PHUKET NEWS TV: Russian Comments 'Revolting'

Lite Beer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't describe them as wealthy russians , most of them are on low salaries back in Russia , but for the first time they can afford to travel out of their cold country . They pay only $300 to get here from siberia . And they live on a budget , not everyone , but maybe 80% . But they come as a family and they are happy together so nothing wrong with that . Maybe they dont like other foreigners and thats fine too.

Siberia can be quite pleasant in Summer, mid-30's wai2.gif

• Like 1

your expert

More like who here that lives here hasn't had a problem with Russians I wonder anyone. They are rude impolite and run out on there bills bring whisky to licenced bars and solve every problem by wanting to fight so in soming up they are just a wonderful group of people who use more then their fare share of precious oxygen

1486835_10203484370643088_44639298369337

See more on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/keith.kenny.98?fref=ufi

Look at the fascist putin's rating, he is 85% supported by russians. As I were born in the former soviet union, I lived among them all my life. So believe me they are rude and ignorant not because they "sound" rude or can not behave. It is because they are just an arrogant bunch... Even at the soviet times living among people of other nationalities they treated others like second sort. I understand their language and what I can hear are constant complains about Thais and about foreigners. How many times I saw them bullying gays or senior Thais. What they always like to say is that the only problem in Thailand are Thais and foreigners. So dont be surprised if one day putin will come to defend his russian majority here. Get rid of them as fast as you can. The only business will suffer in Phuket and Pattaya will be baht busses and 7/11. Money for their tours never reach Thailand anyway.

Hi, your post history http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/user/171451-lattrendi/

Thank you for pointing out you are a Racist.

ah the old racist card, wins every argument. If someone has a different opinion then slap the racist card on the table.

Exactly - everyone is entitle to an opinion

I traveled across Russia 20 years ago.
People were friendly.
I have some Russian friends here. Granted they don't smile much, but are nice.
I think they just have to know you but opening up a bit.

The western media loves to mark them as bad, mainly due to politics and should be taken with a grain of salt.
I would question that media more than the honesty of Russian people.

I was mostly led to believe that they were dirt poor, not very educated, living in a frozen hell.
Found out mostly the opposite is true (although it was cold in December), so, must wonder why they paint them so evil.

Don't fall for the brainwashing, and go meet some personally.

Your views might change.

• Like 2

If the Russians are so heavily represented on Phuket, how come we do not read about them as regularly in the news for being locked up for crime, as we do as other nationalities?

Whilst they may not be very "approachable" people, it appears, in general, they stay out of trouble here a lot more than nationalities, which, in my opinion, doesn't make them too bad.

• Like 1

<snip>

If you own a business here, especially a higher end business, everyone will agree that Russian tourism has been a godsend.

<snip>

So, to the Russians coming here, please ignore the comments of the ignorant.

<snip>

Sorry, but no and no.

Look at the fascist putin's rating, he is 85% supported by russians. As I were born in the former soviet union, I lived among them all my life. So believe me they are rude and ignorant not because they "sound" rude or can not behave. It is because they are just an arrogant bunch... Even at the soviet times living among people of other nationalities they treated others like second sort. I understand their language and what I can hear are constant complains about Thais and about foreigners. How many times I saw them bullying gays or senior Thais. What they always like to say is that the only problem in Thailand are Thais and foreigners. So dont be surprised if one day putin will come to defend his russian majority here. Get rid of them as fast as you can. The only business will suffer in Phuket and Pattaya will be baht busses and 7/11. Money for their tours never reach Thailand anyway.

Do you think Obama and Cameron are any better then Putin? I have nothing against Russians. Now lets guess the same people that complain about the Russians surely complain also about the Chinese and who knows tomorrow they blame the Thai's.

• Like 2

I have been 23 times to Russia in the last decade for work , for fun and you cannot judge Russian on the few hundred thousand coming to Thailand on holidays

Very true.

The comments about Russians have nothing to do with Russians in general, but with the Russians coming to Thai;land on holidays.

So when i buy my beer at 7-11 im a cheapskate but when the ruskies do it theyre wealthy....der your taliking a lot of crap...

