Pattaya Chonburi Car Coating, How Much and Where ? Worth Paying the Same Price as a Painting Job ?

thairastawoman

Pattaya Chonburi Car Coating, How Much and Where ? Worth Paying the Same Price as a Painting Job ?

Hello,

Has anybody done a ceramic coating (glass coating) for a car in Pattaya or Chonburi city ?

https://www.facebook.com/glosslinepattaya

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nvc-Glass-Coating-Pattaya/1513105048907677

Is it really worth paying almost as much as a new paint job ?

It sounds so ridiculous and kind of stupid think for people who have nothing else to do but care about their car, but at the same time I have no time to wax any of my cars, so I wonder if I should do this coating to avoid having to waste time at a car detailing shop to wax the car.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Who quoted you the price that is "almost as much as a new paint job" ? I was under the impression the cost was about 12,000.

I plan to get mine done moreso to correct paint imperfections (bad swirling and orange peel), the nice smooth shiney finish is also nice to have as I find it too damn hot here to polish the car every other weekend.

Glass coating is a silica coating which is claimed to keep the paintwork in as new condition for many years. As well as protecting the paint, it repels dirt, requires no waxing, and makes the car easier to clean. I have a friend who had it done 3 years ago and his car still looks like new. Glossline offer a paint-on treatment for 25k and a spray-on treatment for 50k, which seems to be in line with Bangkok prices. Don't think it is an alternative to a repaint, but I suppose it can prevent the need for a repaint being required!

• Like 1

I bought a Toyota Camry 2.4 navigator in 2008, it is pearl white metallic. The car lives under open-sided cover most of the time, in a beach front car park. Most vehicles these days are painted by the 'base coat and clear' method, that is to say they are sprayed with a matt finish base coat, then finished with clear lacquer, my Camry has never been waxed, only washed with detergent, the paintwork is still as good as new.

Most car wax is abrasive, and creates micro scratching, It did have to be used on a frequent basis when cars were finished with cellulose,many moons ago, in my opinion, with modern paint finishes, waxing is completely unnecessary.

Hello,

Interesting opinion that I share.

But I keep asking to avoid to regret later.

Thank you again.

30.000? Well I get my truck washed and waxed for 450 baht once a month so I will stick with that.

Why do you wax it once a week? My ride is mostly parked at home under a roof and still looks like new now over 1.5 years old.

My Toyota Vigo is over 3 years old & still like new. If you are waxing every week you ruin the risk of polishing right through your paint. Wash regularly including under the guards, every few weeks & wax occasionally, 1x or 2x a year at most.. Use a little light cutter on marks. Most of them go instantly. My last 2 cars overseas were 14 years old when I sold them to move here. Very high UV in that country & they both still looked like new after a cut & polish. I always buy white, cream, silver or bronze cars. Red is the worst colour car to buy. Red pigments are not stable & fade quickest. Dark green, Blue & black are hard to keep looking clean & as they are dark, they get hotter and the paint itself oxidizes sooner. te other poster was right about modern paints being clear-coated over the colour. Polish through that and you are in trouble, I seriously suggest you get another more fulfilling hobby or obsession.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

I have had glass coating done on my car. It looks good, makes the bodywork easier to clean and maintain, and I believe it will keep it looking good longer.

How much did it cost ?

See post #8

Ahh ok.

so what is the difference between paint on and spray on ?..... is the spray on not done with a spray gun AKA paint gun ?

I have had glass coating done on my car. It looks good, makes the bodywork easier to clean and maintain, and I believe it will keep it looking good longer.

If it makes you feel happy it's good already !

But I still prefer to repaint the car for 50000 than giving this money for a useless coating...

How much did it cost ?

See post #8

Ahh ok.

so what is the difference between paint on and spray on ?..... is the spray on not done with a spray gun AKA paint gun ?

Yes, the spray on is done with a spray gun. The spray version is guaranteed for five years, the paint-on for three.

If it makes you feel happy it's good already !

But I still prefer to repaint the car for 50000 than giving this money for a useless coating...

"Useless" varies by perception. It does make a difference; up to the individual to decide it is worth the cost. It's not an alternative to a repaint; if the paint is already in poor condition, glass coating won't help. My car was one week old when I had it treated. I intend selling it after four years, by which time the paintwork should still look like new and the treatment will still have a year's warranty on it. So, for me, I decided it was worth it. Your mileage may vary.

Yes, i understand, but i don't resell my cars, so for me a new paint work after 5 or 10 years under the sun will be ok.

So you did it at gloss line shop on sukhumvit pattaya, the shop with blue sign ? And you paid 50000 thb ?

Do you have a document for guarantee ? And what if they close ?

Edited by thairastawoman
  • Like 1

fosseway, on 25 Sept 2014 - 23:00, said:fosseway, on 25 Sept 2014 - 23:00, said:fosseway, on 25 Sept 2014 - 23:00, said:

I bought a Toyota Camry 2.4 navigator in 2008, it is pearl white metallic. The car lives under open-sided cover most of the time, in a beach front car park. Most vehicles these days are painted by the 'base coat and clear' method, that is to say they are sprayed with a matt finish base coat, then finished with clear lacquer, my Camry has never been waxed, only washed with detergent, the paintwork is still as good as new.

Most car wax is abrasive, and creates micro scratching, It did have to be used on a frequent basis when cars were finished with cellulose,many moons ago, in my opinion, with modern paint finishes, waxing is completely unnecessary.

