Go Go Music, African American Hi Hop

Ling Kae

Hmmm now I know where you hang out, only one place in town that does that, well done Kerryd nice to see you are on the ball. :D

:D

It is but one of many places (and no Raro, it wasn't AngelWitch, but they do seem to have a problem with finishing their "meal" as well). :D

So it is a safe assumption that at least two places in town employ staff that is unable to eat a banana. Which one is the other one? Errmm....a friend of mine wanted to know..... :o

OK, without naming the GO GO, it is the one between soi 7 and soi 8 on beach road. Quite good and has 60 baht ice cold Heinekens all night, the bannanas are plastic by the way. :D

just my two cents, i was brought up to respect others and to be proud of who i am, music to me, is a matter of taste, when you look across the country i live in (usa) you can travel through out this land and find music for just about every taste, you can go to new orleans and hear incredible cajun music, go down into the midwest and you can enjoy country and western music, through out the country you can find music from the fifty's, sixty's being played

music from seventys is still going strong just as the bands are still on tours, what do these songs of years gone by have in commen?, well for the most part the words had meaning to what most people could relate to, they were for the most part about love and those things which are meaning full for people. which brings us to the topic on hand, hip hop, now i would like to think that there is something meaningful in it but as soon as the cop-killing garbage comes up then everything after that is not worth listening to, what i find interest though is why some one would listen to something that de-values life and is filled for the most part with that which is negative.

i am no cop-kisser but i can't think of one of these hip hoppers who has the character or for that matter the guts to be a cop for one day yet alone make a career of it, when i hear hip hop at the fitness centers i can't help but think of the athletes who say they should not be looked upon as example for the youth of today, those that say that are right, you only have to look at the sports section of the local newspaper to see some of these thugs with a god given talent to play sports being arrested for some form of battery or resisting arrest.

athletes like musicians live a privledged life instead of spreading that which is positive some choose to talk (not sing because they're really not singing) about those things which are filled with hate and bitterness, it sad that anyone could embrace this noise because that is what it is.

jasper

Good post thanks. Not all hip hop is negative and de-valueing, there are quite a lot of tracks that are the opposite. If it was all positive would you like hip hop then? Or is it the "talking" part that people hate? I don't know.

The question was originally asked because I have only known 2 other guys (amongst my circle of friends) who have said they liked the music. I like it and it fits in well with exotic dancing. Judging from the responses there are quite a few more people around who like it and plenty who don't.

I listen to all kinds of music, from ACDC to Hip Hop to Elvis to Deep Purple to Issan folk music to Loso Thai music, pretty much everything. The only music I hate is Opera. :o

Hmmm now I know where you hang out, only one place in town that does that, well done Kerryd nice to see you are on the ball. :D

It is but one of many places (and no Raro, it wasn't AngelWitch, but they do seem to have a problem with finishing their "meal" as well). :D

So it is a safe assumption that at least two places in town employ staff that is unable to eat a banana. Which one is the other one? Errmm....a friend of mine wanted to know..... :o

OK, without naming the GO GO, it is the one between soi 7 and soi 8 on beach road. Quite good and has 60 baht ice cold Heinekens all night, the bannanas are plastic by the way. :D

I guess it's 3 places now, as the place I know of is located very near Center of a large Condo Complex, near a well known Wat on Pattaya Road South. It does have some Blue water, but no Lagoon, if you know what I mean. :D

And they use real bananas (not sure what they do with them afterwards though, serve them up in drinks ?)

No hip-hop/wannabe gangsta rap either. I've mentioned to the manager a couple of times that the music they play isn't really doing it for the girls. The only time they get enthusiastic is when a Thai/Lao song comes on.

I guess it's 3 places now, as the place I know of is located very near Center of a large Condo Complex, near a well known Wat on Pattaya Road South. It does have some Blue water, but no Lagoon, if you know what I mean. :D

And they use real bananas (not sure what they do with them afterwards though, serve them up in drinks ?)

No hip-hop/wannabe gangsta rap either. I've mentioned to the manager a couple of times that the music they play isn't really doing it for the girls. The only time they get enthusiastic is when a Thai/Lao song comes on.

Thanks for the tip off kerryd, I took 5 guys in there last night and we had a great time. I particularily enjoyed the large aquarium in the middle of the room and the specimens swimming in it. Sorry to dissappoint you though but they did play a couple of hip hop tracks, not that anyone minded they were too busy starring into the fish tank. :o

Thanks for the tip off kerryd, I took 5 guys in there last night and we had a great time. I particularily enjoyed the large aquarium in the middle of the room and the specimens swimming in it. Sorry to dissappoint you though but they did play a couple of hip hop tracks, not that anyone minded they were too busy starring into the fish tank. :o

I probably never noticed the hip-hop music due to the other distractions as well. :D

Part of the fun of the aquarium is trying to figure out which girls are in the pool. Some are easy to recognize, others less so. :D