Prosecutors decide not to indict Yingluck on the rice case

webfact

I did a thorough check on the history, and a complete evaluation of rice in warehouses has never been done before. And they have been selling rice since the 1800's. I have to ask, why has there never been a tight monitor on the rice stockpiles, even now, and why is there no plan in place to monitor the country's warehouses in the future? When they found the stacked rice with no sacks in the middle I literally laughed my butt off. Now I have no rear end and either stand or lay down.

I want to know why the biggest cookie jar in the country is on the front porch, with no lid, and no one is talking about watching the jar, checking its contents consistently, or putting a guard dog on it. Seems damning and suspect that in all this sound and fury -- there is no talk of watching the cookie jar now or in the future.

My assumption is that the rice, like illegal teacher's visa runs, illegal workers and a corrupt MOE are just too profitable to scrutinize......

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is all about "face". After all the bluster and speculation it now transpires that there is no evidence. Solution: send it to a committee and it will be quietly forgotten.

You are like a scratched record...

What has been said is the evidence is incomplete and the case needs to be strengthened...

Wanchai Rujanawong, spokesman for the Office of the Attorney-General, said the setting up of the joint committee was aimed at strengthening and plugging all the loopholes in the case so that it would be "perfect" before public prosecutors brought Yingluck before the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions.

The committee will be set up within 14 days.

Wanchai said he decided to conduct more investigations because he did not want to see the case rejected by the court.

"We need to show the court in detail how the accused committed the crimes. You cannot just say summarily that corruption took place at every stage if the scheme without elaborating. You need to tell the court how the corruption happened," he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Attorney-General-declines-to-prosecute-Yingluck--f-30242520.html as per post #5

I do not think there is any doubt as to her guilt but what was the crime? complicity, negligence, dereliction of duty or incompetence???

Is the NACC guilty of malfeasance for the improperly and incomplete investigation and wasting tax payer money?

Do you think the NACC spent 800 billion baht on the investigation? Surely it is a waste of tax payer money to investigate things such as the rice pledging scheme. blink.png

Quiet deal done by the General

Yeah, well you might be more than right there, seeing as half the generals support KS

I wonder when the last jet arrived full of US$ paying more millions... maybe 2 or 3 days ago?

I've been asking for transparency since May, but not to ado... nothing.

My feelings are alarming and raising red flags ( to excuse the non-intended pun).... KS might be back before any of us knew it possibly possible.

Heed these words.

"We need to show the court in detail how the accused committed the crimes. You cannot just say summarily that corruption took place at every stage if the scheme without elaborating. You need to tell the court how the corruption happened," he said.

You can in the Supreme Court of TVF. coffee1.gif

Not with judge Fab4 presiding.

From the many articles about the real investigation into the warehouses, it is clear that some corruption occurred. Some missing, some of a lower quality than documented & some of dubious origin.

Personally I don't think YL was directly involved in personal enrichment from the scheme. Some 'friends of PTP' very likely did enrich themselves. YL saying that no corruption occurred is normal political BS and those who 'didn't find any corruption' would be very difficult to charge.

I'm not surprised at this news as pursuing a weak case would be worse than dropping it. I suspect that it will fade into oblivion.

There are hundreds of people in the chain to report and handle corruption before her. Why aren't they on trial?

She's a thick as a brick but, stupidity is not a tangible defense. It happened under her watch; that and many other stupid things. Someone has to go down for it.

"Someone or some persons have to go to prison for a very long time" said old lady picking mushrooms on government land.

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 1

Good because she didn't do anything, can't indict without evidence.

The most accurate summary I have seen of her time in office. She didn't show up for Parliament, she obviously didn't do her job as chairman of the rice committee , etc, etc. Your comment concise and absolutely true, she did nothing.

From the many articles about the real investigation into the warehouses, it is clear that some corruption occurred. Some missing, some of a lower quality than documented & some of dubious origin.

Personally I don't think YL was directly involved in personal enrichment from the scheme. Some 'friends of PTP' very likely did enrich themselves. YL saying that no corruption occurred is normal political BS and those who 'didn't find any corruption' would be very difficult to charge.

I'm not surprised at this news as pursuing a weak case would be worse than dropping it. I suspect that it will fade into oblivion.

There are hundreds of people in the chain to report and handle corruption before her. Why aren't they on trial?

She was the boss! They were all her appointees and employees. She was the PM... The highest government official in Thailand! Think of her as "Christ on the Cross"... Leaders have to pay for the sins of their followers.

