Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

Family issues ought to be settled among the family members. Why go to wash the dirty linen at other people's home??

Because in this case, settling the issue among the family members results in one of the family members being locked up in the attic.

It would appear that Yingluck is not going to be locked up in the attic.

What a crying shame.

image_thumb13.png

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You know, I can't recall where I have ever stated a belief that "increasing corruption and working to bring in a convicted criminal to be a dictator is logical."

Would you like to apologise for lying now, or later?

The minute after you admit you were wrong in supporting the PTP. After all that was what they were all about.

Also at taking every cheap[ shot you could get at the new government.

I am waiting.coffee1.gif

Apparently my reply was censored not suitable for publication, but I think you could guess the drift of it.

In short isn't going to happen. Gee what a surprise. Any one out there surprised. whistling.gif

Example of an apology from me would have been I am sorry for-----------.

I don't think the mods would censor that.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Like it or not facts are changes are being made Some cages being rattled. Some wrongs being righted And I don't think one person was killed doing it. Unlike it was before children were killed what for? Democracy or greed you tell me. You have to remember this is Thailand THAI'S NEED TO BE DRAGGED INTO THE 21ST CENTURY.

• Like 1

Because like all the rest of them he knows damn well what the result would be. That's why the election in February just had to be stopped. The Junta is the result of that process.

Strange, I remember that those northern electorates which gave a result without interference didn't look at all good for PTP. Low turnout, high invalid vote count. Best forgotten, eh?

Yes, the PTP was at a low point in popularity. They would have been seriously weakened if there had been an election in July. The country would have matured as a democracy. There are many reasons why an election would have been preferable to a coup, and the military could have easily ensured a peaceful election. For some reason they didn't want Thailand to have another elected government. I wonder why.

".......the military could have easily ensured a peaceful election." Only with permission of the incumbent government, which would have meant controlling their red thugs. "Seriously weakened" is a euphemism for voted out, but only if opposition candidates were allowed to campaign in all areas, including red villages and UDD heartland, WITHOUT harassment.

Perhaps you should look at it more as stopping the killing, rather than preventing an election. Or is the death of innocents in political violence an acceptable price for a faux-democracy.

• Like 2

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

You will of course note that the Japanese government being far more in touch with reality than you are ignored them. As for self appointed government.

What other logical choice did Thailand have.

I know you consider increasing corruption and working to bring in a convicted criminal to be a dictator is logical.

But let's face it sorry to say (not reallytongue.png) you are in the minority.wai.gif

Thank you Northernjohn. Glad I read your post before saying the exact same thing. Most people are really happy with the general. I just want to see some of the really bad people such as those who stole billions of baht (under any previous administration, Fab4) gaoled for a long time and the ones who wanted a million litres of petrol to burn Bangkok and their paymasters locked up for.... (well, forever wouldn't hurt). It is not a good look having all these thieves & murderers wandering around free, with no accountability for their actions. I hope the general starts some prosecutions soon. Please No "What about Suthep?? I covered that.

Despite thoroughly enjoying happy hour every Friday night with P Prayuth for the past few months and agreeing with him on many points I also find myself questioning the wisdom of effectively suspending the right of 60+ million people to think and discourse freely and to determine their own destiny. However my wife finds him and his candidness a breath of fresh air and I admit I too enjoy that we are both now a little more equal, in that we are both unable to vote. So party on power brokers enjoy your moments of glory...as if you won't, cos down here the song remains the same. I came for the beach I stayed for the smiles.

Yes the people should be able to choose their own destiny. The problem, lay's in the fact that they can not find the politicians who will listen to what they want.

Take Thailand for example. They elected a party to get certain things that were promised them. They got instead a leader who is living in self imposed exile to avoid a jail sentence he earned. The promises when brought about were so undermined with corruption that they would not work. Did the people get what they wanted no.

It is defiantly not a democratic leadership- they have now but they are getting what they want.

So which is better an unelected government given you what you want or an elected government not delivering on what you wanted?

Before the PTP red shirt supporters jump in with how come this and how come that. I will answer you right now because they have not had enough time to correct all the corruption the previous administration gave them and change or improve laws that are in existence that allowed the previous administration to get away with their actions as long as they did.

