Illegally-parked damaged cars in Bangkok will be towed away starting Sept 15

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not tow them to a garage where they can be fixed? Doesn't block main roads, doesn't block secondary roads, no need for publicly (police) owned lots to store the cars.

In Thailand the idea of towing them away is innovative rocket science enough. Ideas like yours'll make 'em mentally train wreck....wait a few decades.....

Why do you need to mock the Thai people? Perhaps you need to be towed away.

Some people need mocking to grow up; it's called parenting.wub.pngpassifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.giwub.png

So making people look and feel foolish/stupid by mocking them is parenting? Try that on the Thais and you'll get nowhere except perhaps a bullet in the brain. I suggest you go back to parenting school and learn the proper way.

• Like 1

I don't understand moving them to side roads which are narrower and would cause more problems. Why not have a lot to take them to and charge the owner for the towing and storage until they pick up the vehicle. If they don't pick it up within a time limit auction the vehicles.

Take car directly to smasher and sell scrap.

I don't understand moving them to side roads which are narrower and would cause more problems. Why not have a lot to take them to and charge the owner for the towing and storage until they pick up the vehicle. If they don't pick it up within a time limit auction the vehicles.

Take car directly to smasher and sell scrap.

I am confident my way is best and fairest. And why move them at all? They are already parked? It's not as if anyone is going to get all upset about it considering all the other lunacy going on around the situation. Do it my way and let it sit for 48 hours and the problem is permanently solved. The Thai way is like crapping in one water closet, and then getting up to go to another water closet to wipe, and then another one to take a pee, and then a fourth one to shake and pull up and zip. Everything you need to resolve this is right there at the parking spot.

Then the secondary roads and lanes will be jammed up. The authorities should issue a public announcement telling vehicle owners of those parked vehicles to remove their cars before a deadline, failing which the unclaimed vehicles will be sent for scraping. The money earned could help the needy or fund for restructuring the economy.

Some people need mocking to grow up; it's called parenting.wub.pngpassifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.giwub.png

So making people look and feel foolish/stupid by mocking them is parenting? Try that on the Thais and you'll get nowhere except perhaps a bullet in the brain. I suggest you go back to parenting school and learn the proper way.

Now I understand your name - kee sters.

I guess your kids must run amok, if you've never chastised them.... or is chastising making them feel foolish/stupid for their wrong actions??

Why not tow them to a garage where they can be fixed? Doesn't block main roads, doesn't block secondary roads, no need for publicly (police) owned lots to store the cars.

In Thailand the idea of towing them away is innovative rocket science enough. Ideas like yours'll make 'em mentally train wreck....wait a few decades.....

Maybe the Thai people want to use 21st century vehicles, phones, medicine and so on, but not willing to face up to the need to have 21st century rules.

You cannot safely drive a car while chatting or texting on the phone. Chatting while driving is equal to being half drunk.

Western countries have BIG fines for doing this. ($300 +)

Welcome to the 21st century!

• Like 1

Maybe the Thai people want to use 21st century vehicles, phones, medicine and so on, but not willing to face up to the need to have 21st century rules.

You cannot safely drive a car while chatting or texting on the phone. Chatting while driving is equal to being half drunk.

Western countries have BIG fines for doing this. ($300 +)

Welcome to the 21st century!

I cannot agree with you more but it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what was said by me or gemini81. If you're going to quote something then it should at least be relevant.

Why I have to think of Don Quixote and fighting against windmills?

Its an illness commonly caught in Thailand by many TV members, be carrefull !

...no offence, obssesion with Don Quixote and windmills is usual amongst Westerners in LOS, for some it could lead to insomniasmile.png

Edited by Tchooptip

I guess your kids must run amok, if you've never chastised them.... or is chastising making them feel foolish/stupid for their wrong actions??

But I don't understand your name - Dr Lom ... doctor of what?

My kids are just fine thank you. I brought them up just fine including teaching them right and wrong WITHOUT the need to mock. I'd like to say 'model citizens' but am a little unsure of the definition of that here.

• Like 1

Some criticize and share their negative commentary about an issue they may have little stake in.

Some complained when nothing was being done. Some now complain when something is being done.

Some seem to thrive on a diet of negative fodder.

But I don't understand your name - Dr Lom ... doctor of what?

My kids are just fine thank you. I brought them up just fine including teaching them right and wrong WITHOUT the need to mock. I'd like to say 'model citizens' but am a little unsure of the definition of that here.

He's clearly a "quack" and doctor of nothing and should be asked to explain his juvenile comment regarding your name. He also has no idea of the meaning of "chastise" and "mock" as he thinks they are the same thing.

• Like 1

"The MPB today presented rewards to police units and police stations with the best records of wheel-clamping and texting arrests." cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Does anyone NOT find that extremely amusing?

An easy fix to the problem is take the car's to a holding yard (not run by customs), notify the owner, hold the car for 30 days for the owner to pay and collect. If the car is there on day 31 send it to the crusher for recycling.

Recycling? cheesy.gif

"The MPB today presented rewards to police units and police stations with the best records of wheel-clamping and texting arrests." cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

An easy fix to the problem is take the car's to a holding yard (not run by customs), notify the owner, hold the car for 30 days for the owner to pay and collect. If the car is there on day 31 send it to the crusher for recycling.