Edited by Local Drunk

If you buy a defective product, return it to the point of purchase, do you want to talk to the salesperson or the manager?

This should not be unexpected.... So many have been cleared of all charges recently on both side that it would not surprise me if a deal was made so the Junta could move the country forward without any uprisings of the people.

The only thing I hope will not happen is that they let her brother come back without a lengthy prison sentence.

Let YL do her shopping trips and stay out of politics... Let Suthep study his new found religion as a monk and stay out of politics. Keep the peace and make so none of the old get a chance to form new parties or run in any future elections. Prison is not going to make YL feel guilty for losing the country billions of THB and for the lies she stated that all the rice was in inventory and all was of good quality. She has done her merits for this already. Thailand will never recoup the money lost for her deeds.

They should fine her - recoup the money from her shopping account.

If you buy a defective product, return it to the point of purchase, do you want to talk to the salesperson or the manager?

The manager of coarse.

....surely not the end.

Everybody knows there is massive corruption in the scheme. Warnings came literally from all over the world. Over 500 billion of losses. Farmers with no money. Most stored rice in bad condition. All happened when clueless Yingluck never went to any meetings concerning the management of the scheme. Even though she was in charge if it and PM at the time. AND she was charged for being negligent.

On the bright side, Yingluck still doesn't know what is really going to happy. That should keep the Shins quiet for a bit longer. More time to clean up their mess.

I fail to see the point of all this, and the paying of hundreds of millions of baht to Lawyers when the result will be, "we the court find you Guilty, sentenced to 15 years, but commuted to 1 day probation because you have never been in prison before". A total waste of time for everyone except the lawyers.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Where is the evidence that 500 billion baht cannot be accounted for? This was a subsidy program - the government bought the rice at a higher than market price, and sold at market price.

This is the problem bruce64, the rice was not sold, the rice is rotting in the warehouses. They are talking about giving it away as foreign aid. It's crap, garbage, rat and roach food. Thus, the money is gone, wasted, frittered away on a money wasting, vote buying, idiotic scheme.

The headline could have more accurately read "not yet to indict". The evidence needs organising for a criminal case, and efforts need be made to fill evidential gaps. I don't find it surprising for the AG to opt for the joint AG-NACC committee approach.

It is my fervent wish that you are right. The cynic side of me says that this is a common way to draw out the process untill nobody cares, or until everyone involved is too old to stand trial.

Let's hope you're right though, and that justice will come to those who have so callously squandered the country's money which is, after all, our hard-earned tax money.

and governments in west squander lots more n banker <deleted> and rest Corruption here is mild compared with UK and west its just more hidden in UK and west and legal bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Enough evidence to warrant a government's removal but not enough to support a prosecution ?

Just saying.

There was not anything that warranted the government's removal. That is the point. As a show of faith and an effort to avert soon to be unavoidable bloodshed the PM disbanded parliament, effectively neutralizing her office; the only prominent figure even remotely interested in averting what promised to be otherwise unavoidable bloodshed. She in effect acquiesced to thuggery. The military's constitutional obligation should have been to defend the legally seated government and protect its constituency from treasonous insurgencies. By not doing this they effectively removed all hope for the voiceless in Thai society, demonstrated unequivocally that change is outside of the realm of possibility for those who needed it most.

There has always been an avenue in place for unseating a democratically elected government and/or prime minister, but it requires tact, diplomacy and a willingness to put ones ideas before the people in a civilized manner and allow them to either sink or swim based on merit. It is called the electoral process and has worked for both developing and already developed nations for decades now. Ask yourself this. What percentage of military coups has precipitated a modern democracy? I hear that our former hero is now a monk. Hopefully cloistered.

The thing that warranted the care-taker government's removal was the stalemate and the violence. Yingluck disbanded parliament because she thought an election would make the protesters go away.

Didn't the military recently protect a legally seated government and protect it from a treasonous insurgency. That didn't go so well for them, did it.

The last coup in Thailand that unseated a democratically elected government was in 1991.

Peru seems like a modern democracy. Would you count South Korea as a modern democracy?

• Like 1

The naysayers are so use to saying no, typical, and what ever else comes to mind that they still get it wrong if if they read the main info on the thread. What is it with a few who always want to find something negative when there is nothing negative

She was the boss! They were all her appointees and employees. She was the PM... The highest government official in Thailand! Think of her as "Christ on the Cross"... Leaders have to pay for the sins of their followers.

Where in the world does that happen?

t