Asian suspects raped English tourist

Lite Beer

Why can the RTP just keep their mouths shut regarding every move they make. Is it to make us think that they are doing something. All these so called suspects, but they are getting nowhere. If one of them gets a new idea, they just rush out and tell everybody. What an inept investigation, why don't they bring in some real murder detectives, maybe they would learn something. facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The islands are run tightly by the Big 3. Well known fact. Problem is the police are so intertwined with these three families it is like removing a wart.

The ganglia growth extends into the surrounding area of tissues.

In this case the police force based in Phuket Phang Na Koh Tao and Samui including smaller stations in Samui are all just as involved. Samui is the worst and if there were ever an investigation into the police at every rank they would all be inprisoned. Their bank accounts alone show inexplicable amounts of funds that the officers will have put away for their retirement.

Each Colonel allows their station to be run in this manner and they become beholden to the instructions of the mafia no matter what poor citizen stands in their way. If the framed citizen or the citizen is denied proper and fair legal channels, somehow they just go missing and we hear "they moved during the night " and no one knows where or hears from them again.

I hope that this event of these two poor British citizen murders will be enough to call for an urgent police enquiry but I doubt it will happen.

The army s reforms don't seem to include the hardest reform of all - the police outside of Bangkok. Just marketing and happy slogans. Where s the hard work happening here army ?

Bravo - you are brave and strong and set a shining example for all. Simply more of the same.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. The army let these children down and are ultimately responsible.

This case would have been solved days ago if the same people implicit in this milieu of this society were not called in to investigate their own.

To comment on my article I neglected to add that the local police in the area and the Bangkok police are butting heads it is reported and both appear to be working to different goals. Bangkok police are trying to solve the case and butting with the local coppers who are trying to smooth everything over and doing their best to actively not assist the Bangkok police there. They are chasing the red herrings in order to appear to be doing a lot towards the case knowing full well who it is. Bangkok police are trying to do their best under extreme conditions. Yes I have contacts in the force that are there if you are wondering. Regardless where is the army ? That is my question not theirs. Shameful to say the least that this coup has shown the army to be yet another lot of puppets keeping the status quo

The General/PM should be telling the KT police that if they don't soon get some results or help the Bangkok police with the investigation. That they will al be transferred to Pattani within the next 30 days ! That should wake one or two of them up ! coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The islands are run tightly by the Big 3. Well known fact. Problem is the police are so intertwined with these three families it is like removing a wart.

The ganglia growth extends into the surrounding area of tissues.

In this case the police force based in Phuket Phang Na Koh Tao and Samui including smaller stations in Samui are all just as involved. Samui is the worst and if there were ever an investigation into the police at every rank they would all be inprisoned. Their bank accounts alone show inexplicable amounts of funds that the officers will have put away for their retirement.

Each Colonel allows their station to be run in this manner and they become beholden to the instructions of the mafia no matter what poor citizen stands in their way. If the framed citizen or the citizen is denied proper and fair legal channels, somehow they just go missing and we hear "they moved during the night " and no one knows where or hears from them again.

I hope that this event of these two poor British citizen murders will be enough to call for an urgent police enquiry but I doubt it will happen.

The army s reforms don't seem to include the hardest reform of all - the police outside of Bangkok. Just marketing and happy slogans. Where s the hard work happening here army ?

Bravo - you are brave and strong and set a shining example for all. Simply more of the same.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. The army let these children down and are ultimately responsible.

This case would have been solved days ago if the same people implicit in this milieu of this society were not called in to investigate their own.

Useful post Number 3 though not so sure about the army being a shining example. We've seen all this window dressing before from the army. The jury remains out on that for a long long time.

After all, you were correct when you wrote: "...The army let these children down ..."

Army vs Police? Well that is a very tough nut to crack.

Shining example was 100% tongue in cheek. I am actually to the point of disgust with their media comments and promotional shows. The army should feel ashamed at their inaction and disinterest and Sabai Sabai sanook happy happy attitude. They are the goddam army they seized control of the country to clean it up.

So where are they ? Appalling behavior by the army.

Sorry Number 3, I missed your sarcasm. There are many on TV who think the army are so gr8. I incorrectly imagined you might be one of them. Clearly you have more sense than to believe their sweet talk.

Thats one of the most powerful families on the Island. I'd say the situation has just become very dangerous right now. I was warned never to cross that family, or deal with that place when I lived there.

AC Bar belongs to one of the "Big 3" powerful families on Koh Tao. Those families have the police in their pocket. The Thai government doesn't get a look in.

Well, his pleas on Facebook have been retweeted by Sky News and the faces of some people are on his Facebook.

He may well have blown this case wide open. I hope its true and if so, a very brave movr on his part.

This could have been the impetus for the army to step in. They too are frightened to overstep all these invisible marks created by the three families the three islands police forces and the police general of Surat Thai.

You think this bumbling about has been incompetence ? It's been the show ! It's buying time to work out what to do with the real problem. It's manipulation at its finest. Of course they thought to block the island off. That was easy. And they advised the media they had done so. The reality is that they had not.

