Prosecution team formed to examine Ms Yingluck’s case

Lite Beer

Prosecution team formed to examine Ms Yingluck’s case
%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%

BANGKOK: -- A team of public prosecutors has been set up to scrutinize the National Anti-Corruption Commission’s case file against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the rice pledging scheme.

The four-member team is headed by Mr Wutthipong Vibulwong, the deputy attorney general. The other members are Mr Pongniwat Yutthapanboriparn, the deputy attorney-general; former deputy attorney-general Thavorn Panichaphan; and Mrs Pranee Rattanachaiwong, special prosecutor.

The team will take 30 days to complete examination of the 4,000-page case file of the NACC which has decided to indict Ms Yingluck of gross negligence of duty in supervising the rice pledging scheme causing extensive damage to the state.

Attory-General Trakul Vinichaipark disclosed that Ms Yingluck had asked the Office of Attorney-General to question 50 more witnesses. However, he said that the team of prosecutors would have to examine the case file first to determine whether the case was strong enough or not and whether more evidences are to be needed.

Meanwhile former deputy prime minister and foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul insisted that Ms Yingluck would return home on August 10 as scheduled.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prosecution-team-formed-examine-ms-yinglucks-case/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=prosecution-team-formed-examine-ms-yinglucks-case

[thaipbs]2014-08-10[/thaipbs]

Should we get ready to 'savour' an exquisite menu of delicate apologies and excuses prepared by 'the chef' himself and served by some other family member? Nobody can cook things up as well as a Shin for sure... The early morning her return was announced for is already long gone, hmmm, can't wait... 

So far no sign of the Homecoming Queen.

I wonder if scores of worshippers have flocked to Swampy to await her descent from the heavens.

Does anyone have any news regarding this? Nothing on Thai TV as far as I can tell.

Maybe she's flown into Chiang Mai so the redshirts can protect as they said they would. She'd certainly get a good welcome there I would have thought.

She's flying in from Singapore on a private jet, expected AT between 10pm and midnight. Where I don't know. When the jet would belong to Thaksin, I'd hope there will be big chains available to keep it grounded here for some later compensation... Mind you, this all when the Thai airspace doesn't get closed for all private flights at 10pm precisely 'due to an unspecified terrorist treath'... I never thought I would ever be wishing to be considered a terrorist (actually, I'm more the kind of a 'put a whola in the ayatollah' guy..), but today could be an 'auspicious day', just between 10pm and midnight, only for the fun of seeing a puppet go forth, and back, and forth, to Bkk and back to Sing, and... I guess it would paint a smile of relief on the face of millions of rightfull Thais to see the members of that awfull, evil, family being humiliated, very badly (but in a peacefull way), as a sweet revenge for all their unjust suffering in this century...

• Like 2

She's flying in from Singapore on a private jet, expected AT between 10pm and midnight. Where I don't know. When the jet would belong to Thaksin, I'd hope there will be big chains available to keep it grounded here for some later compensation... Mind you, this all when the Thai airspace doesn't get closed for all private flights at 10pm precisely 'due to an unspecified terrorist treath'... I never thought I would ever be wishing to be considered a terrorist (actually, I'm more the kind of a 'put a whola in the ayatollah' guy..), but today could be an 'auspicious day', just between 10pm and midnight, only for the fun of seeing a puppet go forth, and back, and forth, to Bkk and back to Sing, and... I guess it would paint a smile of relief on the face of millions of rightfull Thais to see the members of that awfull, evil, family being humiliated, very badly (but in a peacefull way), as a sweet revenge for all their unjust suffering in this century...

Do go visit a doctor tomorrow and tell him about your state of brain. Medicines will cure you. In the mean while the doctor, when he is a smart person, will inform you the junta does exactly what Yingluck had planned, to Thailand forward. Copy Cat what we call it. Haldon: strong but efficient. The 'media' got you.
  • Like 1

I wonder if scores of worshippers have flocked to Swampy to await her descent from the heavens.

Does anyone have any news regarding this? Nothing on Thai TV as far as I can tell.