Recycling? cheesy.gif

I can handle the recycling of one as long as it's not too old. Rust doesn't recycle well. Just tow it to my place and don't forget the reg book and a signed change of ownership. I'll take it from there. 555 smile.png

This really is got to be a laugh.We will tow all these cars away and put them in some narrow side road.Right outside some unfortunate buggers house,and if we can top the list we will get a prize for being the best police force. Now the car can stay there and rot!!!! This is a great help to someone who has a car that does not go and cant be fixed because of lack of money and is stranded on some main road somewhere.GREAT THINKING GUYS

I think you are on to something here,

You mentioned "lack of money" and I think this is the key point with all the abandoned parked cars and I think the coppers has that in mind.

The asian logic is different from our western logic, and sometimes we westerners forget about being civil and helpful towards one another.

But I think the problem lies in human egocentricity, if one guy can "park" his car in a fobidden area, so can I, and then there's a problem.

In my view, the Thai law enforcement don't want to ruin people lives or create too much problems for otherwise lawful citizens, so they tend to create a solution for people to solve their problems without the state budging in too much.

But what do I know, I would like to hear from a Thai if this could be the reason why things like this appears so prepostrous to us farrangs.

Edited by KamalaRider

Why I have to think of Don Quixote and fighting against windmills?

The answer to the problem is to increase the costs (through fines and charges) of releasing clamped and towed vehicles. It works everywhere else in the world. Back in 1976, in London, my girlfriends car got towed and it cost her 200 pounds even then to get the car back. I dread to think how much it would cost today.

The last time I was back in the UK I was caught doing 35 mph in a 30 mph limit. The fixed penalty is now 100 pounds and 3 points on my license. Get 12 points and you loose the license.

I also wonder what damaged means in this context. They shouldn't be worrying about that. Brand new illegally parked Merc just tow it and charge. People will soon get the message.

I think the issue is the RTP do not have enough compound to store such vehicles.

But as said if illegally parked cars were moved to a compound then revenues could be collected from the owners or selling them on to scrap dealers, I think in many areas they would be hard pressed to find a parking spot in any side street.

Why just Bangkok

Why does the Police have to be told to do their job...

Instead of informing the Police, why dont they dismiss the commanders of stations that allow illegal parking and other nonsense to continue... Im sure it would be more proactive than keeping the useless commanders employed! They did it to the useless PM...

Because that police commander paid a handsome fee for his position and if you think he is going to be dismissed and walk away without a fight, you are mistaken. What do I mean by " fight". I leave that to you.

If you can't recognize jokes and sarcasm, maybe you yourself should be towed away. Step one is recognizing it is a developing country, so sarcasm relating to developing countries and thinking always helps lighten the load.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

If you can't recognize jokes and sarcasm, maybe you yourself should be towed away. Step one is recognizing it is a developing country, so sarcasm relating to developing countries and thinking always helps lighten the load.

Hardly sarcasm ... more like insulting.

Easy way to (try) and cover up being rude is to call it humor or sarcasm.

I think the issue is the RTP do not have enough compound to store such vehicles.

But as said if illegally parked cars were moved to a compound then revenues could be collected from the owners or selling them on to scrap dealers, I think in many areas they would be hard pressed to find a parking spot in any side street.

As stated repeatedly, why move them? Why bother. Moving one or a hundred will not ease any problem; nor will it teach a lesson to the people of FACE.

Save money and make a big warning to people's FACE.

Leave the vehicle where it sits.

Clamp it and paste a big sign for the world to see: "Illegally parked. Designated for Auction or Scrap"

There is a number and info at the bottom of the sticker for the owner to call and have an officer come out and check the license, ownership papers and insurance forms.

No registration... scrap it or auction it.

No license... scrap it or auction it.

No insurance... scrap it or auction it.

At the same time, all those Thais get to see how one Thai gets embarrassed to have a huge sticker on their car when they return to it and try to drive away. FACE is lost and I'll guarantee they won't do it again if they can provide the docs and pay the fee.

Again, there is absolutely no reason to move around something when there is really no place to move it to, and to do so would require more time, energy, resources and cost to the government than simply letting it sit there for two days (or less) to eliminate the problem permanently once A or B were met.

The way the system is now, no one gets embarrassed. No one pays the piper for illegally operating a vehicle without a license, ownership papers or permission, and no insurance.

The police are going way over the top and expending way too much time, energy, resources and cost over one stupid idiot and his or her vehicle. Four or five officers, drivers, lot attendants, etc to handle one idiots baggage.

Why do this when no one cares either way, but my way the jackass loses FACE in front of the world, and that is more important to any Thai; more important than their own life blood.

It has nothing to do with a nanny state. The car is the owners property, but the roads are owned by the government, and driving on them is an earned and paid-for privilege, not an entitlement.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

"The MPB today presented rewards to police units and police stations with the best records of wheel-clamping and texting arrests." cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes ME----- I do not find it extremely amusing.I think it is a bloody disgrace that such a stupid scheme has been concocted by officers of the law.People that should be ashamed to be associated with it.But HEY this is Thailand and every day I am here I learn that I should keep my mouth shut and accept it all and let it go over the top of my head. But that is the difficult bit !!!!!