Grand travel events planned for Ko Tao after murder case solved

Lite Beer

" insufficient water for consumption" ...

that is why everybody is used of drinking alcohol ?

and

"Grand travel events planned for Ko Tao after murder case solved"

so a big party planned to make everybody believes it never happend ?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is absolutely disgusting and reflects directly as too the mentality of this nation.

Two foreign tourist were assaulted and brutally murdered on this island and their main concern is tourist perceptions and protection of revenue; simply sweeping under the carpet a real and recurrent problem in Thai society with regard to violence and general lawlessness.

Owing to the inept manner by which this a several other incidents have been dealt with I think that Embassy's should put out a travel alert to their respective nationals that you come to Thailand at your own risk as there is a complete failure in the police and judicial system.

• Like 1

This is absolutely disgusting and reflects directly as too the mentality of this nation.

Two foreign tourist were assaulted and brutally murdered on this island and their main concern is tourist perceptions and protection of revenue; simply sweeping under the carpet a real and recurrent problem in Thai society with regard to violence and general lawlessness.

Owing to the inept manner by which this a several other incidents have been dealt with I think that Embassy's should put out a travel alert to their respective nationals that you come to Thailand at your own risk as there is a complete failure in the police and judicial system.

"put out a travel alert", the British have. More people should read it.

http://gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand

• Like 1

20 mins ago, Phuket News posted a headline "Koh Tao tourism tumbles" Result:

Server not found Firefox can't find the server at www.thephuketnews.com.

Hmmm

Odd. I`m in a different country and using google. Phuket News will not load.

Prob just iffy i/net connections or a tech glitch at thephuketnews end?

Anyone else?

Paraphrasing Morrissey..."Thailand....so much to answer for".

Not everything in Thailand is negative

Well, it comes to a point where balancing balancing the good and the bad becomes difficult.

As a family man with growing kids, I am over the moon I got them out of the place for dozens of reasons. So tell me, what are the positives?

I don't even miss the 40c 95% humidity or the scowls from the caddies on the golf course because I take a cart. You see, once you open your eyes somewhere ,its very hard to close them again.

So what are the positives?

Weather? Infrastructure? Beaches? Cost of living? Acccomkdation? Safety? Health care?

What makes Thailand stand out anymore? Not much.

• Like 1

A couple of things immediately spring to my mind; "Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanawarangkun has traveled to Ko Tao island in Surat Thani province to follow up on the progress of the murder of two British tourists" Is she a detective too? I think she means following up to see how she can put some kind of positive spin on the murders and total incompetence of the police and get a backhander from the locals that are being protected by the same police. But this is the gem "The minister said she would arrange activities to boost confidence among tourists after the case was closed." Anybody got a clue what activities she could possibly arrange to boost confidence of tourists? A coffee morning? Whist drive? What a heartless clueless halfwit. My thoughts are with the family, how must they feel when they read stuff like this? If it was me I'd be thinking Thailand has no interest in finding the murderers they're only interested in sweeping it under the table

• Like 2

The best thing that can happen to the Thai's of this Island,even IF the case is solved, which is highly unlikely, would be a warning from the British Embassy about the dangers in travelling there.As a matter of fact there should be a general travel warning for the whole of Thailand.

There is. More people should read it.

I just saw the pictures from the murder scene. Repulsive.

This was a savage attack.

Then why on earth did you look?

Quite a few posters comment on these photos. Have they been widely circulated or did you search for them?

Same mentality as the rubber-neckers at crashes.

So shocking but they just have too look and then comment how bad it was.

Something very wrong with some people.

Quite a few posters comment on these photos. Have they been widely circulated or did you search for them?

I agree but, in fairness, these photos were indeed widely circulated, i got them in an unsolicited email.

Disgusting tactic, imho, sending these out like that.

Meanwhile the locals are openly mocking this savage double murder / rape. It's all just a joke to them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/401913/Holiday-Brit-murders-mocked-Thai-social-media-police-investigation

Before you hit the Enter button to post your stupid unfounded remarks, try reading the whole article that the Daily Star printed, it actually says that the local's on Ko Tao are mocking the police investigation, not the actual murders

• Like 1

Meanwhile the locals are openly mocking this savage double murder / rape. It's all just a joke to them.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/401913/Holiday-Brit-murders-mocked-Thai-social-media-police-investigation

Before you hit the Enter button to post your stupid unfounded remarks, try reading the whole article that the Daily Star printed, it actually says that the local's on Ko Tao are mocking the police investigation, not the actual murders

Whatever the words in the article, the photos are in very poor taste and indeed do insult the memories of the couple.

