What Israel must do now

Lite Beer

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what "facts" are you trying to present?

The FACT that Americans overwhelming support Israel over the Palestinians and always have. Get to nit-picking and trying to deny the obvious. laugh.png

The "facts" that you presented were not "facts" For me to point out that is not nit-picking. As usual, you avoid things when you are shown to be wrong or misleading.

The video you then produce is also misleading, as in the part where he says "We found absolutely no change in attitudes" at the same time the graph showed no change in attitudes of Israeli supporters but a decided increase in the number of people thinking Hamas is justified. The number that thought Hamas is justified increased by 27% over the weeks that they measured! That is not "absolutely no change" and represents the people who were previously on the fence coming down off the fence. No fence sitters came down off the fence on the Israeli side.

This kind of misleading reporting shows how your biased sources can not be trusted and should be ignored.

Hamas ... it's not just for Gaza anymore.

Based on this information, what Israel MUST continue to do is to further weaken HAMAS.

Hamas in West Bank 'planned to topple Palestinian Authority

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Massive-Hamas-infrastructure-in-West-Bank-planned-to-topple-the-Palestinian-Authority-371409

I have absolutely no problem with Hamas being weakened, depending on how it is done. Murdering children is not a way I support. Tell us why the OP strategy to weaken Hamas won't work.

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 1

This kind of misleading reporting shows how your biased sources can not be trusted and should be ignored.

The same old nitpicking and nonsense. My "source" is Gallup Polls. They are not biased one way or the other or they would have been out of business long ago.

You are the same fellow that "liked" the debunked hoax that "Jews control the media" above, so it is not unexpected that you would think a reputable polling company is biased. There must be a few Jews working there. laugh.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

The same old nitpicking and nonsense. My "source" is Gallup Polls. They are not biased one way or the other or they would have been out of business long ago.

You are the same fellow that "liked" the debunked hoax that "Jews control the media" above, so it is not unexpected that you would think a reputable polling company is biased. There must be a few Jews working there. laugh.png

Twice in a row I have presented you with facts that refute you, and twice in a row you have no substance to come back with so it is quite disingenuously brushed off as "nitpicking".

It shows you have no interest in an honest debate, but simply want to get your deceit propaganda out there. Intelligent people can not take you seriously with that kind of nonsense.

If they are not biased, why don't you address my factual point on how they misled. 'Absolutely no change" yet the graph showed a 27% increase on Hamas side.

That is not nitpicking!

• Like 2

I think in such important matters concerning what American citizens want

their names,morality & tax dollars associated with are concerned...It would

be good if it was voted on. Even a snap vote that is run before any major event

when it comes to financial or military support.

I am not speaking specifically about Israel but any major support militarily,financially, arms supplied etc to any country or faction/goup.

My guess is the US would be in a lot less debt & our reputation as seekers of freedom

& justice would be less tarnished. Not to mention we would also not be so broke ;)

• Like 1

Anyone who says Gallup Polls are a "biased" source and supports the LIE that "Jews control the media" can not be taken seriously. giggle.gif

You STILL can not respond directly to the FACT that your precious Gallup Poll blatantly misled his viewers.

It is clear the report was presented in a biased way, so your claim that I can not be taken seriously really backfires back on to yourself.

• Like 1

Maybe we should have a radical solution to the problem. The creation of Israel was well intentioned but a mistake. Obviously Israel is not capable of living in peace with its neighbours. The other side in this conflict is not performing much better neither. So let's aknowledge that importing all these Jewish populations from all over the world was a mistake. In any case they were not originally from that territory but were French, German etc. citizens. So let's dismantle Israel and take back their population.

I am sure Ulysses and his right wing extremists friends will cry anti-semitism over this...555555555555......

I am sure Ulysses and his right wing extremists friends will cry anti-semitism over this...555555555555......

Don't worry. I will just call stupidity instead. Most Israeli citizens were born there and no one can make them move. laugh.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

A change from 11 to 14 is a 27% increase.

Not when it is already listed according to percentage, as this poll is clearly marked.

Polls based on samples of populations are subject to sampling error which deals with the effects of chance and uncertainty in the sampling process. The uncertainty is expressed as a margin of error, which - in this case - is probably around 3% and is why the narrator said, "We found absolutely no change in attitudes". 3% is not statistically significant.

Gallup is right and you are wrong. What a surprise that is. laugh.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

A change from 11 to 14 is a 27% increase.

Not when it is already listed according to percentage, as this poll is clearly marked.

