Three Thais arrested in Japan for reckless driving

webfact

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they get more than a 500 baht fine and a slap on the wrist, which is what they might have expected in Thailand.

not only 500bath fine , in thailand you would have to go prison to, im 110% dont speak bullshit,

I reckon you have no idea what you are talking about. You must be Thai.

Go to prison, my hairy arse !!

Read about these 3 for starters..

Vorayudh Yoodvidhaya, Praewa Thapasadhin Na Aythaya, Kanpitak Pachimsawat

They've killed more than a few between them and not one of them has seen the inside of a jail cell

He's a billionaire from one of the most well connected families in Thailand... If this was any random that killed someone while drunk driving he would most certainly go to jail. Some of you thailand bashers are really deluded

No, not deluded, just stating facts. There was also another case where some 'random' driving a pick-up crashed into 2 British cyclists,killing them both, because he was reaching to get his phone. He didn't go to jail, and his fine was the princely sum of B1,000, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

not only 500bath fine , in thailand you would have to go prison to, im 110% dont speak bullshit,

I reckon you have no idea what you are talking about. You must be Thai.

Go to prison, my hairy arse !!

Read about these 3 for starters..

Vorayudh Yoodvidhaya, Praewa Thapasadhin Na Aythaya, Kanpitak Pachimsawat

They've killed more than a few between them and not one of them has seen the inside of a jail cell

He's a billionaire from one of the most well connected families in Thailand... If this was any random that killed someone while drunk driving he would most certainly go to jail. Some of you thailand bashers are really deluded

No, not deluded, just stating facts. There was also another case where some 'random' driving a pick-up crashed into 2 British cyclists,killing them both, because he was reaching to get his phone. He didn't go to jail, and his fine was the princely sum of B1,000, if I remember correctly.

He wasn't drunk

Well i hope the Thai language press reports what happens in 'real' justice systems when one person kills another through recklessness. The fact that they were driving in Japan suggests they are probably wealthy. I think confusion must be going through their minds right now. How can I be in jail? All I did was have a few drinks, and it was only a student who died.

Trouble for them is; the on bail and use of the 'Singapore Option' isn't on the table, Japan has a real justice system, fairly equally applied to all. Maybe as part of our collective 'Return To Happiness' the same people who cry reform, Rid Corruption, might decide that it applies to them and their rich kid offspring and decide that no human being in this country is above the law

Duh, what am I thinking, fanciful nonsense!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hope they get more than a 500 baht fine and a slap on the wrist, which is what they might have expected in Thailand.

Unless it's all changed, and that's doubtful, Japanese society is very serious about drunk driving and the penalties are severe, plus serious shaming by society, including at workplaces etc.

When I worked In Japan (Osaka) one of my western colleagues (an engineer) was caught by the police, he lost his license, was fined a hefty amount and came close to deportation. He was warned do it again and straight to jail.

His Japanese work colleagues reduced their contact with him to just enough to get on with the work, they pretty much ostracized him, refused to have any friendly contact, refused to sit with hin the company canteen, and he had to make new arrangements to get to and from the work site because the driver and the passengers refused to allow him access to the company bus from the train station. His annual bonus was also cancelled. He quickly asked to be repatriated home.

There were questions whether he was getting unfair treatment by the law and his colleagues because he was a foreigner, and it quickly became obvious we was getting the exact same treatment as local Japanese.

Edited by scorecard

The most important thing when an accident occurs and especially an accident which causes death, is to make sure the conditions don't cause a similar accident. Hopefully, all people get the message that it isn't acceptable to operate a vehicle when under the influence of alcohol. Many countries enforce this regulation and education their population. I have seen some commercials in Thailand where the young daughter refuses to ride with her father who is obviously enebriated - and he is embarassed. Definitely, more education needs to be done for Thailand and enforcement for those who disobey the laws and put others and themselves in jeopardy regardless of their financial standing or that of their parents.

RIP to the Japanese who was killed and speedy recovery to those that were injured.

• Like 1

The passenger in the front was arrested for holding the beer for the driver while he was busy driving.