To say the locals are mocking the police may well be correct but, they have a very strange and insensitive way of doing so,

using murdered people as the tool of derision.

Attacking and insulting another poster because he understands the article of a sensationalist tabloid rag in a different way to you is petty.

• Like 1

I agree but, in fairness, these photos were indeed widely circulated, i got them in an unsolicited email.

Presumably the email was from someone you know? If yes, then I trust you gave them some suitable advice.

If the email was not from someone you know, then it's very risky opening a link.

Sorry but not sure exactly what you meant by "unsolicited".

Apart from someone forwarding you the link like what happened to you, then I don't these these photos are widely circulated, unless you go looking for them.

The best thing that can happen to the Thai's of this Island,even IF the case is solved, which is highly unlikely, would be a warning from the British Embassy about the dangers in travelling there.As a matter of fact there should be a general travel warning for the whole of Thailand.

There is. More people should read it.

Thanks for that information Good reading.

Presumably the email was from someone you know? If yes, then I trust you gave them some suitable advice.

If the email was not from someone you know, then it's very risky opening a link.

Sorry but not sure exactly what you meant by "unsolicited".

Apart from someone forwarding you the link like what happened to you, then I don't these these photos are widely circulated, unless you go looking for them.

I got the photos in the email, not a link, attachments. By unsolicited I mean it appeared to be from a spam email address.

Sent a rply message with a few expletives but no reply.

Regards.

Everyone ...please write to the travel wbsites..Tripadvisor etc...and voice your concerns..spread the word as much as possible....This latest story makes me sick...The Minister is worried about boosting tourist confidence for this island?...are you serious?....Only in Thailand!

Tripadvisor will not publish negative reviews/comments concerning safety on Koh Tao or not for long. They will be removed and/or replaced 6:1 with positive reviews or the topic will be closed. Wonder why? Check it out, but still worth a try.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k7811834-o30-Should_we_still_go-Ko_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

last night i farcebooked 'koh tao' as i was curious to see what was being written by people right there on the island. all i found was lots of rooms for rent and items for sale, mostly written by non thais. it seemed as if nothing had happened on the island, just normal everyday chitchat right across the murder timeline.

the other thing that i saw was dozens of requests for rooms from the date of the incident right the way to next year.

either we are the only ones who seem to be outraged by what happened there or everyone else just doesnt care about what happened there.

i certainly will not be setting foot on that place EVER after what happened however from what i read last night it doesnt look as if its stopped anyone else from trying to go there....

Everyone ...please write to the travel wbsites..Tripadvisor etc...and voice your concerns..spread the word as much as possible....This latest story makes me sick...The Minister is worried about boosting tourist confidence for this island?...are you serious?....Only in Thailand!

Tripadvisor will not publish negative reviews/comments concerning safety on Koh Tao or not for long. They will be removed and/or replaced 6:1 with positive reviews or the topic will be closed. Wonder why? Check it out, but still worth a try.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k7811834-o30-Should_we_still_go-Ko_Tao_Surat_Thani_Province.html

Just identified a new Trip Advisor thread "Is Koh Tao Open" I will also post this on the other, more active Koh Tao threads here on TV.

Many, TV members that have posted on the relevant Koh Tao murder threads have claimed the need to warn and educate the uninformed tourist of potential or realized safety concerns of/on the island. It is a need, same as any other destination. I could care less if the island economy is booming or in decline. However, I am curious to see if any one here takes two minutes to sign up, sign in, and post there reviews on the relevant Trip Advisor thread.

Should be interesting...Should also be interesting to see how quickly Trip Advisor closes the thread.

• Like 1

Just identified a new Trip Advisor thread "Is Koh Tao Open" I will also post this on the other, more active Koh Tao threads here on TV.

Many, TV members that have posted on the relevant Koh Tao murder threads have claimed the need to warn and educate the uninformed tourist of potential or realized safety concerns of/on the island. It is a need, same as any other destination. I could care less if the island economy is booming or in decline. However, I am curious to see if any one here takes two minutes to sign up, sign in, and post there reviews on the relevant Trip Advisor thread.

Should be interesting...Should also be interesting to see how quickly Trip Advisor closes the thread.

Tripadvisor won`t let me into the existing thread you quote to post an answer. So I have posted a new, and I hope carefully worded, question/thread in their Ko Tao forum. Look for "Ko Tao safe to go?"

• Like 1