Polls based on samples of populations are subject to sampling error which deals with the effects of chance and uncertainty in the sampling process. The uncertainty is expressed as a margin of error, which - in this case - is probably around 3% and is why the narrator said, "We found absolutely no change in attitudes". 3% is not statistically significant.

You are not very good at maths. 11 to 14 IS a 27% increase, no argument. No lie.

Now you're guessing and making an assumption about their statistical methods and presenting it as fact. You fail to see that your own word "uncertainty" is a contradiction in terms with "absolute"...look both words up in a dictionary.

As I said, "No significant change" would have been more accurate than the outright deceit of "absolutely" and then only when they choose to incorrectly interpret the 27% as 3%.

Furthermore, the 27% increase in respondents that think Hamas is justified (yes, 3% of all respondents), as I pointed out, all came off the fence in a matter of weeks. What is significant is no fence sitters came off the fence to the Israeli side meaning attitudes towards the conflict, and the way Israel is behaving are trending towards belief Hamas is justified.

I will still need your apology and for you to remove your flame and false accusation. Just stating "Gallup is right and you are wrong" does not make you right. No matter how many times you say it and no matter if you put emoticons with it.

Off-topic posts and replies removed. I think the discussion of media ownership is a little far from the topic of what Israel must do now.

Posts which are inflammatory have also been removed.

As usual you change the truth to serve your hate viewpoints.

I don't have to "change the truth", Facts are facts.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Likely U.S. Voters say that, in the current conflict in Gaza, most Americans are supportive of the Israelis. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only eight percent (8%) believe Americans are more supportive of the Palestinians.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/voters_think_americans_more_supportive_of_israel_than_obama_media_are

A majority of Americans believe that the U.S. should be even-handed in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, but more people sympathize with Israels side of the Middle East split, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll out Tuesday has found.

The poll, conducted July 30-Aug. 3 during ongoing violence in Gaza, found that 53% believed the U.S. should treat Israel and the Palestinians evenly, while 34% said the U.S. should favor the Israelis. Only 4% said the U.S. should favor the Palestinians over the Israelis.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/08/05/u-s-should-be-even-handed-on-israel-palestinians-wsjnbc-poll/

I agree that most of the US public would support anything that is fed to them via the US media - but the US media is no longer credible, and they are losing the battle for viewers to other sources.

They are full of right wing opinion and very little news. No one takes them seriously any more.

A fact attested to by Hilary Clinton who admitted to the US losing the 'information war".

The people of the world are turning to get a fresh take on events, and even Joe Six Pack wont be able to hide from the truth.

Zionists, enjoy the support of the 'majority" of the US public while you can - your days are numbered

• Like 1

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Likely U.S. Voters say that, in the current conflict in Gaza, most Americans are supportive of the Israelis. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that only eight percent (8%) believe Americans are more supportive of the Palestinians.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/voters_think_americans_more_supportive_of_israel_than_obama_media_are

A majority of Americans believe that the U.S. should be even-handed in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, but more people sympathize with Israels side of the Middle East split, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll out Tuesday has found.

The poll, conducted July 30-Aug. 3 during ongoing violence in Gaza, found that 53% believed the U.S. should treat Israel and the Palestinians evenly, while 34% said the U.S. should favor the Israelis. Only 4% said the U.S. should favor the Palestinians over the Israelis.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/08/05/u-s-should-be-even-handed-on-israel-palestinians-wsjnbc-poll/

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” George Orwell

• Like 1

Six Jewish Companies Control 96% Of The World’sMedia

The power of lies, deceptions and disinformation as Americans pay the price of collective stupidity.

“You know very well, and the stupid Americans know equally well, that we control their government, irrespective of who sits in the White House. You see, I know it and you know it that no American president can be in a position to challenge us even if we do the unthinkable. What can they (Americans) do to us? We control congress, we control the media, we control show biz, and we control everything in America. In America you can criticize God, but you can’t criticize Israel…” Israeli spokeswoman, Tzipora Menache

Not sure how reliable those poll's are.

As much as I despise the current Netanyahu administration and the several past administration of Israel, saying that Jews control 96% of the media doesn't help the Palestinian cause at all. Not all Jews are Zionists.

I agree with You. I think majority of Israelis are peace loving people and have absolutely nothing against Palestinian state. The problem is,as it in other countries too, fundamentalists who are in power.

Youtube is filled with material where Israeli's work in the front lines and try to change their country. loads of videos of Israelis demonstrating against their government wanting peace.