The news in Thailand has better things to do (ordered or not) and that was an avalanche of Down Sydrome related news. To avoid the serious topics.

For every normal thinking person in Thailand this was an exceptional bad week for relevant News Exposure.
  • Like 2

The news in Thailand has better things to do (ordered or not) and that was an avalanche of Down Sydrome related news. To avoid the serious topics.

For every normal thinking person in Thailand this was an exceptional bad week for relevant News Exposure.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

(former) "foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul insisted that Ms Yingluck would return home on August 10 as scheduled."

We're waiting...

Is Yingluck home, it's the 11th.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

(former) "foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul insisted that Ms Yingluck would return home on August 10 as scheduled."

We're waiting...

Is Yingluck home, it's the 11th.

She apparently has arrived on a private jet early this morning, seems to be some confusion as to which airport she arrived at but no doubt that will be clarified soon.

It seems she has been given the task of keeping the shin name in the spotlight.

Yingluck has not engaged in criminal activity regarding the rice deal,

the state wasnt damaged anyway,

there will be no charges, and,

Yingluck is currently considering my marriage proposal, and if she agrees will be living in the palm beaches, in the way she deserves

Yingluck has not engaged in criminal activity regarding the rice deal,

the state wasnt damaged anyway,

there will be no charges, and,

Yingluck is currently considering my marriage proposal, and if she agrees will be living in the palm beaches, in the way she deserves

You deserve each other

• Like 1

Is it mere coincidence that the junta has waited for Yingluck's return to her homeland before checking the case against her will stand up in court? Perhaps they are not exactly brimming with confidence about getting a result and hoped she had done a runner like her big brother. 

The fact that Thailand's high-profile first woman prime minisiter has returned face the discordant music indicates that she, at least, believes her chances of acquittal to be high. One thing is certain -  the prospect of her diminutive figure standing in the dock will be pure theatre to the international media which will turn the event into a feeding frenzy of publicity.

If the prosecution goes ahead and Yingluck is convicted, the question of a suitable punishment must be exercising the minds of the coup leaders. Under their tenure, some pretty swingeing sentences have been inflicted on prominent figures recently - not least the 20-year jail term meted out to media tycoon and former Yellow Shirts leader Sondhi Limthongkul.  

More of the same could risk not only of a hostile backlash from millions of Peua Thai supporters - who have so far remained remarkably docile as their lesser leaders have been routed - but also from an international community largely hostile to the junta's campaign to bring happiness to the people by sidelining elected politicians and redefining democracy.

• Like 1

Is it mere coincidence that the junta has waited for Yingluck's return to her homeland before checking the case against her will stand up in court? Perhaps they are not exactly brimming with confidence about getting a result and hoped she had done a runner like her big brother. 

The fact that Thailand's high-profile first woman prime minisiter has returned face the discordant music indicates that she, at least, believes her chances of acquittal to be high. One thing is certain -  the prospect of her diminutive figure standing in the dock will be pure theatre to the international media which will turn the event into a feeding frenzy of publicity.

If the prosecution goes ahead and Yingluck is convicted, the question of a suitable punishment must be exercising the minds of the coup leaders. Under their tenure, some pretty swingeing sentences have been inflicted on prominent figures recently - not least the 20-year jail term meted out to media tycoon and former Yellow Shirts leader Sondhi Limthongkul.  

More of the same could risk not only of a hostile backlash from millions of Peua Thai supporters - who have so far remained remarkably docile as their lesser leaders have been routed - but also from an international community largely hostile to the junta's campaign to bring happiness to the people by sidelining elected politicians and redefining democracy.

International media?

just exactly who is it that you think cares one iota what goes on in this backward, fuedal  country?

Well, she has returned.

She will be investigated.

I hope the justice will take place.

Frankly speaking I am not concerned too much about what will happen next. It is not my country, not my ex-PM, etc.

But I would really like to see all those "gentlemen" here on TV who were cowardly insulting in many ways and on many levels this woman to eat crow.

"Tragallo perro" as Spanish say meaning -  "Here dog, eat it!".

Bon appetit.