Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

Lite Beer

Is there really any point is discussing the DNA or any of the "evidence"? After the last 13 days does anyone believe anything these clowns say? Even the staunch Thai defenders seemed to have disappeared.

My opinion is that some pieces of evidence and some findings of the investigation can be taken at face value.

Question for you--do you really think a conspiracy exists that actually includes every police officer and investigator involved? Well over 100, not to mention crime lab techs, and you think they are such a well-tuned organization to work in perfect harmony to mislead the public as if they were a Symphony Orchestra?

No, I think it is a combination of conspiracy, incompetence and circling of the wagons.. Lab technicians can only test what they are given, they will not know where it came from or how well it was collected. And how many plods will speak up if they have any doubts?

OK. So you are saying that the 100 or more investigators assigned to this case are all incompetent to run an investigation but that they are all incredibly competent enough to successfully conspire to divert an investigation.

Do you ever wonder if you might have a smidgeon of bias and if that bias might cloud your judgement?

Only asking because it is a very dark place--your reality.

It's clear what I said.

And Kho Tao is the real dark place.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with David's family not pressing the issue, they give the murderers a pass

No.

They simply recognize the obvious--nothing will bring their beloved child back.

Their entire world has crashed and they din't wish to be reminded of the brutality of their child's death for the next year in pursuit of actively participating in an investigation and trial.

And you have a responsible to respect that because you and everyone of us on here have no right to comment on their decision in the manner you just did.

Thats all well and good but the issue is to protect kids that are still alive now for the future.

The parents of the kids need never know whats going on to catch the ass holes. They/we owe it to the deceased to find closure and not wait for another kid to suffer.

The parents paid their dues already.

They are not obligated to "do" anything.

I don't even comprehend the amount of self-righteousness someone would have to have to insist that the parents need to know because they owe it to their dead child.

Just in case you forgot...you don't know these victims. They were not your friends, they were not your neighbors. They were not your family. Tomorrow you wake up and its just another day.

Tomorrow it might be you!

• Like 1

That's not what this Thai news source has just reported.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

" The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world."

In other words, he's admitting that if world attention was not on this, a scapegoat would have sufficed to solve the case.

LMFAO!

Maybe the press release leading to this thread ('Key Witness Says....') is bogus, and/or crafted to raise the ire of hundreds of farang who post on here. It's not a stretch to think some Thai cops would love to piss-off farang. After all, their 'face' is getting dragged through the mud in these forums, whether justifiably or not.

Do you honestly believe they care about what we here at TV or other forums think/say?

Foreigner - probably true. Probably not a Thai. That makes sense to me. There are many foreign Asians around. Logic says it is not a local - my logic. Logic says it was people who thought they could do this and escape asap.

I think your logic is flawed because I think it highly unlikely the perpetrators planned and thought this out. They were quite likely intoxicated through drugs or alcohol or both and there were at least two, probably three of them. I cannot see a scenario where they would collectively think let's commit this crime BECAUSE we can get away with it.

In any case Thais have no respect for the police and little for the law so they would expect they can get away with it if they stopped to think about it - which they almost certainly did not. Especially so if they are rich and influential

• Like 1

Suffice to say, the two kids are dead and their parents are not reading these threads, but the thai invesitgation people are,

try to make useful comments or just hot the like button and scroll on

there is no sufficient and growing pressure on the authorities and, it is growing

every mis step now, will be broadcast to an ever widening audience

They have made a firm decision to not go after the headman's son. Even though they have eye witnesses, and CCTV footage, and more than likely other evidence to confirm he is the perp. Since he is above the law, and both the police and the army have made a decision that is he untouchable, they now have to pursue far less guilty suspects. So, the rumor mill starts. This also takes pressure off the tourism industry. If this dastardly act was not committed by a Thai, then they will think we are clean, and we do not behave in this way. So, it is a good solution all the way around. Frankly, one many of us expected from the beginning. Some creatures cannot help but show their true colors.

OMG you wrote ONLY assaulted the DEAD female victim..

ONLY??? that is a very sick crime, what sort of penalty is fitting for raping a dead body with a mangled head?

When they were looking for Mons son there was a reason, the DNA is a 70% match with Mon which proves it is one of his relatives...

These facts have not been released but are well known by many on Koh Tao..

This was a terrible crime and whoever was involved to any degree needs to be found. Not since Ted Bundy or the Hillside stranglers have such violent rape/murders been seen. The fact that this was committed by a group of men 2 or 3 or more makes it worse. Even the Manson gang didn't resort to rape. Whether rape happened before or after her death is to be seen. But I cannot even imagine the horror of this crime that was committed. It boggles the mind that the BIB apparently spend more time on social media that investigating the murder and have resorted to releasing weekend troll press releases such as this one. With 400 respsonses to this thread in only a few hours id say there getting good.