Like it or not facts are changes are being made Some cages being rattled. Some wrongs being righted And I don't think one person was killed doing it. Unlike it was before children were killed what for? Democracy or greed you tell me. You have to remember this is Thailand THAI'S NEED TO BE DRAGGED INTO THE 21ST CENTURY.

I don't really agree that they have to be dragged into the 21st century. I how ever agree that they have to have a government who will work to make the streets safe not one who will support a group of thugs to make them unsafe.

“The National Council for Peace and Order is unlikely to lift the martial law in the near future as groups campaigning against the junta have been detected both in Thailand and abroad.” - The Nation 2014-09-05

“If anti-coup activists escalate their activities, the regional armies will have to step up measures to contain the situation,”

“… all measures to contain anti-coup groups must be in line with Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's policy to minimise unnecessary conflict for the NCPO …”

Meanwhile the Junta plans to put forth its candidacy for membership in the United Nations Human Rights Council next year. If the Junta continues its vigorous track record for suppression of freedom of speech under martial law, no matter how noble such actions might be, leaders of other nations may not find it an enduring quality in candidates for HRC. The Junta should consider a more restrained and civil approach to countering criticisms without the support of martial law or give up the idea that it is some kind of bastion for democracy.

Name me one country that has freedom of speech. They all have a limit on what is allowed to be printed. Some more than others. You might have missed it but you had the freedom to print your condemnation of them.

I rest my case.

The question was name me one country that has freedom of speech. Not comparisons between them. thought I would mention that before you tried to avoid the question.

Every country has some limits on freedom of speech--you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and stuff like that. I can name many countries where people are free to criticize their government, but Thailand isn't one of them.

I have a strong idea you are wrong. Here criticism is accepted if it is CONSTRUCTIVE there is no problem and the PM is listening to all walks of life.

This propaganda you talk about everything is gagged is ridiculous. IF on the other hand anyone wants to try to halt the progress made with OTT rumours or disruptive actions they will come up against a backhander.

This NON freedom of speech talk is a TVF apologist trend to disrupt as much as possible, therefore strong unnecessary comments are deleted.

There is no reason for anyone to slag off the PM at this stage as the work he is doing is thorough and good.

Here are the reasons TVF apologists disrupt. PTP/Shins are not in power----non elected government----total control by the military--- WHY ??

Because a lousy non democratic government shot it'self in the foot and caused chaos --through the amnesty bill to clear Thaksin---that's it in a nutshell.

Gangs of reds will creep into anywhere where they can still disrupt, seemingly against anything that is anti-Thaksin. They must be on some sort of payroll as a last ditch effort to dislodge. Stupid as they will never get their support back because of the over strong allegiance to Thaksin.

Edited by ginjag

I think they should just give up on the whole democracy act. They don't have any intention of actually letting the peasants hold any power.

Just let the big dogs eat, and let the groundlings get on with eating and watching soaps.

Very true. It seems to me also that 'democracy' as we understand it is simply not possible here.The problem is that the country needs to pretend it is democratic in order to retain kudos with the international community and receive business investment and aid.

The whole tone of this thread reminds me of the Doctor Shivago film where the woman told Strenlikov about her village being burned.

'Yes yes, but were they Reds or Whites' he demanded to know. It seems we're all labelled now.

Good heavens, we've just had massive demonstrations in Newport, Wales against NATO. Should the UK government arrest all those people.? Of course not, although I disagree with the demonstrators. A couple of dozen trying to hand in a letter in Japan seems a far cry from that.

It seems an unfortunate fact, but some countries are simply better under a dictatorship system - whether benign or not. Once the dictatorship is removed they collapse into infighting. Yugoslavia, Iraq, Syria, etc etc. It's sad but seems to be true.

