Southern police chief: Enough evidence in British tourists' murder case to make arrest now

webfact

who wants to bet, that in the end, after dna testing and everything

it will all fall down on ... 3 immigrants from myanmar ...

time enough to change dna testing, matching this and that ...

how do any of us know, if the dna left in the girl, has not been tampered with for convenience, after/during the thai autopsy, so that the UK side could not do a valid test anymore ?

no news from that side of the world concerning testing

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imagine the wealth of information relating to the murders and the cover up that the British, US and Chinese intelligence agencies would have from the flurry of phone calls, emails etc that would have taken place on the morning of the murders and over the last week between the powers that be in Thailand............

Just a thought

• Like 2

Police say they are no longer looking for a potential suspect behind the Koh Tao murders in Bangkok.

this comes straight after the news that the family got lawyered up big time and will sue the pants of anybody that mentions them. I don't suppose this will help the release of new info and tips from the public then, and is probably why the police are back to checking Burmese women and men for their DNA. I wonder, do many of these Burmese migrant workers wander around on the beach at night with a silenced gun?

Edited by jaidam

every now and then a comment by a local Nabob just makes you howl at the lack of logic.....how can a rational person say this?

"If there are mafias, the police should have informed and local people might have told the police about it,"

Deny, deny, deny. Then obfuscate. Then attempt to confuse people. Then try distorting the facts. But, whatever you do, do not be honest, truthful, straight forward or demonstrate integrity.

Sounds like the country I use to live in that's 12 hrs. away...........

And how do we know that the DNA tests can not be performed somewhere closer than Bangkok or Singapore ? With todays rechnology I would imagine they could bring a portable DNA lab to the island.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is why the real killer of the two tourists in Koh Tao, Thailand, will probably never be found or convicted http://t.co/t78RHZuHcR

Great article, someone should read it out on national TV.

Indeed, the best article by far I have read on the whole sorry saga and far better than anything in the papers.

And how do we know that the DNA tests can not be performed somewhere closer than Bangkok or Singapore ? With todays rechnology I would imagine they could bring a portable DNA lab to the island.

There's no such thing as a portable DNA profiling lab. The items of equipment involved, especially the DNA sequencer, are large and fragile, and cannot be moved.

Moreover, DNA tests must be done in near sterile uncontaminated lab surroundings. This is essential. The methods used are so sensitive that chance contamination from the outside can completely invalidate the tests.

In addition there is an account of the DNA profiling capable labs in Thailand here that will give you a good idea of how complex the testing facilities need to be:

http://www.google.co.th/url?q=http://www.forensic.sc.mahidol.ac.th/proceeding/49_Samart.pdf&sa=U&ei=a98jVM6GPJSRuASn64GABg&ved=0CBMQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHZnZW5lcT0Kk58D9MATLCpdejG5g

A quote from the above: "In 2007, there are a total number of 7 forensic DNA laboratories in Thailand, in which 6 are located in Bangkok and only one laboratory is located outside Bangkok."

There is no possibility of moving this stuff around like a backpack!

Edited by partington

Police say they are no longer looking for a potential suspect behind the Koh Tao murders in Bangkok.

this comes straight after the news that the family got lawyered up big time and will sue the pants of anybody that mentions them. I don't suppose this will help the release of new info and tips from the public then, and is probably why the police are back to checking Burmese women and men for their DNA. I wonder, do many of these Burmese migrant workers wander around on the beach at night with a silenced gun?

Agree that the lawyers would make the police tread carefully - they have stupidly released very damning information with no evidence as yet.

Also agree that this may finally shut the police up and they may keep mum until they have someone behind bars - with concrete evidence. They could even leak disinformation to fool the killers and stick it to social media. (I hope this is true.)

However I cannot agree with the rest of your post, just vitriol.

So if they have enough evidence to make an arrest as this topic states then where is the arrest. Morons.

Unless you have lived in LOS for a while you will not know that daily life revolves around crap talk, or BS, usually on a microphone. Look at the BKK fiasco's, a continuous flow of crap talk that folk seem to take in.

The farang is a wee bit different in that we can put 2+2 together to move something forward without being hood winked. I just hope UK authorities are somewhere behind the scenes with this. .

+1

I fear the families of David and Hannah will never get closure now. The family have obviously paid vast amounts to the varying levels of police to get out of it.

It'll hang over the island for a while but eventually the bad feeling will subside and business will go on as usual. The killers could do something like this again...

I fear the families of David and Hannah will never get closure now. The family have obviously paid vast amounts to the varying levels of police to get out of it.

What have the families paid for? 'Closure' is a dozy meaningless American expression, what the families want is justice. There will never be 'closure' for these families.

Edited by jacky54

What have the families paid for? 'Closure' is a dozy meaningless American expression, what the families want is justice. There will never be 'closure' for these families.

The 'paid' refers to the Thai folk bribing the authorities. Closure is pretty definitive to me, so I think your anti-us sentiment lessens you... and no dear, I'm not 'merican ..rolleyes.gif

• Like 1