Donating Used Glasses and Lens

connda

I've just got a couple of new sets of lens for my glasses. I have one pair of used frames and two sets of progressive lens. In the US you could donate these to the Lion's Club. Is there any organizations in Thailand that accept donated glasses and lens?

Mr Google comes up with this one:

GLASSES: Many of Thailand's underprivileged children with poor eyesight can only dream of owning a pair of glasses. Mettapracharak Hospital's Eyeglasses Bank in Nakhon Prathom province is trying to make these dreams a reality. Those who want to donate money or old eyeglasses to support the Mettapracharak (Wat Raikhing) Hospital's Eyeglasses Bank can contact Dr Pannet Pangputhipong at (034) 321-983-5, 321-244, 225-417-20 or fax (034) 321-243. The Mettapracharak (Wat Raikhing) Hospital is located at 52 Moo 2, tambon Raiking, Sam Phran district, Nakhon Prathom province, 73210.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Mac.

cheap glasses of the 100 baht variety are simple reading glasses used by older people. Prescription eyeglasses are another thing entirely and cost considerably more. Thus well worth donating.

Here's another one, but you'd need to check if they need eyeglasses. I've donated household goods in the past.

http://www.mercycentre.org/

This is Fr Joe Maier's outfit, in the newspapers now and then reporting good deeds in Klong Toey slums.

Mac

Thanks. I actually have a very good friend who works with Father Joe.

Dan