Somebody criticized youtube videos as a naive information source. How you can beat first hand,recorded,experiences. In my opinion absolutely the best and most honest,fastest way to pass information,from both sides,are internet videos.

• Like 1

I've followed this topic fairly closely.

A wide range of opinions from far left to far right is amazing.

Every opinion counts and every member is entitled to his own.

Pity that Israel can not be told in unequivocal terms what they must do now from TV standpoint.

I hope they will do what they think is best for them.

Pity that even between Israelis there is no consensus on this question.

But let them do what is best for them - after all it is their fight and so far like it or not they are doing just fine.

Not quoting any posts - this one is for every TV member.

Shalom! As-salaam Aleichem! God loves you all! But I'm afraid he is not proud of us.

Don't worry. I will just call stupidity instead. Most Israeli citizens were born there and no one can make them move. laugh.png

Whilst not taking JPJ's suggestion seriously, as I'm sure his 55555555 shows was not his intention, I would like to point out that ALL Palestinians were born there.

That didn't stop Israel from taking over their lands and kicking them out of Palestine and into refugee camps in Lebanon, Jordan etc.

Wasn't it you who said those refugees should stay in those foreign countries?

• Like 2

So, tell us; what has Israel got to lose by offering to talk with Hamas?

Those links that dr_lucas provided made it very clear, as well as the FACT that there were conditions for talks with the IRA, which you keep trying to deny. You obviously did not read them.

Question dodged; as always.

I agree that most of the US public would support anything that is fed to them via the US media - but the US media is no longer credible, and they are losing the battle for viewers to other sources.

They are full of right wing opinion and very little news. No one takes them seriously any more.

A fact attested to by Hilary Clinton who admitted to the US losing the 'information war".

The people of the world are turning to get a fresh take on events, and even Joe Six Pack wont be able to hide from the truth.

Zionists, enjoy the support of the 'majority" of the US public while you can - your days are numbered

Yes, I think that blind and blinkered support for Israel is changing. It will eventually translate to the ballot box

Gallup poll shows low support among young Americans for Operation Protective Edge
Support amongst Americans is divided, while older Americans are much likelier to say Israel’s actions are justified.
"Older Americans were much likelier to say Israel’s actions were justified: 55 percent of those over 65, 53 percent of those between 50 and 64, 36 percent of those 30-49 and just 25 percent of those 18-29."
There is a growing awareness via social media of how the IDF and Israeli poiice sadistically operate..
US demands Israeli release of American teen
Israel's continued detention of teenager is raising US awareness of the plight of Palestinians.
"Ordinary Israeli officials - policemen, army people - they make a point of insulting you, insulting your US passport, throwing it on the ground, telling you: 'It means nothing to us. You are just a Palestinian and we don't care one wit that you have a US passport."

...for quite a graphic account of how the Israeli police tied him up then kicked him in the face and kidneys until he blacked out.

• Like 1

Israel has to to leave the occupied territories! As long as they continue to steal the land of others there will be never ever peace. The more Palestinians they deliberately kill the stronger Hamas is becoming in the Palestinian community and the more hate is being sawn. If Israel does not stop their human rights abuses this conflict is going to go on for many more generations.

You are correct. Israel must leave the territories. And indeed they have left the majority of the territories and there is still need for further retreat, most direly in Hebron, and to desist building new settlemnets. On the other hand the Arabs must also reciprocate by signing treaties that recognize Israel and they must also stop educating their young people to hate. Peace is always a two-way street. And I see you are beginning to realize the strategy of Hamas, that they invite civilian casualties in order to gain politically. In Gaza, Hamas is the problem and not Israel. Those who focus their discontent solely upon Israel, all the foolish marchers in London and Paris as well as sympathizers here on ThaiVisa are the ones encouraging the Hamas strategy of sacrificing civilians for political gain. The blood of these civilians is upon their hands as well.

You are right. Of course Hamas (not the Arabs, please.....) and the Palestinians need to their part in the peace process. This is absolutely clear. The article is however on what Israel needs to do now and not what the Palestinians need to do. And that is as well clear: as long as they occupy territories which are not duly theirs and as long as they create hate in Palestinians in deliberately killing civilians, bombing schools and killing children, there will be no peace. They have to do that even there are occasional self fabricated mostly harmless bombs falling into territories they control. Hope that finally Israel hardliners, like Uysses G., will understand this. Just bombing and killing more Palestinians will not create peace. No way!

