Latest reveal of assets by graft buster of Yingluck cabinet shows Pongthep is the richest

webfact

Latest reveal of assets by graft buster of Yingluck cabinet shows Pongthep is the richest

2-4-2014-9-14-32-PM-wpcf_728x413-wpcf_72

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) today revealed the assets of 13 former ministers of the Yingluck cabinet showing Mr Pongthep Thepkanchana is the richest with over three billion baht.

The poorest is Mr Santi Prompat with 14 million baht in assets.

The latest disclosure involved 13 former cabinet ministers in 14 positions of the Yingluck cabinet whose terms in office had expired for one full year now on June 29, 2014.

The former deputy prime minister and education minister Pongthep, his spouse and children have the combined assets of 3.014 billion baht, the highest of all the former ministers.

Coming second is Pol Lt-Gen Chad Kunadilok and spouse of 619.2 million baht in assets, and third is former prime minister Pol Capt Chalerm Yoobamrung and spouse of 171 billion baht in assets.

Former PM’s Office minister Niwatthamlong Boonsongpaisan and spouse have 122 million baht, former PM’ Office minister Ms Sansanee Nakapong has 56.7 million baht, former defence minister ACM Sukampol Suwannatat has 52.7 million baht, former industry minister Thanit Thienthong, 46 million baht, former agriculture minister Yuttapong Charasathien 42.8 billion baht, former labour minister Padermchai Sasomsap 37.24 million baht, former natural resources and environment minister Preecha Rengsomboonsook 32.57 million baht.

Others are Wirawat Uah-apinyakul, 17.44 for baht, Boonsong Teriyapirom, 16.62 million baht, and former social and human security minister Santi Prompat 14 million baht.

(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/latest-reveal-assets-graft-buster-yingluck-cabinet-shows-pongthep-richest/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-26

It is nice to know that but the important figures are not published.

Those figures are the difference between their current wealth and what they declared when they came to power and whether in the time that they were serving did they become "unusually" rich.

Are you seriously saying that the NACC would pass up any chance they had of penalising any PTP MP if they were discovered to be "unusually rich"? Ergo, no evidence has been found that they are unusually rich, otherwise the NACC would have been all over them like a cheap suit.

Meanwhile not a word about applying their same "stringent" standards to the junta.

• Like 1

While we are all well aware that often those in government and parliaments around the world come from influential moneyed backgrounds and in the majority of cases it's ''old money.''

Here it is all new money accrued how and by what means? Commission payments etc?

The amounts are positively obscene and clearly show that those who were in office were and are nothing more than born again opportunist.

opportunist

On an average day to day basis, an opportunist is a person who takes immediate advantage of an opportunity to achieve a goal and doesn't even think about the morals, ethics, principles or consequences of that action. They tend to put expediency over morality.

I presume you're including politicians of all parties in your "rage against the machine"? You did of course post similar thoughts when the outgoing Democrat Party's assets were revealed didn't you?

...........Chalerm Yoobamrung and spouse of 171 billion baht in assets...............

That'll soon be pished down the bog!!! burp.gif

cheesy.gif

That billion must be a typo or he would be way up the top of the list.....should read million.

While he was in the police force he was to be investigated for unusual wealth but did a runner to Denmark for several years till it was forgotten.

Even with the cost of ear medication he has still managed to increase that unusual wealth.

Possibly it could do with managing to put most of it on someone elses tab, as per the billions spent by CAPO.

No police officer, lieutenant or even Chief could earn 171 million in a life time, on their basic salary.

Chalerm does not originate from a rich family - which indicates only one thing.... "CORRUPTION"

However, we all know this.

As I have been asking for months.. where is the transparency in the GENERALS' accounts? That is; before in 2 years time we hear Thailand is completely bankrupt!

Note generals', and not general's.. :P

Those figures are the difference between their current wealth and what they declared when they came to power and whether in the time that they were serving did they become "unusually" rich.

Are you seriously saying that the NACC would pass up any chance they had of penalising any PTP MP if they were discovered to be "unusually rich"? Ergo, no evidence has been found that they are unusually rich, otherwise the NACC would have been all over them like a cheap suit.

Meanwhile not a word about applying their same "stringent" standards to the junta.

I seriously can not believe that you believe that people like Chalerm are not bent. Do you seriously believe that Chalerm has not done everything in his power to make sure he is not prosecuted? Possibly he has been talking and helping to expose some of the weapons networks ,etc. I don't think there is any limit to what he would do to save his skin. If you believe differently, you are more naïve than I would have thought.

I think you ought to read my post again, slowly this time, so what I said is understood.

I've had another look at my post and for the life of me I cannot see where I said I believed that people like Chalerm are not "bent". What I did say was if there were any evidence of unusual wealth gained after entering government in 2011 the NACC would be on it in a flash.

...........Chalerm Yoobamrung and spouse of 171 billion baht in assets...............

That'll soon be pished down the bog!!! burp.gif

cheesy.gif

Wow. Richer than Bill Gates.

No wonder he can afford a Pink Bentley similar to like Paris Hilton's.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That'll soon be pished down the bog!!! burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif alt=burp.gif width=42 height=36>

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Interesting to see where all that came from, being an ex-policeman and all.

with returns like that he should give financial info about where to invest

most Thai's dont even know how many zeros in a million

but 171 billion is serious coin

my congratulations to him and his amazing investment strategies

No. I am not so please don't twist my words to suit yourself.

The topic in case you had forgotten was the revalation of assets by some 13 PTP politicians. Nothing to do with the junta, Democrats or anybody else.

The figures given were of their assets when they left power. There was no mention of the article of what their assets were before nor was there any mention of the difference between the two.

There was nothing at all political in my comment.

Your comment however shows up your bias.

• Like 2

I seriously can not believe that you believe that people like Chalerm are not bent. Do you seriously believe that Chalerm has not done everything in his power to make sure he is not prosecuted? Possibly he has been talking and helping to expose some of the weapons networks ,etc. I don't think there is any limit to what he would do to save his skin. If you believe differently, you are more naïve than I would have thought.

I think you ought to read my post again, slowly this time, so what I said is understood.

I've had another look at my post and for the life of me I cannot see where I said I believed that people like Chalerm are not "bent". What I did say was if there were any evidence of unusual wealth gained after entering government in 2011 the NACC would be on it in a flash.

"I think you ought to read my post again, slowly this time, so what I said is understood"

Ahh, the old Fab4 is back with his belittling and condescension. I cannot fail to notice the "rubics cube" approach is back too where one needs to decipher your posts or "solve" them lest you have to reply again explaining what you really meant if they decipher it wrong.

Bring out the WW2 Navajo code breakers. Fab4 is back!!!!

Comparing chalerm to the Right Honorable Ahbisit with assists of 51.7 million baht one would wonder if being a policeman is a more profitable business than being a Prime Minister. It goes without saying of course that chalerm is unusually rich, but "donations" and "gifts" are not considered unusual wealth. When a man like Chalerm can get his son off murder charges when there was a night club of witnesses that all lost their memory of the incident then one can be assured that same man knows how to "work the system" to his benefit.

This is why reform is needed.

Was that the son who was in charge of the "rice warehousing" for the rice scheme, or the one who was in charge of the Thai railways while they were negotiating the new leases of "Chat a chuck " markets??? How bent can one family be?? facepalm.gifbah.gifwai.gif