Why? Because the vast majority of people who come into contact with Russians don't like them. And with very good reason

What's the "very good reason" ? Please explain smile.png

The "very good reason" is that the Russians are better than them in every way and so they hate them out of petty jealousy. These people are from the West, How dare people from the East turn up with better looks and more money. It's just not right that others have more money than them. It felt great having a little bit more money that the poor Thais they hang around, but now the wealthy Russians have spoilt everything. The Russians have shown them to be the cheapskates that they really are. It is so funny seeing them get their comeuppance.

Edited by fabphil

Actually i always wondered why the russians were so disliked by other eastern european folks even to the point they fear being mistaken for their russian cousins.

Maybe a reading of European history of the past, say, 80 years would provide some insights. Though, one need only follow the news of the past 8 months to get an inkling...

• Like 2

If you own a business here, especially a higher end business, everyone will agree that Russian tourism has been a godsend.

So, to the Russians coming here, please ignore the comments of the ignorant.

Sorry, but no and no.

Yes there are a few well-off Russians who benefit certain high-end outlets but I have met very few Farang or Thai owners of businesses particularly of bars, restaurants or shops that get much income from this source. Yes some massage places do, although the Russians have a reputation for being miserly tippers with the girls.

I think the problem is more that while the traditional source of income for bars/restaurants/gogos etc is disappearing as Westerners either are coming both in fewer numbers and with less money in their pockets, they are not being replaced by the Chinese/Russians/Indians etc who just have different priorities on holiday, keep themselves to themselves, enjoy trips organised by their own people to zoos/shows etc... the latter types of business rake it in even if they give big discounts to Thailand's new tourists.

• Like 2

So when i buy my beer at 7-11 im a cheapskate but when the ruskies do it theyre wealthy....der your taliking a lot of crap...

Why? Because the vast majority of people who come into contact with Russians don't like them. And with very good reason

What's the "very good reason" ? Please explain smile.png

The "very good reason" is that the Russians are better than them in every way and so they hate them out of petty jealousy. These people are from the West, How dare people from the East turn up with better looks and more money. It's just not right that others have more money than them. It felt great having a little bit more money that the poor Thais they hang around, but now the wealthy Russians have spoilt everything. The Russians have shown them to be the cheapskates that they really are. It is so funny seeing them get their comeuppance.

It's more that if we buy a beer at a 7, most of us will also go for a beer in the bars occasionally. The Russians rarely do - go to the likes of Cosy Beach between Pattaya and Jomtien, almost exclusively populated by Russians these days, and talk to one of the few remaining bar/restaurant owners - such as Richard of the Wishing Well who has been there for 25 years. He will explain the difference between Russian and other Western visitors along those lines. He gets a few Russians in for a bite to eat, but it's pretty rare.

Terrible 'news' piece. The journalist goes on and on comments read off Facebook to make his point--was it necessary to repeat some of them several times?-- and I personally didn't find most of the comments all that 'revolting' compared to what is often said about other groups.

That said, this 'news' really shouldn't come as a surprise. Russian tourists often don't behave very well, and Russia itself has been acting poorly on the international stage (largely with the support of its people), and this will have an impact on the image of individual Russians.

But also see the results of this global survey taken before the current crisis in the Ukraine: http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/09/03/global-opinion-of-russia-mixed/ The Russians weren't very popular internationally back before they became daily news fodder; much less popular than Americans even. :-) They're very unpopular in western Europe (except for Britain and Greece), the Middle East (where their government stood against the Arab Spring), and in several places in Asia. Much of this likely reflects political events, but reactions to those events bleeds into our attitudes toward the people. And it's only gotten worse since then...

• Like 1

I have been 23 times to Russia in the last decade for work , for fun and you cannot judge Russian on the few hundred thousand coming to Thailand on holidays

Very true.

The comments about Russians have nothing to do with Russians in general, but with the Russians coming to Thai;land on holidays.

so you mean ALL russian coming to Thailand are bad ? Well I have seen a lot here and found them much better than many other nationalities.

A number of posts removed ...

Forum rule 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.