Motorbike documents

Halfie

Yesterday my boyfriend (Thai) bought a secondhand motorbike(his money) from a dealer. He must pay for the next 12 months. I asked him about the green book and was told that once the bike is fully paid he will recieve the book. Is this normal procedure and what papes should the bike have now? We live in Pattaya so I worry I won't have the correct documents if i'm stopped by the police.

Yes, standard procedure. If stopped by the police he will need his Thai ID card, a valid drivers license for motorbike, a copy of the green book (which the finance company will provide you) and the compulsory tax disk.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Yes, standard procedure. If stopped by the police he will need his Thai ID card, a valid drivers license for motorbike, a copy of the green book (which the finance company will provide you) and the compulsory tax disk.

What is this 'tax disc'?

For my bike I have my green book and tax receipt for which I pay every year at registration time.

What is this 'tax disc'?

For my bike I have my green book and tax receipt for which I pay every year at registration time.

It's the disc you see on window screens of cars and put in severval places on motorbikes.

Some people call it road funds licence some call it road tax disc.

It's square with a blue border and within is pink with the date it runs out and has the year numbers in large letters.

What is this 'tax disc'?

It's the disc you see on window screens of cars and put in severval places on motorbikes.

Some people call it road funds licence some call it road tax disc.

It's square with a blue border and within is pink with the date it runs out and has the year numbers in large letters.

Ok.. The 10cm x 10cm paper stating the registration expiry date?

If so where Im from we just refer to it as the 'Rego Sticker'. I was visualising an actual small disc of some type.

Back 10 years ago or so you used to have to have two "stickers." (Not really a sticker) One for registration and one for compulsory insurance. The insurance was shaped like a disc.. Now they are one, the pink square.

Pink registration "sticker.

tax_registration.jpg

Old tax disc no longer used.

motorcycle_tax_sticker.jpg

• Like 1

And the Por Ror Bor compulsory insurance

Yon can't get a road tax sticker unless you show the compulsory insurance which is issued as a headed document.

I keep my road tax and compulsory insurance together, so renewed the same day.

Edited by Kwasaki

And the Por Ror Bor compulsory insurance

Yon can't get a road tax sticker unless you show the compulsory insurance which is issued as a headed document.

I keep my road tax and compulsory insurance together, so renewed the same day.

yes I know that but OP asked what documents he should have now.

You forgot to tell him he should have por ror pbor