Stupidity or trampling a crime scene deliberately, stupidity or leaving the ferrys operating so there was every chance the criminals got away. Stupidity or focus on the victims behavior and friends to divert attention.

Extremely manipulative. And clever really. I am astonished that the death of two kids still does not force people out of their sanook Sabai Sabai happy happy p.r campaign. Trust me these police from the top of Surat thani s finest down knew exactly what they were doing.

• Like 1

Some really stupid posts here man and it's been turning into a Thai bashing tread, sad really.

The Thai police have done very well in this tragic case, okay the local police maybe not but the high ranking police coming in have, knowing that this is a very high profile case and they don't want to arrest somebody just for the sake of it but have tried hard to get the real murders by using DNA and asking questions.

None here knows what have been going on during the investigation 100% but only what you read in the press. Well I long time stopped believing in what I see/hear from them, especially the local ones.

I don't know if all the Thai haters here in this topic are living here or not? If you are, why don't you just leave?

I been living here for a long time (+10 years) and never had any big problems here. Before I settled down and got a family I was out partying all over Thailand, all night (alone), and was never mugged or ended up fighting. The closest I ever came to fighting was with some crazy drunk tourist but I choose to leave before it got out of hand.

It's not perfect here but if you keep a low profile you can have a very good life here and I intend to stay.

You're being sarcastic, right?

I too am astonished at his post. Lived here 10+ years, Must be an older guy did a couple of bars married lives in a moo baan..easy life..but no experience of thai life.

Some really stupid posts here man and it's been turning into a Thai bashing tread, sad really.

The Thai police have done very well in this tragic case, okay the local police maybe not but the high ranking police coming in have, knowing that this is a very high profile case and they don't want to arrest somebody just for the sake of it but have tried hard to get the real murders by using DNA and asking questions.

None here knows what have been going on during the investigation 100% but only what you read in the press. Well I long time stopped believing in what I see/hear from them, especially the local ones.

I don't know if all the Thai haters here in this topic are living here or not? If you are, why don't you just leave?

I been living here for a long time (+10 years) and never had any big problems here. Before I settled down and got a family I was out partying all over Thailand, all night (alone), and was never mugged or ended up fighting. The closest I ever came to fighting was with some crazy drunk tourist but I choose to leave before it got out of hand.

It's not perfect here but if you keep a low profile you can have a very good life here and I intend to stay.

I too am astonished at his post. Lived here 10+ years, Must be an older guy did a couple of bars married lives in a moo baan..easy life..but no experience of thai life.

Maybe he works for the BBC. Most likely he doesn't work for the Daily Mail.

Certainly wasted a lot of his life drinking in bars, he admits that at least.

Weeeeeell, there are folk out there who know nothing about relationships between a certain

"service" and naughty people, and are taken in by some bloke in a crisp outfit waffling on...whistling.gif

to many bar stool generals here.dudes & dudetts in this forum seem to have all the answers to all the guestions they think should be asked. its true, some of you guys think that what you say is good & true because you said it.the thai police will get to the bottom of it sooner or later, for every barny fife there is a andy behind him.......oh yea one more thing....rapes & murders are far less here than uk,usa & aussie land. :-)

I think people are taking the "couldn't be Thai" line a bit out of context. Thais are fully aware of what Thais are capable of, and something like this is well within those realms. To me they use it in more of a "can't be human" way. I don't think the intent was there to suggest that a crime like this could only be committed by a non-Thai... that's ridiculous especially after the recent horrific murders of children at fairs, and on trains, so to cut some slack might not hurt, Also, the Thais are incredibly fearful of this element, not in a supernatural way, but in a real physical way. They don't fight against the will of these evil mofos, because it inevitably will end badly. So although it seems like they are blase about this, they just don't feel safe to make a loud noise. But as the towers of evil start to crumble, then I think we'll see a change for the better come over the local people. And it will be hard for these powerful and dangerous people to remain entrenched in their towers for too much longer. One can only hope.

This could have been the impetus for the army to step in. They too are frightened to overstep all these invisible marks created by the three families the three islands police forces and the police general of Surat Thai.

You think this bumbling about has been incompetence ? It's been the show ! It's buying time to work out what to do with the real problem. It's manipulation at its finest. Of course they thought to block the island off. That was easy. And they advised the media they had done so. The reality is that they had not.

Stupidity or trampling a crime scene deliberately, stupidity or leaving the ferrys operating so there was every chance the criminals got away. Stupidity or focus on the victims behavior and friends to divert attention.

Extremely manipulative. And clever really. I am astonished that the death of two kids still does not force people out of their sanook Sabai Sabai happy happy p.r campaign. Trust me these police from the top of Surat thani s finest down knew exactly what they were doing.

I've got no doubt that this is correct... Of course there has been total complicity. For the last 30 years I also have this belief that at some point, whether it is an asteroid hitting earth, or a tsunami wiping half a continent, that the balance of evil and good will change, and it is out with the old and in with the new. At some point Thailand will need to take a quantum leap into the 21st century. I can't for the life of me see how they can plaster over this one. I have witnessed many that have been covered-up, and know many on the dark side who have "got away with murder"... but this one will be awkward.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this post? Stockholm syndrome? Who are the captives? Did he mean captors, that is the usual way of Stockholm syndrome, captives falling for captors. Of course we still don't know who is who. Cowardly and unmanly, who is that? Sounds like some guy at a keyboard afraid to say what he means.

