German beggar spends donated cash drinkin' and partyin' in Pattaya

webfact

in 5 days he spent 50,000THB ... facepalm.gif Should have put the money to better use and went home it only cost for a flight one way back to Germany 25,000thb

Why? Sounds like he is having a blast. As i said above I bet he is getting some type of disability money also. Besides you know he is not getting laid back home.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich farang cheat poor thai. Typical. Nothing unusual about that.

Please explain how he cheated Thais? The article states that the donations came from Germansblink.png

"The report claims that Benjamin made comments blaming “Thai people’s stupidity” for giving him the money."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/25/german-beggar-spends-donated-cash-drinkin-and-partyin-pattaya

Edited by metisdead
Font color re-set to black, again.

I guess his days are numbered anyway...whatever condition is causing his legs to swell must be serious...world won't miss him, nobody will mourn, perhaps the sooner the better in fact.

What an inhuman post. You should be banned immediately. Any other sick peopke you detest and eant dead? What about those with HIV, alcoholism, cancer, schizophrenia?

I am German resident, living here in Pattaya since long time and feel ashamed abut that guy.

Hope, he will disappear from here.

If You watch all these lonesome losers hanging at the bars around, already in the morning,with the beer,

what can you expect ??

Pattaya needs a change, urgent.

Less people like this and more qualified tourists.

And Helmut here is a long time pattaya resident for the lovely beach lol

That swollen foot looks like gout of a bon viveur to me. That's what too much high living will do to you.

Gout would be painful. I think I read he said himself it was not painful so not sure what it is.

So with the money he got he had the choice of either getting his leg treated or doing Pattaya. The guy's a legend or is that a leg end ? Budumtsh !

Reminds me of a beggar I saw in Oxford, with a half starved dog.

Nice young lady felt sorry for him, rather than give him money she bought him a sandwich and a hot cup of tea, he just throw them across the street.

If people feel so concerned with these people maybe there should be a system where people can by "food vouchers" to hand to beggars.

That swollen foot looks like gout of a bon viveur to me. That's what too much high living will do to you.

Gout affects joints, not whole muscular tissue, and if he had a gout attack he would not be laughing!

Looks more like Lymphoedema

I would say this was filariasis.

Gout affects joints, not whole muscular tissue, and if he had a gout attack he would not be laughing!

Looks more like Lymphoedema

I would say this was filariasis.

"A police Facebook page later quoted Holse as saying that the excessive swelling on his legs was a congenital symptom and his condition was neither elephantiasis nor painful."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Tourist-police-charity-rescue-German-beggar-30243746.html

Edited by metisdead
Font color re-set to black, again.

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

I think he's referring to the government rather than the public who would probably be more generous.

An interesting link. I wouldn't take too much notice of slight differences countries but as a general view certainly worth looking at. It must be very difficult in some countries to obtain usable data.

The Wikipedia article seems to be inaccurate. It claims that the surveys were conducted in urban areas when the actual reports state it included rural areas. It also says giving of time or money to political parties and organisations is included but I can't find any mention of that. It would certainly seem an odd inclusion. In a country like China the Communist party probably doesn't need that much help and in some countries I think it's restricted.

In this guy's case if he has wasted money before then just giving it to him was probably a mistake.

It will make people less likely to give in cases where there's a real need.

He's German. He's in Thailand. They win the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

It was not his government it was an NGO who helped him and people in Thailand, if Americans do not help Americans then it is not the government who are stingy, it is the citizens.

The fact that he ended up on the streets in the first place and the way he used the help he was given sounds awful like the behaviour of a person with an alcohol problem to me. When I see cases such as this I think to myself "There but for the grace of God go I".....I doubt when he was a child he came to the conclusion that sleeping on the streets would be a good choice of career for his adult years. I hope he finds a good life in his future years, he's still a young man.