I don't get why "please not the Arabs"? Aren't Hamas and the Palestinians Arabs? Or maybe you think they are Europeans? facepalm.gif

Didn't they teach you in primary school that calling someone an Arab, a Muslim (or a Jew etc.), if that person really is, is not a derogatory term? rolleyes.gif

You were confusing between Israel and Hamas terrorist scums who are deliberately killing civilians, bombing schools and killing children, while using them as human shields (not to mention the innocent Israeli civilians they are constantly targeting).

Or maybe using them as human shields and shooting/storing-arms from the most condense populated areas is OK for you, as long as they serve Hamas propaganda purposes (and yours) to demonize Israel?

Although the article is indeed about what Israel must do, it's quite odd that you find discussion about "what Hamas must do" not welcome. What, in your opinion, Hamas must do?

Do you think Hamas should keep on shooting thousands of rockets into Israeli civilian territories (A grave breach under the Fourth Geneva Convention and a war-crime under international law. Hamas committed such 17,228+ indisputable war-crimes to date, not to mention the thousands of others).

Israel has already bilaterally withdrawn from occupied territories in Gaza, to be instantly "thanked" with rockets and assaults while withdrawing (read: withdrawing under fire!) and thousands more rockets after the withdrawal.

What makes you think that such Israeli bilateral withdrawal from the West Bank, which you are demanding, won't result the same when the Hamas charter is calling for the annihilation of Israel & Hamas leaders clearly state that such a withdrawal is only the first step and that they will not stop until all of the occupied territories AND Israel belongs to them and will be in their hands?

No-one can make them move, but they have done a pretty good job of making the Palestinians move. from the mouth of your founding father Ben Gurion..

http://monabaker.com/quotes.htm

"We must expel Arabs and take their places."

-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

Now you are quoting from a whole website full of FAKE QUOTES. Providing a link does not make them any more real.

We do not wish, we do not need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our aspirations are built upon the assumption proven throughout all our activity in the Land that there is enough room in the country for ourselves and the Arabs.

Letter to his son Amos (5 October 1937), as quoted in Teveth, Shabtai, Ben Gurion: The Burning Ground; and Karsh, Efraim (2000), Fabricating Israeli History: The 'New Historians'; this has been extensively misquoted as "[We] must expel Arabs and take their places" after appearing in this form in Morris, Benny (1987), The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem, 19471949, Cambridge University Press, p. 25.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

No-one can make them move, but they have done a pretty good job of making the Palestinians move. from the mouth of your founding father Ben Gurion..

http://monabaker.com/quotes.htm

"We must expel Arabs and take their places."
-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.
"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."
-- Moshe Dayan, April 1969, Ha'aretz; quoted in Edward Said, 'Zionism from the Standpoint of Its Victims', Social Text, Volume 1, 1979, 7-58.
"Let us not ignore the truth among ourselves ... politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country."
-- David Ben Gurion, quoted on pp 91-2 of Chomsky's Fateful Triangle, which appears in Simha Flapan's "Zionism and the Palestinians pp 141-2 citing a 1938 speech.

One thing I don't get is why anti-Israelis keep choosing manufacturing facts and keep on posting blatant lies to support their biased opinions.

Biased opinions are one thing, but manufacturing facts? That's another thing entirely.

The real Ben Gurion quote was:

"We do not wish, we do not need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our aspirations are built upon the assumption — proven throughout all our activity in the Land — that there is enough room in the country for ourselves and the Arabs."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

I won't even bother with the rest of your quotes, given that this was so easily - debunked.

• Like 2

....5555555.... is quite amazing how you pack up all these zionist hardline arguments to counterattack the fact that Israel has been deliberating bombing schools and killing children and civilians. Actually is really a bit sickening but no way you are going to change, no way you would ever utter a word of regret for these crimes. Israel needs to be made responsible for these crimes against humanity and I hope it will happen once the US administration support fades.

What concerns arguing with you, I think I call it quits here, some people's attitude really makes me feel too sad. As Mark Twain said: “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Bye...

You should read my previous reply to you and your allegations.

As Forrest Gump said: "Stupid is as stupid does". whistling.gif

Au revoir...

• Like 1

So, tell us; what has Israel got to lose by offering to talk with Hamas?

Those links that dr_lucas provided made it very clear, as well as the FACT that there were conditions for talks with the IRA, which you keep trying to deny. You obviously did not read them.

Question dodged; as always.

You should be proud, imitation is the highest form of flattery. whistling.gif

I may have missed the question you asked UG, what was it?