Yes, all cars and pickups have been clear coated for quite a number of years now. Clear coating is not that resilient to damage, bird droppings, which can be pretty acidic will damage an unprotected clear coat if not removed reasonably quickly especially under the Thailand sun. So I'm very surprised but please for you that your 'paintwork' is undamaged after some six years of been basically unprotected. I wonder if you would get a surprise if you 'polished' an area of your car bodywork with a proper car detailing cleaner.

Pearl White, as mine is, doesn't easily show any damage, you can only see the tiny swirls on mine if you shine an inspection light at the correct angle. I have always used a quite expensive non-abrasive wax. Even so I get finger nail marks in the recesses under the door handles. As I use a wax I need to 'clay' the bodywork every 2-3 months before re-applying another wax coat. To remove bird dropping etc I just lay a bit of wet 'unused!' toilet paper over the deposit for a couple of minutes to soften and then wipe off.

Proper glass coating is 'the biz' however there are quite a few companies who maybe should not be on the band wagon. Our local guy, has been in business for 14 years and does a good job ... 36000Baht for three years guarantee including 3-monthly maintenance. I was tempted, but 1000Baht/month and you still have to wash it weekly to keep that 'dripping look'. Anyway Pearly white never looks as though the car is 'dripping' unlike pure whites and dark colours.

I have just obtained from Japan enough Glass coating liquid, applicator sponges and maintenance coating (Si-700) to do two cars for just over $72. I will have to polish out the swirls myself and then use ISP Alcohol to remove everything from off the clear coat before applying the glass coat. Preparation is of the utmost importance. I'm retired so I have the time and will get pleasure from seeing the finished produce.

If you search the Motoring Forum there is quite a lot on Glass Coating and paint protection products in general ... worth a read.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

It's 30000+ minimum for serious job, anything else is not better than your weekly wax.

Where do you plan to do it ?

I saw glass coating advertised at the underground festival car park today, where they clean the cars, near the motorcycle parking.

• Like 1

Yes, i understand, but i don't resell my cars, so for me a new paint work after 5 or 10 years under the sun will be ok.

So you did it at gloss line shop on sukhumvit pattaya, the shop with blue sign ? And you paid 50000 thb ?

Do you have a document for guarantee ? And what if they close ?

Glad this thread has helped you decide which is the best solution for you.

• 1 year later...

I'm retired successful detail operator from USA. 36 years hands on experience. Live in Pattaya. I read all the post it's really with the paper it's written on ceramic coastings and dealers paint protection. Does not warranty against bird droppings rock chips and or hard water spotting.

I purchased and applied ceramic coating on my 2010 Mazada 3 Pearl white. The product has a one day shelf life so one must use the entire bottle to insure it's installed per manufacturers specifications. I put 4 coats 3 months ago my car looks like my fellow posters. Last week I installed Mequiars liquid carnuba wax to enhance the wet look. Done looks fantastic

I don't sell these coatings at my shop as I don't believe it's cost effective. I want to stress that even those coatings still requires 3-4 times a year preventive maintenance coatings.

So in essence after reading there warranty it will never pay for damaged clear coat due to bird droppings. Rock chips or hard water spots. Anyone who wants to believe that it's cost effective I'm not going to disagree. But I am certain that the coatings require quarterly maintenance to insure its effectiveness n

Interesting 'Topic"

I took delivery of my new Revo today from Toyota in Rayong

Needless to say it was rained on coming home.......also had to endure road works on the 36 with their insane practice of tearing up kms of road using a machine with a water bowser spraying filthy sludge over everywhere and everyone

As a "Car Fanatic" I have been wondering what method of protection I should use

So these hints are food for thought

Many thanks to All

Edited by DD13

Sorry ,but what should we learn from your post ?

It's worth paying 30000 o do it if it includes 3 or for maintenance in 1 year ?

And what is the purpose of glass coating if you still have to do some maintenance and then wax the car ? It really sound too much and even stupid in my opinion.

I own a S-class and didn't even wax it one time as I feel retarded to have to care a stupid car...

Maybe I'm wrong but in my idea I save a lot of time by not caring anything but just clean the bird shit, then after few years I will just do a paint job that will cost me less than all the time, money and energy that I could have spent to maintain a stupid car...

I'm retired successful detail operator from USA. 36 years hands on experience. Live in Pattaya. I read all the post it's really with the paper it's written on ceramic coastings and dealers paint protection. Does not warranty against bird droppings rock chips and or hard water spotting.

I purchased and applied ceramic coating on my 2010 Mazada 3 Pearl white. The product has a one day shelf life so one must use the entire bottle to insure it's installed per manufacturers specifications. I put 4 coats 3 months ago my car looks like my fellow posters. Last week I installed Mequiars liquid carnuba wax to enhance the wet look. Done looks fantastic

I don't sell these coatings at my shop as I don't believe it's cost effective. I want to stress that even those coatings still requires 3-4 times a year preventive maintenance coatings.

So in essence after reading there warranty it will never pay for damaged clear coat due to bird droppings. Rock chips or hard water spots. Anyone who wants to believe that it's cost effective I'm not going to disagree. But I am certain that the coatings require quarterly maintenance to insure its effectiveness n

Edited by thailanddogerator

30.000? Well I get my truck washed and waxed for 450 baht once a month so I will stick with that.

Why do you wax it once a week? My ride is mostly parked at home under a roof and still looks like new now over 1.5 years old.

Where can you wax the car for 450 baht ?

• Like 1

How much does it usually cost ? and where do you go ?

Where can you wax the car for 450 baht ?