“The National Council for Peace and Order is unlikely to lift the martial law in the near future as groups campaigning against the junta have been detected both in Thailand and abroad.” - The Nation 2014-09-05

“If anti-coup activists escalate their activities, the regional armies will have to step up measures to contain the situation,”

“… all measures to contain anti-coup groups must be in line with Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha's policy to minimise unnecessary conflict for the NCPO …”

Meanwhile the Junta plans to put forth its candidacy for membership in the United Nations Human Rights Council next year. If the Junta continues its vigorous track record for suppression of freedom of speech under martial law, no matter how noble such actions might be, leaders of other nations may not find it an enduring quality in candidates for HRC. The Junta should consider a more restrained and civil approach to countering criticisms without the support of martial law or give up the idea that it is some kind of bastion for democracy.

Name me one country that has freedom of speech. They all have a limit on what is allowed to be printed. Some more than others. You might have missed it but you had the freedom to print your condemnation of them.

I rest my case.

The question was name me one country that has freedom of speech. Not comparisons between them. thought I would mention that before you tried to avoid the question.

Every country has some limits on freedom of speech--you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and stuff like that. I can name many countries where people are free to criticize their government, but Thailand isn't one of them.

I have a strong idea you are wrong. Here criticism is accepted if it is CONSTRUCTIVE there is no problem and the PM is listening to all walks of life.

This propaganda you talk about everything is gagged is ridiculous. IF on the other hand anyone wants to try to halt the progress made with OTT rumours or disruptive actions they will come up against a backhander.

This NON freedom of speech talk is a TVF apologist trend to disrupt as much as possible, therefore strong unnecessary comments are deleted.

There is no reason for anyone to slag off the PM at this stage as the work he is doing is thorough and good.

Here are the reasons TVF apologists disrupt. PTP/Shins are not in power----non elected government----total control by the military--- WHY ??

Because a lousy non democratic government shot it'self in the foot and caused chaos --through the amnesty bill to clear Thaksin---that's it in a nutshell.

Gangs of reds will creep into anywhere where they can still disrupt, seemingly against anything that is anti-Thaksin. They must be on some sort of payroll as a last ditch effort to dislodge. Stupid as they will never get their support back because of the over strong allegiance to Thaksin.

What the hell are you talking about? Look at the things the junta has suppressed and the comments people have been arrested for making. The junta has even banned Tropico 5 for God's sake.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Despite thoroughly enjoying happy hour every Friday night with P Prayuth for the past few months and agreeing with him on many points I also find myself questioning the wisdom of effectively suspending the right of 60+ million people to think and discourse freely and to determine their own destiny. However my wife finds him and his candidness a breath of fresh air and I admit I too enjoy that we are both now a little more equal, in that we are both unable to vote. So party on power brokers enjoy your moments of glory...as if you won't, cos down here the song remains the same. I came for the beach I stayed for the smiles.

Yes the people should be able to choose their own destiny. The problem, lay's in the fact that they can not find the politicians who will listen to what they want.

Take Thailand for example. They elected a party to get certain things that were promised them. They got instead a leader who is living in self imposed exile to avoid a jail sentence he earned. The promises when brought about were so undermined with corruption that they would not work. Did the people get what they wanted no.

It is defiantly not a democratic leadership- they have now but they are getting what they want.

So which is better an unelected government given you what you want or an elected government not delivering on what you wanted?

Before the PTP red shirt supporters jump in with how come this and how come that. I will answer you right now because they have not had enough time to correct all the corruption the previous administration gave them and change or improve laws that are in existence that allowed the previous administration to get away with their actions as long as they did.

If the elected government hadn't been giving people what they want, then why were they the ones pushing so hard for another election. If your theory had been true, then the people would have been wanting to vote them out, and the logical thing for Pheu Thai to do would have been to try to delay the election as much as possible. Instead I saw them do the opposite.

• Like 1

INB4 djjamie. cheesy.gif

Seriously though, the Thais are the most apathetic bunch you will ever meet. Some time ago, a Thai maid got into trouble in Saudi (or somewhere can't remember exactly), and there were more Filipinos in Manila protesting at the Saudi embassy on her behalf, than there were Thais in BKK protesting for her. Really odd, really lazy, and no wonder things rarely change for the better in LOS. If this ramshackle group of 20 or 30 is the best they can come with, then <insert deity of choice> help us.

might have been Singapore?

What the hell are you talking about? Look at the things the junta has suppressed and the comments people have been arrested for making. The junta has even banned Tropico 5 for God's sake.