Indeed, ramrod711, what is he on, or going on about?

Stockholm Syndrome has nothing to do with this case, that takes days or weeks to develop. It does not necessarily involve a 'crush' type attachment as exhibited by female captives toward male captors, just a mindset where one begins to identify and/or sympathise with ones captors, as may have been the case in the recent IS captives videoed statements. Poor blighters, knowing what their loony captors are like, their terror must drag on almost endlessly, you could not blame them falling into the syndrome, if only to try find some mental relief. Sorry about drifting... back to the island.

I've got no doubt that this is correct... Of course there has been total complicity. For the last 30 years I also have this belief that at some point, whether it is an asteroid hitting earth, or a tsunami wiping half a continent, that the balance of evil and good will change, and it is out with the old and in with the new. At some point Thailand will need to take a quantum leap into the 21st century. I can't for the life of me see how they can plaster over this one. I have witnessed many that have been covered-up, and know many on the dark side who have "got away with murder"... but this one will be awkward.

http://www.samuitimes.com/double-homicide-near-koh-samui-airport/

Apparently two additional 'suicides' over a regular Samui weekend. Or are the suicide labels only saved for the farang murders ? Any clues on the number of suicides on these three islands per year ? Now there is a statistic I would be all too interested in viewing ! Or would that figure also be distorted or hidden from us as well ? Likely there is no such numbers that are even recorded. Merely a guess however.

Yes there are some idiot ideas and strange suggestions. However, everytime one person makes a post good or bad it boosts up the pressure to the police. It says, we are all thinking of Hannah and the families. It says we all will not keep quiet about this one until it goes away. No, I will not stop posting until the people who did this are caught. Hey everybody post some more . And anyone who is bored with finding these young kids murderers bugger off. Keep up the pressure guys.

• Like 1

http://www.samuitimes.com/double-homicide-near-koh-samui-airport/

Apparently two additional 'suicides' over a regular Samui weekend. Or are the suicide labels only saved for the farang murders ? Any clues on the number of suicides on these three islands per year ? Now there is a statistic I would be all too interested in viewing ! Or would that figure also be distorted or hidden from us as well ? Likely there is no such numbers that are even recorded. Merely a guess however.

Yeah, there would be plenty. (also "overdoses")... I've seen two such "suicides" first hand. Between you and me, if I die, it won't be suicide. Just getting it out there.

• Like 1

Sean McAnna who allegedly knew the deceased has posted on Facebook he knows who the killer and has posted photos. Now he is saying the 'mafia' are trying to kill him. He alleges it was a bar owner but if that is true then surely a lot of people would be involved in the cover up, maybe even the popo.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/513823619219083265

Strange how the pictures this guy took of his alleged would be attackers have been removed from his facebook page, no oubt he was persuaded by the BIB

To be sentenced under the Thai defamatory laws it is not necessary that what you state is untrue. He could even be charged with Section 16 of the Thai Computer Crime act uploading these images.

Section 16. Any person, who imports to a computer system that is publicly accessible, computer data where a third party’s picture appears either created, edited, added or adapted by electronic means or otherwise in a manner that is likely to impair that third party’s reputation or cause that third party to be isolated, disgusted or embarrassed, shall be subject to imprisonment for not longer than three years or a fine of not more than sixty thousand baht, or both.

to many bar stool generals here.dudes & dudetts in this forum seem to have all the answers to all the guestions they think should be asked. its true, some of you guys think that what you say is good & true because you said it.the thai police will get to the bottom of it sooner or later, for every barny fife there is a andy behind him.......oh yea one more thing....rapes & murders are far less here than uk,usa & aussie land. :-)

I would dearly like to see those stats on murders for the UK and Australia. USA, not sure, but there is absolutely no way that those countries have a higher murder rate.

Next you will tell me its safer to drive in Thailand than those countries.

I am not holding my breath waiting for the Thai police to solve anything. At the moment they seem quite happy apparently solving nothing.

Strange how the pictures this guy took of his alleged would be attackers have been removed from his facebook page, no oubt he was persuaded by the BIB

British Embassy advised it to be taken down as it would put him in more danger....along with the mssgs he sent..

I viewed them..before taken down

Edited by Nigeone

I would dearly like to see those stats on murders for the UK and Australia. USA, not sure, but there is absolutely no way that those countries have a higher murder rate.

I am not holding my breath waiting for the Thai police to solve anything. At the moment they seem quite happy apparently solving nothing.

Stats according to UN survey are as follows

USA - 5 per 100, 000 people capita

UK - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Australia - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Thailand - 6 per 100, 000 people capita.

No surprises there then!

• Like 1

Stats according to UN survey are as follows

USA - 5 per 100, 000 people capita

UK - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Australia - 1 per 100, 000 people capita

Thailand - 6 per 100, 000 people capita.

No surprises there then!

Quite surprised the UK and Aus are so high.