley, he was probably arrested for not having a passport.

Doubt it.
Its small chance someone stop u a d ask for it...

AlanAunuum is correct.British visas are the property of the British crown. It seems that any mention of Britain brings all the hidden jealousy from out of the woodwork. As for the Scot Neeranam,he can vote for independence so that we english can be rid of him, any time he wants.Who would want to live in a country ruled by a bunch of hotheads.They ll just fade away like the Scotland football team has.

AlanAunuum is correct.British visas are the property of the British crown. It seems that any mention of Britain brings all the hidden jealousy from out of the woodwork. As for the Scot Neeranam,he can vote for independence so that we english can be rid of him, any time he wants.Who would want to live in a country ruled by a bunch of hotheads.They ll just fade away like the Scotland football team has.

it was the treason thing everyone was laughing at