Violent Mexican cartels reach Australia

webfact

Mexican cartels reach Australia
AAP

VIOLENT Mexican cartels with links to Australian crime gangs are infiltrating the nation's illicit drug trade.

MELBOURNE: -- AUSTRALIAN Crime Commission (ACC) chief executive Chris Dawson says the cartels can get higher prices for their drugs in Australia than in Mexico or the US.

"Recently, we've seen the emergence of Mexican cartel activity within Australia," he said in a statement on Monday.

"The Australian Crime Commission is concerned about the types of serious and organised crime groups targeting Australia, in particular Mexican organised crime groups.

"You only need to look to the violence on the streets in Mexico and the thousands of people who have died at the hands of Mexican drug cartels to realise how dangerous these groups are, and they are now looking at Australia as a destination to facilitate their crime."

Full story: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/mexican-cartels-reach-australia/story-fni0xqi4-1227066272948

-- Herald Sun 2014-09-22

• Like 1

So who let them in? Australia is an Island so it's not as if they snuck across the border.

Yep, and if you have seen the Australian Border Security program its almost impossible to smuggle food in, not alone drugs

• Like 2

So all of a sudden it will be easy for the 100's of necessary Mexican enforcers to just wonder in and out whenever they like?

I couldn't bring my wife of 8 years into the country but it seems that Mexican cartels won't have any trouble.

Mind you that is the cockamammy way in Oz.

• Like 2

So all of a sudden it will be easy for the 100's of necessary Mexican enforcers to just wonder in and out whenever they like?

I couldn't bring my wife of 8 years into the country but it seems that Mexican cartels won't have any trouble.

That sounds very much like an American (cockamammy cheesy.gif ) who has an axe to grind with Australian Immigration Law.

• Like 1

chooka, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:26, said:chooka, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:26, said:

So who let them in? Australia is an Island so it's not as if they snuck across the border.

But there is 35,876 km's of mainland coastline, not all of it can be protected.

Edited by MediaWatcher
  • Like 1

chuckd, on 22 Sept 2014 - 13:28, said:

How many miles of coastline do you folks have?

Cartels are not known for smuggling through the airports.

Be very wary of these folks in the cartels. They murder nearly as wantonly as ISIS.

The Australian mainland has a total coastline length of 35,876 km (22,292 mi) with an additional 23,859 km (14,825 mi) of island coastlines. There are 758 estuaries around the country with most located in the tropical and sub-tropical zones.

• Like 2

That sounds very much like an American (cockamammy cheesy.gif ) who has an axe to grind with Australian Immigration Law.

Word usage is not absolute means of identifying the origins of a person. I use mate, gob, skint, spanner and other non-American English words. It must have something to do with globalization and a tolerance for difference and an embrace of diversity.

The only axe I grind, is the one I use to dismember prejudice and bigotry.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

Was reported in 2010, so why the report inferring it's relatively new activity? Are they saying the Mexican cartels are now hands on with local distribution, they use to work with local bikie gangs & others

A majority of cocaine imported into Australia over the past two years came from Mexico, the Australian Crime Commission told CNN in a statement Thursday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/09/16/australia.mexico.drugs/

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/australia-drug-arrests-mexico-cartel

Don't worry, all the bike gangs have weapons. Too bad they are on the side of the Mexican Mafia.

Exactly. Worldwide this is the proof the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution is #2, following #1, Freedom of Speech, for a reason. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. 9 yrs in Thailand and the only guns I have been made aware of are the ones in the hands of police, gangs, political groups, and students. The law abiding are defenseless. As we say back home, ''God made man. Sam Colt made men equal''.

Well, The people of Australia should be able to defend themselves, right? Oh yea I forgot, They took away your guns.... God Bless America and our second amendment rights!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif stop it we don't have children slaughtered in schools on a monthly basis in the name of the 2nd amendment and the right to carry guns and kill people. when Mexicans stop sneaking into the U.S and Americans stop slaughtering kids in schools come back with an argument

Don.t have to wait for those changes to take place in order to come up with an argument for that liberal manure. No one has been slaughtered in the name of the 2nd amendment. If the govt agencies didnt suffer from the ''left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing'', most if not all of the school shooters would have been red flagged as mentally unstable and prevented from doing their acts. In almost all of those cases, some agency or another already had information indicating those shooters should have received intervention before the slaughter. What the US really suffers from is liberal mentality in the judicial system. 70% of all violent crime each year is committed by career criminals, making up 5% or less of the total population, but thanks to plea bargaining, early release, and over crowding of prisons, they are spit back out into society to continue their sociopathic acts, while we house non violent criminal offenses in greater numbers. There are hundreds of gun laws on the books, but only a fraction of them are enforced. Adding more gun laws never was, never will be the solution. Just look at Canada, England, Australia, Thailand, to name a few where guns are outlawed, or strictly controlled. You can take the guns away from the population, and all you do is change the weapon of choice. Look at the instances of Thai males that pack machetes down their pants. Up til 15 yrs ago in the States, 1 out of every 4 women knew someone personally that had been a victim of rape. Women got sick and tired of being victims and they now make up the largest growing group buying and carrying guns. Do your homework. There are 50 states, each with varying differences in gun laws, not to mention the Federal laws. In every state that allows concealed carry of guns, the violent crime rates dropped drastically, where as the the states or cities with the most strict gun regulations have the most statistics of violence, Chicago Obama's home turf, New York City, Washington DC, Los Angelas, to name but a few.

The same issue of US judicial system applies to the Mexicans invading the US. Stop being politically correct, and start full enforcement of existing laws. I could on but I dont feel like writing a book here.

With that my ex pat friend, when you come up with an original thought not fed to you by the parroting liberal lame stream media, come back with a counter argument.

Inflammatory post and replies have been deleted. The topic is about Mexican cartels in Australia. Not really a lot to do with the US and not a lot to do with the 2nd Amendment to the US constitution. If you are going to make comparisons, then it needs to be relevant to the topic.