The rear passenger was arrested because his weight increased the momentum of the car when the accident occurred, causing the driver to not be able to stop the car in a shorter distance than expected.

laugh.png

Trust me, in Japan, it doesn't matter who their daddy is, his money there won't mean crap to the Japanese authorities. They can kiss their asses good bye.

that`s true, because they are so <deleted> rude and rasistic.

And the Thai authorities aren't?

Clearly you have not experienced the Thai authorities as a foreigner here.

• Like 1

Trust me, in Japan, it doesn't matter who their daddy is, his money there won't mean crap to the Japanese authorities. They can kiss their asses good bye.

that`s true, because they are so <deleted> rude and rasistic.

So you mean that because you cannot bribe your way through the Japanese legal system that makes the Japanese racist and rude? I am sorry but could you please enlighten us a bit on that view?

• Like 1

I'm interested to know how they can charge 3 for wreckless driving, when only one was at the wheel.

One can be charged for accompanying a drunken driver, but three can't be in possession of the wheel at the same time, unless they had a different agenda when driving. wink.png

Yes; spot-on; I was wondering the very same ! !

• Like 1

Interesting to see a first world justice system in action. No names released and no moronic photos of the perps with the family of the deceased pointing at them. And no 500 THB fine...

Also very interesting that the killing has prompted the Japanese to call for the end of free visa on arrivals for Thais.

• Like 1

Dangerous any where they drive. Uh oh, doesn't matter who their daddy is, they are in Japan.

You mean it`s only Thais that drive recklessly, meaning there are no exceptions and they all have the same traits. I guess that you consider yourself as a model driver wherever you go and consider that your basic mentality is well above the Thais.

I am not trying to defend these people in anyway, but to me you come across as arrogant and just another Thai basher.

The headline, should read. Drunk Thai driver, kills student!

OR....

Another Thai drivers kills more cyclists this time in Japan.

Pattaya One got it about right.

Drunk Thai driver kills cyclist in Japan
Posted on August 18, 2014

A car with three Thais hit two Japanese students on bicycles in Japan last week, killing one of them instantly and leaving the other in critical condition, according to Asahi, a Japanese local television network.

I'm interested to know how they can charge 3 for wreckless driving, when only one was at the wheel.

One can be charged for accompanying a drunken driver, but three can't be in possession of the wheel at the same time, unless they had a different agenda when driving. wink.png

Japan's drunk driving law states that the passengers are also responsible for allowing a drunken person to get behind the wheel.

A very good law, if I may add.

Why don't you and answer my query, instead of obfuscating exactly what I replied with?

How can 3 be charged with wreckless driving when only 1 is driving? Does that reach your brain-cell?

I wrote, "accompanying a drunken driver" is a chargeable offence - that is clear. If your English is not able to interpret the word 'accompany', I'll explain; It means "getting into the car with a drunken driver"........ as a "passenger".... now is that any clearer?

In addition, please tell me, again in your misdirection of my forum post.., how can 3 people be charged with wreckless driving of 1 (one) vehicle.

Were they all up each others anuses simultaneously in 1 seat - with hands on the wheel?

Japan's drunk driving law states that the passengers are also responsible for allowing a drunken person to get behind the wheel.

A very good law, if I may add.

Why don't you and answer my query, instead of obfuscating exactly what I replied with?

How can 3 be charged with wreckless driving when only 1 is driving? Does that reach your brain-cell?

I wrote, "accompanying a drunken driver" is a chargeable offence - that is clear. If your English is not able to interpret the word 'accompany', I'll explain; It means "getting into the car with a drunken driver"........ as a "passenger".... now is that any clearer?

In addition, please tell me, again in your misdirection of my forum post.., how can 3 people be charged with wreckless driving of 1 (one) vehicle.

Were they all up each others anuses simultaneously in 1 seat - with hands on the wheel?

They have been arrested. They don't seem to have been charged yet.

I'm pretty sure when they sort out who was driving, the charges will be appropriate for the roles they each played.

• Like 1

Like the Red bull heir?

Money talks in Thailand ... there is a price for everyhthing