Likely ban on e-cigarettes, Baraku supported

Lite Beer

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's anti-smoking movement supported the Commerce Ministry's plan to ban the imports of electronic cigarettes and Baraku.

Prakit Wathisathokkit, secretary-general of the Action on Smoking and Health Foundation Thailand, said in a statement that both products cause greater health and economic problems.

He noted that there are mixed researches on the benefits of e-cigarettes. Yet, the fact that some giant cigarette makers are producing the e-cigarettes showed their long-term dream to create a new addictive product.

A recent British study found that smokers were about 60 per cent more likely to stop smoking if they used e-cigarettes. Yet, other studies have found those who switched to e-cigarettes were less likely or no more likely to quit than if they used a patch or gum.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Likely-ban-on-e-cigarettes-Baraku-supported-30242561.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-04

I have the good fortune to live in Issan and 3 times a week I can go to Cambodia, via the crossing in Ban Kruat and purchase 200 Texas 5 for the vast sum of 95 Baht. I hasten to add I do not go 3 times a week 200 are enough for me, also no passport control, viss issues etc. And the Scotch is much cheaper also.

What else would an anti-smoking movement do but support bans ? These creatures live to put bans on every imaginable thing.

Good luck BTW. The components of e-cigs are basic electronics and some metal parts, the juices made from readily available components used in food. Nicotine is the only component that can't be bought off the shelf.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

i would be interested in knowing how u get into Cambodia ( an out an back into Thailand) wihtout going thru passport control?

The informal crossing is managed by Rangers on both sides, there is no passport control, hand ID in on the Thai side, if alone a Thai driving licence will surfice, or your partners ID Card, but there is a "Customs" check, 200 cigs, 4 cans of beer (I normally buy Black Panther or Ankor) and 1 litre of spirits.

There is a relatively large market on the Cambodian side, not much on the Thai side. Drive there, foot traffic only accross the border. Everyone in Buriram knows/uses it.

Would you like GPS for it?

• Like 1

Prakit Wathisathokkit, secretary-general of the Action on Smoking and Health Foundation Thailand, said in a statement that both products cause greater health and economic problems.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Likely-ban-on-e-cigarettes-Baraku-supported-30242561.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-09-04

It's not about health it's about taxes.

The more smokers shift from sigarets to e-sigarets the less taxes will go to the government.

So let the smokers smoke sigarets because it's good for the tax revenue.

This statement "economic problems" is what it's all about! Economic problems for the consumer or economic problems for the government who can not fill their pockets through taxes!! I have an e-cig and I still buy normal cigs as well depending on my moods. These guys just don't know when to stop taxing anything. Next they will have people coming around taxing peoples lung capacity, stating that they are breathing too much oxygen! Complete Morons!!

Edited by Eddy B
  • Like 1

Although E-Cigarettes have done the trick for me,and I am now a non smoker,many others who have switched from tobacco products,do not understand where E-Cigarettes fit into the weaning off process of becoming a non smoker. Basically start off E-Cigs at a high level,say 25mg smoke at this strength for a few weeks and then reduce the E-Cigs to 20mg...15mg.... 10mg and finally 6mg which the nicotine content will feel like smoking fresh air,this is the time you are getting the last of the nicotine poison out of your system,and your reliance on nicotine is very low! To reiterate E-Cigarettes are only a means to an end,and not a replacement for Cigartte products! in the end we all have to bite the bullet,and finish with E-Cigarettes loaded with nicotine,which finishing with nicotine is the ultimate objective!

Always remember Nicotine is not your friend!

http://www.nicotinevictims.com/poison.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine_poisoning

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 2

What else would an anti-smoking movement do but support bans ? These creatures live to put bans on every imaginable thing.

Good luck BTW. The components of e-cigs are basic electronics and some metal parts, the juices made from readily available components used in food. Nicotine is the only component that can't be bought off the shelf.

"Nicotine is the only component that can't be bought off the shelf."

The same with all dangerous controlled products!

How dare anyone find a cheap way to enjoy tobacco without the much higher health risks (and more importantly)THE TAXES?

Why, this could cause a cultural; meltdown.

There is no tobacco in a personal vaporizer (or e-cigarette). The liquid used in a personal vaporizer is made of propylene glycol (PG) and/or vegetable glycerin (VG), flavoring, and nicotine can be optionally added.

• Like 2

"Nicotine is the only component that can't be bought off the shelf."

The same with all dangerous controlled products!

Just go buy some tobacco in the market and distill out the oils

i would be interested in knowing how u get into Cambodia ( an out an back into Thailand) wihtout going thru passport control?

The informal crossing is managed by Rangers on both sides, there is no passport control, hand ID in on the Thai side, if alone a Thai driving licence will surfice, or your partners ID Card, but there is a "Customs" check, 200 cigs, 4 cans of beer (I normally buy Black Panther or Ankor) and 1 litre of spirits.

There is a relatively large market on the Cambodian side, not much on the Thai side. Drive there, foot traffic only accross the border. Everyone in Buriram knows/uses it.

Would you like GPS for it?

cool, so its not an official crossing. just for thais shopping? thats a change, usually its the other way around :-)

Interesting, perhaps I should stop using my electronic cigarette and go back to the Marlboro.

It's one or the other and the e-cigarettes appear to be harmless.

Exactly... quite stupid isn't it.

At last there was an acceptable replacement, and I as a non-smoker need not be subjected to second hand smoke.

So now they want to ban them and guess what, regular cigarettes will be back in my face!

• Like 2

Most smokers are inconsiderate.

Even with the E cigs!

This week I was dinning in a fine restaurant and two men were puffing on their E cigs and the smoke was so annoying I had to move the plates and glasses to another table.

In view of the foregoing, I'm in favor of a ban on E cigs.

I see idiots stomping out lite cigarettes on hard wood floors in restaurants where they should not even be smoking.

The streets and sidewalks are littered with them.

If you smoke, be considerate.

Edited by Kabula

The whole e cig thing seems to be a tax thing because most research show it to be more healthy as normal smoking.

Or, one is less healthy than the other ;)

Always an important point, and one which makes us ecig users favour some form of regulation. Buying our liquid under the counter is going to involve some risks - it would be nice if it didn't. Just FYI, one bottle of liquid I have is made in Hong Kong by Ritchy Group Ltd. The ingredients are listed thus - propylene glycol, glycerol, water, Italian flavours (?). Other bottles I havr bought contain no info at all, so a bit dodgy.

Every now and then I get a craving for a cigarette. Don't know if it's nicotine related or just a hangover from years of lighting up. But one puff on the ecig (no nic) and all is well in my world :). A pox on those who would deny me this.

many others who have switched from tobacco products,do not understand where E-Cigarettes fit into the weaning off process of becoming a non smoker.

To reiterate E-Cigarettes are only a means to an end,and not a replacement for Cigartte products! in the end we all have to bite the bullet,and finish with E-Cigarettes loaded with nicotine,which finishing with nicotine is the ultimate objective!

Nice of you to decide for me and everyone else why we are using e-cigs.

I am afraid it is you who does not understand. Not everyone who uses e-cigs are using them as a means to quit nicotine. We don't all have to "bite the bullet" as you say, nor is finishing with nicotine everyone's "ultimate objective".

I have no desire to quit nor have I ever had a desire to quit. A friend is a distributor and he gave me some samples he had left over. I liked it. I have not smoked tobacco in over four months aside from a few cigars, not because I want to quit but because I prefer the e-cigs. As an added bonus I don't smell like smoke, and the health risks are much lower.