While the farang crowd on Koh Tao seem to want it to just go away have they considered that if or when this happens again that the crime may be pinned on them? That they may be suicided in the woods or blamed for someone elses crime? Its clear that the BIB can do whatever they want in this case and others. Time to go bed early, keep all receipts, wave and smile at all cctv to establish where you were and when, and flush all cigarette butts down the toilet. Or heck just go somewhere else for vacation. is it really worth it?

Sadly this is not true. Whilst rape and murders with this level of brutality are indeed rare, they are not as rare as most people believe they are. The extent of violence inflicted on a rape/murder victim is rarely reported in any real detail and that is why, when we do hear of these cases, we are shocked at how terrible these attacks can be.

Think about the reporting about this case, if you only knew what was reported in mainstream media, would you be aware of the level of brutality inflicted on Hannah?

When you delve deeper into case files you realise how barbaric some of these attacks really are. I’m not suggesting that Hannah wasn’t subjected to the worst kind of brutality (she clearly was), but the suggestion that this is the worst since Bundy is just not accurate all. Sadly I could probably easily name 100+ victims of such extreme violence and rape off the top of my head. I only know a small fraction of course. One thing we have learned from this type of crime is that if the perpetrator is not found, they will do it again in one form or another. That cannot be allowed to happen.

very unlikely that this was their first raping

very unlikely that this was their first killing,

with the new facebook page and the link to the CNN reporters twitter feed,

it is very unlikely that they will be forgotten,

and even more likely that the pressure will now seriously begin on the Thai government

I have also contacted Steve Forbes

I don't think there will be any pressure put on the Thai govt, there never is. But I hope to God there is. I really would love to see Thailand tourism totally destroyed by this, because they deserve it if they are so incompetent and can't protect tourists.

So, this is to hoping please please please somebody get on this and expose Thailand's incompetence for what it really is. The world needs to know this, and if the international media wont use this as an example, I fear they never will.

• Like 1

Suffice to say, the two kids are dead and their parents are not reading these threads, but the thai invesitgation people are,

try to make useful comments or just hot the like button and scroll on

there is no sufficient and growing pressure on the authorities and, it is growing

every mis step now, will be broadcast to an ever widening audience

Can I please make this known that a friend of my partner has this morning advised that a few Bangkok top international schools are going to Koh Tao for their school trips in the next few months. I am floored that they would even still consider pressing forward with these. The schools have offered all reassurances that the students will be safe and they will have adult supervision at all times. Perhaps they will be safe. One cannot know right now as Koh Tao is such a hot spot but please if you have any respect for these two families please boycott these school trips to koh tao this year. I know this woman is making it clear to her children's school on Monday ...urge the schools to make better decisions please.

• Like 2

People by and large don't realize just how far and how low Thais will go to fabricate a story, save face and save their butts.

It's quite obvious to anyone with any day to day knowledge of Thailand what is going on here; why the BIB said this, why the BIB said that, why the BIB played for time, why the crime scene was fouled, why the junta said whatever, what the headman's ploy was with his reward and alibis, why foreign social media was criticized etc etc ...yawn...

And we are all supposed to act dumb and soak up this nonsense like uneducated serfs living in a bygone age.

What to do? If the Thai authorities cannot face the truth, should this not be raised to an international rather than a domestic issue?

Although this was a great tragedy for the family, does it really rate as one of the world's great crisis that demands international investigation? What about all the Thais who die annually?

Look mate, its a great tragedy also forThailand. Yes it does rate very very high,and demands a international investigation. Thailand will not slip out of this one

that is guaranteed. The whole world is watching and waiting,mark my words.

They treat their own ( poor) with massive indifference. This at least will make them accountable to some degree , therefore can only help.

If they don't look after their own why do you think they would care an iota about a foreigner ..

I remember the outbreak of the aids virus here " the farang disease", many died because of so much nonsense about Thais couldnt catch it., nothing has changed, maybe this incident will help,

• Like 1

Thai authorities will do everything possible to craft an outcome that exonerates Thais and Thailand, to be followed by numerous speeches and articles repeating, "See, Thailand is really a wonderful safe place except for the occasional bad tourist who represents only 0.0000001% of our many happy visitors. Come. Spend money much."

this is retarded,

someone comes on here and posts 5 day old news, without a link

BTW,

there are now 200 likes on the Facebook page for the two murdered vacationers to Thailand

my guess is 150 came from the Bangkok expats page that I posted too,

I believe the more pressure we exert, the better,

of course, I probably will not ever go to Thailand again after this anyway

Yes Mr Fong. You are so important!!

Two young people are brutally murdered, and all you care about is "likes" on FB.

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out!!coffee1.gif

To be fair all he's trying to do is help keep this case in the wider public awareness. 'Likes' on facebook for the memorial page will keep it more available in searches generally. Must admit I have no clue what the 'like' button actually achieves on TV though.