Hit a nerve did I ??? Thaksins gag on news and media in general ??/ have you forgot that---problem is that it is not in your agenda to acknowledge the other side of the coin. Thaksins idea on it was to not let anyone know what was going on, Thai rack Thai example---the army to protect against hostile elements FOR NOW. see the difference.??

I don't really agree that they have to be dragged into the 21st century. I how ever agree that they have to have a government who will work to make the streets safe not one who will support a group of thugs to make them unsafe.

For once I totally agree with your post. I want the streets to be safe for people to do things like vote at polling stations, eat sandwiches or throw the Hunger Games salute.

• Like 1

Hit a nerve did I ??? Thaksins gag on news and media in general ??/ have you forgot that---problem is that it is not in your agenda to acknowledge the other side of the coin. Thaksins idea on it was to not let anyone know what was going on, Thai rack Thai example---the army to protect against hostile elements FOR NOW. see the difference.??

Are you seriously suggesting that there is more free speech now than under Red governments?

If the elected government hadn't been giving people what they want, then why were they the ones pushing so hard for another election. If your theory had been true, then the people would have been wanting to vote them out, and the logical thing for Pheu Thai to do would have been to try to delay the election as much as possible. Instead I saw them do the opposite.

Here again is another example of keeping the Thais ill informed. Now you see the difference ??? the army IS informing the people what it's aims are.

Are you forgetting the Shins Amnesty bill ?? it started all the upsets here but you will not believe that--cause your main DIG is elections again to let the people vote--Pathetic.

For once I totally agree with your post. I want the streets to be safe for people to do things like vote at polling stations, eat sandwiches or throw the Hunger Games salute.

Why don't you move to Afghanistan ? I am sure you can do all those things there ! clap2.gif

They should be paranoid.

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Fear the day people realize that and stand up for themselves.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

The ones who have "left the country" are the crims with something to hide, the ones who were happily getting away with it under the PTP.

Yet another good thing about the Military coup, flushed the rats out of the house and back to the sewers.

Does "something to hide" include believing in elections? Because right now you can get locked up for making that public.

Are you seriously suggesting that there is more free speech now than under Red governments?

I am suggesting that if it is constructive there is no problem. By the way you never answered the total stranglehold Thaksin had on the media.

I wonder why you did not comment. ??? the truth is there is no difference to freedom of speech UNLESS it be of a nature to undermine the progress that is being made. That element is Red propaganda disruption--(decomposing slowly as a lost cause, but the paid diehard's will always be around as in most countries).

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

Or they can go into the Temple and join the monk hood.

I suppose the same might be said about the people demonstrating against the last government, only they didn't have a militia dressed in black and an entire nation wide police force working to protect them.

"Police force protecting them"? That seems like an oxymoron to me.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

Or they can go into the Temple and join the monk hood.

But he is here isn't he ?? not like the run rabbit run in Dubai.

INB4 djjamie. cheesy.gif

Seriously though, the Thais are the most apathetic bunch you will ever meet. Some time ago, a Thai maid got into trouble in Saudi (or somewhere can't remember exactly), and there were more Filipinos in Manila protesting at the Saudi embassy on her behalf, than there were Thais in BKK protesting for her. Really odd, really lazy, and no wonder things rarely change for the better in LOS. If this ramshackle group of 20 or 30 is the best they can come with, then <insert deity of choice> help us.

might have been Singapore?

Not one bit surprised you are a Lions fan, not one bit.

When you have a minute to spare have a look at the forum rules, especially this one, #11 -

"You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation."

With an attitude like yours towards Thai people I doubt if any <insert deity of choice> can help you.

I rest my case.

glad to see you haven't returned from that other planet yet. Gave me a good laugh with your first line.

And to protest without being herded into a temple and gunned down.

• Like 2

Like in Hong Kong?

They should be paranoid.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

The ones who have "left the country" are the crims with something to hide, the ones who were happily getting away with it under the PTP.

Yet another good thing about the Military coup, flushed the rats out of the house and back to the sewers.

But what can be done about the ones hiding in temples.

• Like 1

They should be paranoid.

But what can be done about the ones hiding in temples.

Or the ones hiding in the barracks?