Kawasaki unveiling some new Ninja

mania

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without knowing any details of the street version, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna want it (though that doesn't mean I'll ever get it). It's a sick-looking bike, and as pretty (to me- remember, I'm a guy who thought the Hayabusa looked good;)) as the Panigale.

Without even seeing the final number you know it is going to be a beast.

Would have to guess it will be as light as a ZX10R or close

The ZX10r is only 436lbs/198kg curb weight

So 296hp figured same as everyone else at crank gives

a power to weight of 0.67

The 1199 Panigale is about the same weight & 197 hp or 0.47pwr puts that in perspective

Something like 50% more on tap

Almost scary to imagine wink.png

Edited by mania

Finally a real Japanese Superbike that can go toe to toe with Ducati. Not just in performance terms but also in design. It's a work of art!

The japs know how to sell bikes and their power and art work seem to be way ahead of ducati.

There's no doubting that now for sure. That bike is sick. We need a price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bhp figure is staggering :)

In truth most people can't ride a 10 year old litre bike anywhere near it's potential so I'm not sure who can make use of almost 300 bhp but it would be fun to experience it on a huge track for sure. Very impressive figures.

That bhp figure is staggering smile.png

In truth most people can't ride a 10 year old litre bike anywhere near it's potential so I'm not sure who can make use of almost 300 bhp but it would be fun to experience it on a huge track for sure. Very impressive figures.

Wonder what it will do on sukhumvit between lights

Depends who's riding it at 6pm.

Most people, losing to a Fino.

Wunderman, beating the airplanes overhead, because that's how brilliant he is.

Edited by Brizzy

With those wings? Scratch a lot of taxis I'd imagine...

I'm not sold on the looks of the bike but if numbers can back up the appearance that would be nice.

Even if the aerodynamics don't provide a benefit, the sheer power of the engine will guarantee success.

McLaren street cars are very ugly to me but I suspect people buy them for the perfomance while they still get a Lambo/Ferrari for looks.

Hope everything in this trickles down fast to smaller and more affordable bikes.

Just rounding, but if ~300ps from 1 liter is now; perhaps in 5-10 years we can see a 250cc with 75ps.

I really want a compact, under 100kg, 125cc with 30HP.

Now that would be perfect for BKK traffic but I will probably be too old to ride by the time something like that hits the market.

It's great to see a smaller bike company (although part of a massive conglomerate) push the industry forward.

How will other bike companies react?

I hope they fight and come up with competitive bikes or take the ideas and make them more accessible to normal income earners.

Wacky and insane, but cool; I hope to see it at a motor show soon.

Edited by ttakata

^

That's based on the UK price- the Thai market bases their prices on US MSRP, which will probably be a bit lower. Still, I think we'll see a price of ~2mil give-or-take for the street version- that's around what a Panigale R goes for here.

If the Street version has the same engine but with a reversible retuning and dumped the carbon it wouldn't be too bad.

Yeah I think 2 million (maybe a touch more) in LOS. That's if it ever comes here of course, there's no ZX10R so I wouldn't be too sure. I guess RedBaron could get one but servicing would be interesting.

The 2015 S1000RR which was announced yesterday would be a safer bet I think (even if it's significantly down on power to the H2), although the DDC which is the upgrade I was interested in appears to be optional which is a shame as Thailand imported the non-DDC version of the S1000R. Hopefully they'll bring the DDC model this time...

The 2015 S1000RR which was announced yesterday would be a safer bet I think (even if it's significantly down on power to the H2),

That is also a very beautiful well engineered bike

About the power thing............

Of course we all agree the more the merrier but at some point it becomes

an all you can eat buffet.........lots of waste as most can only eat so much wink.png

It is like someone came out with a triple artery slammer burger with four quarter pound patties on it Wow!!

........But then someone else comes out with a six patty burger laugh.png

Edited by mania

Now that would be perfect for BKK traffic but I will probably be too old to ride by the time something like that hits the market.

You are not too old, 'cause its out there now. Its called the Aprilia RS 125.

You are not too old, 'cause its out there now. Its called the Aprilia RS 125.

And the nsr 150 sp had 39 but not sure about the weight. I can easily lift the front myself

The 2015 S1000RR which was announced yesterday would be a safer bet I think (even if it's significantly down on power to the H2),

That is also a very beautiful well engineered bike

About the power thing............

Of course we all agree the more the merrier but at some point it becomes

an all you can eat buffet.........lots of waste as most can only eat so much wink.png

It is like someone came out with a triple artery slammer burger with four quarter pound patties on it Wow!!

........But then someone else comes out with a six patty burger laugh.png

already available

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/phone/menu-mobile.html